Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 04-21-2016, 01:32 PM   #29
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
A lot of tracks have just recently opened from their winter hiatus.

Or...it's also possible that..just maybe, more people like to talk a big game about 'tracking their car' than actually would ever do so.
Things that make you say Hmmmm.....
Old 04-21-2016, 01:41 PM   #30
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman View Post
I pretty much hate people that come on forums and tell you how wrong you and everyone else is, how all the smart people know that only "X" part is the best and ultimate choice, etc.

One that that I do agree with in Mr Centri's diatribes is that the A8 is not close to a dual clutch, not even playing the same game. It really does shift slowly and paddle response is lackadaisical.

For that reason when the A8 was coming and it had all that buzz around how fast it shifted and they were going to match DCT performance and so on I was glad GM was finally going to be getting a competitive automatic option in their performance cars. Except what they delivered wasn't it. Hugely better than the A6 but not close to a good DCT. I really hope the A10 ups the game because it's going to matter next time.

To give it some perspective my Grand Cherokee shifts faster and responds to the paddles more quickly than the A8 does, its a fact that really highlights the weakness of the A8. And that as they say, just aint right.
You are mentioning shift time with paddles, which is lag in the manual shift command. The shift time in actual auto is as fast as the ZF8 and the FCA copy they use. There is no measurable difference and if you feel there is I can show you examples that prove otherwise. Paddle shift, there is a difference but not in auto.

Just for perspective you believe your Cherokee shifts faster than this?

Also on the paddle shift lag subject, this video I think is the best example of showing it:

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 03:10 PM   #31
c7 to g6

Drives: 1ss nightfall gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20171LE View Post
Why in the world would you buy another GM auto, and skip the M6, after having first hand experience with GM's torque converter automatics not living up to GM's claims?????
I'm shaking my head at your choice.

Even Tadge Juechter himself is on video recommending road course guys skip the autos for the manual.
You already know the answer to the question you posed in this thread.
I need both hips replaced so no chance getting a manual .
c7 to g6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 03:23 PM   #32
c7 to g6

Drives: 1ss nightfall gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
A lot of tracks have just recently opened from their winter hiatus.

Or...it's also possible that..just maybe, more people like to talk a big game about 'tracking their car' than actually would ever do so.
This is correct !
c7 to g6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 04:14 PM   #33
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdoherty972 View Post
Why is it taking so long? People have had these for months.
Well, I can tell you that all our tracks, up until recently were closed for the season... So... Unless you're not in the snow belt, you're not tracking anything, anywhere.

Also, these cars are just now trickling out to more and more people and if you look around to see which people had what cars and in which states, you'll see that not many that would track were located in places that could.

Others are also breaking their cars in.

Up until this month, when those of us in the Road/Auto Course threads started actually getting part numbers -- there was 0 information on compatible pads/rotors for the 4pot brakes.

As I've stated elsewhere, I'm taking my 1700mi 2016 2SS A8 nonNPP MRC up to Road America for a Sat/Sun 20m per session track day.. I'll be trying out the heat dissipation ability of the front ducts, the OEM pads/rotors (but, Motul RBF 600 fluid) and in both manual and full auto modes in the trans.

So, I will personally get to see how it reacts and it'll still be relatively cool up in central Wisconsin, so if it overheats in that, then I'll know what to expect in summer. The current extended shows 50-60F and some showers, so that'll hopefully give me both wet and dry times and a good track air temp on what is a very hard on the car track.
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 07:42 PM   #34
meb91

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
The A8 vs M6 vs PDK debate is irrelevant to the OP, he already said he can't drive a manual due to medical reasons and I doubt he's going to trade his Camaro for a Porsche just because it has more responsive paddles. Not sure why you guys keep beating this dead horse.