Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Thread Closed

Old 07-15-2015, 11:50 AM   #1
DannyB

Drives: Impala
Awesome New Video

Old 07-15-2015, 11:54 AM   #2
Vizard_87

Drives: 2008 G37
I saw this on their facebook page a couple of days ago. I can't wait to get my hands on this. the only problem i have is deciding on what color to get!
Old 07-15-2015, 12:01 PM   #3
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
old news, check the pictures and videos section

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
Old 07-15-2015, 12:08 PM   #4
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
kinda disappointing actually. was hoping for ACTUAL video of the car at the track...not CGI. They really need to step their advertising game up. Dodge has the advertising down pat, especially compared to the near non existent advertising for the Camaro.

"Brand new car coming, should we tell anyone about it? nah...they'll figure it out. im sure someone else will tell them about it."
Old 07-15-2015, 12:38 PM   #5
Jeffro19

Drives: 2018 ZL1 6M, Silverado High Country
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis View Post
kinda disappointing actually. was hoping for ACTUAL video of the car at the track...not CGI. They really need to step their advertising game up. Dodge has the advertising down pat, especially compared to the near non existent advertising for the Camaro.

"Brand new car coming, should we tell anyone about it? nah...they'll figure it out. im sure someone else will tell them about it."
Completely agree. GM needs to have well thought out cool commercials for the new camaro. None of the CGI stuff.

Current Vehicles - 2018 ZL1 Red Hot 6 spd manual, Carbon Hood, Sunroof
2019 Silverado High Country, Daily Driver
Old 07-15-2015, 03:36 PM   #6
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:

You won't see much in the way of advertising, especially much TV time until late this year, or next spring is my guess. They are not going to advertise a car that isn't even in production yet. Heck...I'm sure Chevrolet wants to get rid of as many 15s as they can before they start pushing the 16s. Another reason is that they want to be sure they actually have some on the lots that people can actually go and look at before they start the TV ads. Look at the Colorado and Canyon. There was nothing on TV until a month or two after its production began.

As for their commercials...Yes they should follow what dodge is doing for its performance cars. They are awesome. CGI, as far as it has come, still sucks when compared to the real deal.
Old 07-15-2015, 04:14 PM   #7
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Historically, the Camaro has pretty much sold itself. Rarely will GM have a commercial featuring the Camaro, because a high percentage people that might want one already go to car shows & racing events, read magazines, and visit blogs. They (we) will already know about it long before production begins. Same goes for the Corvette & Mustang. How often do you see either of them get advertised by GM or Ford (in spots specifically for those cars, not generic 'brand' commercials)? They'll pop up in spots for aftermarket companies like Magnaflow, or be plugged via product placement, or given away as prizes on game shows (another form of product placement really). But TV commercials extolling the virtues of a brand new Camaro, or Mustang, or Corvette are few & far between. Because they're simply not needed.

Odds are, for at least the first 6 months of production the Camaro is going to have substantially more demand than supply. In a supply constrained environment, there is no point in spending millions of dollars to increase demand (via advertising) because its not going to get you any more sales. All it would accomplish is forcing customers to wait longer before getting their cars, and give dealers an excuse to add thousands in markup. I don't see either of those as good things.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 07-15-2015, 05:37 PM   #8
DannyB

Drives: Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
old news, check the pictures and videos section
I probably should have run a search. I was on my phone on YouTube and the video said ithad been posted only 2 hours before. That is why I thought it was brand new.

Mods feel free to delete.
Old 07-15-2015, 05:49 PM   #9
96MrBass

Drives: GM
Quote:

Camaro hasn't been doing to bad selling itself in the past 5 years I wouldn't think.
Roto- Fab Cai, SLP 1 3/4" headers, 3"X pipe, LM2 cat back, Comp Cam & AI Heads, SLP UP, RPM Tuned, GPI Intake, Vmax TB, ADM Air Scoop, 3.91 Gears, Gforce driveshaft, Braille 21#, Elite Catch Can, Pfadt Tie Rods, Diff Bushings and Trailing arms, Eibach spings & sways, BMR cradle bushings, Nt555r's.

Closed Thread