Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 11-29-2017, 12:09 PM   #1
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
WOT restriction until 4k rpms?

Does the LGX still have the WOT restriction until 4K rpms like the old LFX?
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 07:17 PM   #2
Beast-Y-Blue

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 Camaro turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
Does the LGX still have the WOT restriction until 4K rpms like the old LFX?
auto yes manual no.
I have a 2.0t Camaro but its the same for v6 and v8
Beast-Y-Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 09:47 AM   #3
CamaroBruno

Drives: 16 Mosaic Black: 1LT; RS; NPP; Bose
Wait, what is this WOT restriction?
- Black Bowties, NPP "Fuse delete", Vitesse Throttle Controller
CamaroBruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 06:39 AM   #4
gringo
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroBruno View Post
Wait, what is this WOT restriction?
It's where the throttle blade does NOT open 100% until 4k rpms are reached. On the LFX, it was actually hardcoded into the ECU. Not even a tune could fully remove it.

When you WOT from a stop, it will restrict the throttle until you reach 4k rpms. When you reach 4k rpms, the ECU will allow the throttle blade to open up fully.
Old 12-01-2017, 08:51 AM   #5
dgriff14
waddupdgriff

Drives: Supercharged 2016 2LT RS
Quote:
It's where the throttle blade does NOT open 100% until 4k rpms are reached. On the LFX, it was actually hardcoded into the ECU. Not even a tune could fully remove it.

When you WOT from a stop, it will restrict the throttle until you reach 4k rpms. When you reach 4k rpms, the ECU will allow the throttle blade to open up fully.
Interesting. Is this hard coded into the LGX as well? I'm getting the Trifecta tune mostly because I read it added more low end power and this could be what it's fixing (if it isn't hard coded, of course).
dgriff14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 10:38 AM   #6
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:

This is why everyone bought the vitesse throttle controllers.
Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 04:38 PM   #7
gringo
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgriff14 View Post
Interesting. Is this hard coded into the LGX as well? I'm getting the Trifecta tune mostly because I read it added more low end power and this could be what it's fixing (if it isn't hard coded, of course).
I don't know. I use to think that the LGX didn't have the WOT restriction since the performance improvement over the LFX was more than the weight savings alone could account for.

If we assume an average weight loss of about 250 lbs and the 10-12 hp difference, that would make the 6sp manual LGX around 3-4 tenths faster than a 6sp manual LFX. I'm keeping the A8 out of the discussion due to obvious reasons.

The LGX 6sp manual is rated at 5.3 secs from 0-60 and 13.7 in the 1/4 mile. The LFX 6sp manual was rated at 5.9 secs from 0-60 and 14.3 in the 1/4 mile. That's around 6/10ths of a difference.

Weight and hp difference add up to around 30 hp total. Where is the extra 3 tenths coming from? If GM eliminated the WOT restriction on the LGX, that could explain it.
Old 12-12-2017, 06:53 PM   #8
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
I have a 2016 manual 1LT v6, no throttle hold back at all. The car responds to wot at 2000,3000 etc. I notice no change after 4000 at wot.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 06:57 PM   #9
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
I don't know. I use to think that the LGX didn't have the WOT restriction since the performance improvement over the LFX was more than the weight savings alone could account for.

If we assume an average weight loss of about 250 lbs and the 10-12 hp difference, that would make the 6sp manual LGX around 3-4 tenths faster than a 6sp manual LFX. I'm keeping the A8 out of the discussion due to obvious reasons.

The LGX 6sp manual is rated at 5.3 secs from 0-60 and 13.7 in the 1/4 mile. The LFX 6sp manual was rated at 5.9 secs from 0-60 and 14.3 in the 1/4 mile. That's around 6/10ths of a difference.

Weight and hp difference add up to around 30 hp total. Where is the extra 3 tenths coming from? If GM eliminated the WOT restriction on the LGX, that could explain it.
Aren't the v6 cars close to 300 lbs lighter? that is about .3 right there. Add the 12 horses and not sure how much more torque and that's another .1
+
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 11:48 AM   #10
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4camaro View Post
Aren't the v6 cars close to 300 lbs lighter? that is about .3 right there. Add the 12 horses and not sure how much more torque and that's another .1
+
Granted i have an auto. I just did the scales at MIR a few weeks back. 3850 with me sitting in the car. Im good for close to 400lbs...maybe closer to 375 right now since its been colder.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote