Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-22-2016, 11:30 AM   #15
merlin803

Drives: 2016 Summit White Camaro 2SS
Comparing my Gen 5 SS to my Gen 6 with MRC, the Tour (softest) setting is like night and day, as my wife puts it "hitting any imperfection on the road in the old car made me feel like a bobble head, where this car rides like the Cadillac that we had a couple years ago".

For every day driving, it is a must have in my book, especially with the craptastic roads in my neck of the woods, lol.

It is an every day car for me and I don't go to the track, so I keep mine in the Tour mode all of the time.
merlin803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 11:34 AM   #16
dreamingat30fps

Drives: 2016 2SS
We have MRC in the XTS and its suppose to have normal and sport modes. Honestly I can't tell the difference. I can notice the steering but I don't notice any change in the suspension. Now it may just be that the XTS has a much more subtle difference than in the camaro.

However I will say the ride in the XTS is excellent. It does not feel "soft" when going over smooth roads and feels actually quite sporty, however when you hit a bump you just don't feel it as much as you would expect given how the car feels over smooth roads. It's hard to explain.
dreamingat30fps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 12:28 PM   #17
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
I have a 2012 ZL1 with MRC and a 2015 Corvette with MRC. I really do not notice the suspension difference mode change from tour to track in the ZL1 as much as in the Corvette. With the Corvette the each mode change is quite different. I find myself in Tour mode most of the time because it is a much softer ride and a very noticible difference from Sport. I have not spent enough time in a 6 Gen with MRC to compare with ZL1 to give an opinion. But I do know I would not order a car for myself that did not have mag ride.
Old 04-22-2016, 01:35 PM   #18
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
I drove a non-MRC 6th gen and I can tell you it felt better in every way compared to the sport suspension on my 328i. The Camaro ride was more compliant but at the same time felt a sports car suspension. I don't think you can go wrong with either MRC or not. But I do think MRC is worth the money. Just might not be worth it to everyone depending on what they are looking to do or coming from.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote