Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-21-2015, 04:52 AM   #43
Johnman

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 convertible IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
I saw cup holders..... are you saying they aren't full size?

Look again-the back one is noticeably smaller, just like the gen 5. I don't know of any other car with different-sized cup holders in the main console. The Camaro designers seem to have a perverse delight in designed-in impracticality. The tiny trunk opening is another example, simply no reason for it.
Johnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 07:54 AM   #44
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnman View Post
Look again-the back one is noticeably smaller, just like the gen 5. I don't know of any other car with different-sized cup holders in the main console. The Camaro designers seem to have a perverse delight in designed-in impracticality. The tiny trunk opening is another example, simply no reason for it.
My Envoy has a full size cupholder and a smaller one in the center console.
Old 07-21-2015, 08:12 AM   #45
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
The Camaro is a sports car. Trunk space, cup holders, and rear seat room aren't priorities in a car like this.

If those are priorities for you, you may want another car as an every day driver.

I personally don't give a darn if it has even one cup holder or a trunk big enough to carry more than a couple medium sized suit cases.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 08:31 AM   #46
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
The Camaro is a sports car. Trunk space, cup holders, and rear seat room aren't priorities in a car like this.

If those are priorities for you, you may want another car as an every day driver.

I personally don't give a darn if it has even one cup holder or a trunk big enough to carry more than a couple medium sized suit cases.
A sports car (sportscar) is a small, usually two seater, two door automobile designed for spirited performance and nimble handling.[2][3] According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, the first known use of the term was in 1928.[2]

Sports cars may be spartan or luxurious, but high maneuverability and minimum weight are requisite.[4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_car
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sports%20car
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 09:39 AM   #47
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Hell the 3 series BMW didn't get full size cup holders until the current gen in 2012. You can hear the Germans now arguing about it. "Why do these Americans need a cup holder for a 1L drink? Why do they need to drink and drive at all!" lol

But seriously unless you are getting 32oz drinks all the time to need one, I don't think it will be an issue.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 10:28 AM   #48
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
Hell the 3 series BMW didn't get full size cup holders until the current gen in 2012. You can hear the Germans now arguing about it. "Why do these Americans need a cup holder for a 1L drink? Why do they need to drink and drive at all!" lol

But seriously unless you are getting 32oz drinks all the time to need one, I don't think it will be an issue.
It was actually a big deal for BMW engineers when they were forced to put cup holders in their cars for the NA market. I remember Car and Driver doing an article about it.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 11:01 AM   #49
BahamaTodd

Drives: 08 Accord V6/M6 / 04 Canyon Z71
I don't know about much of the background of the hill start assist in the 5th gen, but has GM attempted to fix the problems? It sounds like it would only be a programming/calibration issue.

The main issue with the electronic e-brake is that it does not operate when the battery is dead. Engaged or disengaged.

If the battery is dead and you need to move the car, you're SOL if the e-brake was engaged.

If the battery is dead and you need to park the car on an incline, you have the chock the wheels.
BahamaTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 11:27 AM   #50
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Chevy is light years ahead of where they were even 10 years ago, but man, for the longest time they had THE WORST cup holder designs. It was like some weird ongoing inside joke that the designers had.
Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 06:18 PM   #51
BigRedViking

Drives: 1987 IROC-Z 5.7L 2016 1SS M6 NGM
Send a message via Yahoo to BigRedViking
I don't know what it is about that center console, something is missing... I can't quite put my finger on it...
BigRedViking is offline   Reply With Quote