Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 04-21-2016, 04:24 PM   #1
xonos

Drives: 2016 2SS (Nightfall Gray Metallic)
I can finally participate!

So for a few years, I've lurked these forums in search for fellow V6 owners that were into modding it. I was really interested in what could be done for my 2013 2LT and I was sad to see how little I could do on a limited budget. I finally bit the bullet and bought a 2016 2SS. I am finally in the V8 club, hurray. Here's a startup video I did when I was at the dealership a couple weeks ago. Despite what many others have said (in terms of hating the body) - I personally love it. It feels very comfortable, a little less space than what I am used to but I truly love the aggressive design.

http://xonos.net/start_up.mp4

Quick question though for anyone that might know. What is the real difference between sport and track mode? The only difference I notice is that in track mode, the steering tightens up. Is that all?

Also, I was interested in the front accented lights beneath the circular ball shaped light. Is there a way to change the LED colors in those? I saw an image of one where those accented lights were red. I also noticed that my headlights have a "show mode" but I can't find much information on that.
xonos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 04:27 PM   #2
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
manual doesn't say?

steering, engine response(?), if you have mag ride it will do something there, and then exhaust if you have the dual mode option.
Old 04-21-2016, 04:29 PM   #3
xonos

I have magnetic ride control so I suppose there might be difference there. I really can't hear any difference with exhaust at all. I went automatic with this one though. I love the "performance shifting algorithm" and, while I can drive a manual just fine - I am not a professional in terms of speed shifting so this suits me better. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place in the manual.
Old 04-21-2016, 07:34 PM   #4
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by xonos View Post
I have magnetic ride control so I suppose there might be difference there. I really can't hear any difference with exhaust at all. I went automatic with this one though. I love the "performance shifting algorithm" and, while I can drive a manual just fine - I am not a professional in terms of speed shifting so this suits me better. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place in the manual.
The difference between Sport and Track:

- The shifting of the A8 will change and the gears will rev out a bit more in track, you will also notice more aggressive downshifts.
- The steering will tighten up and almost feel like your car is missing power steering (a bit exaggerated)
- MRC will also tighten up and you will feel the road a bit more
- In Track the dual mode exhaust will stay 100% open for longer, but will ultimately start to close once you get up to speed.

Also, welcome to the forums, and grats on your ride.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 10:41 PM   #5
6th Gen SS
LT-Won!

Drives: USB ISF 5.0
Congrats!
6th Gen SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 06:54 AM   #6
Waiting46

Drives: 1981 silver corvette,Hyper Blue 2SS
Front accent light color change is an after market mod
Waiting46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 08:28 AM   #7
xonos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting46 View Post
Front accent light color change is an after market mod
Awesome! Do you know a brand off hand by any chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6th Gen SS View Post
Congrats!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
The difference between Sport and Track:

- The shifting of the A8 will change and the gears will rev out a bit more in track, you will also notice more aggressive downshifts.
- The steering will tighten up and almost feel like your car is missing power steering (a bit exaggerated)
- MRC will also tighten up and you will feel the road a bit more
- In Track the dual mode exhaust will stay 100% open for longer, but will ultimately start to close once you get up to speed.

Also, welcome to the forums, and grats on your ride.
Oh man, that's awesome to hear and thank you. I will play with it a bit more. I just now hit 1k miles so I am still in the break-in period, sadly. Hey, I just watched one of your videos - specifically the one about the throttle mod. I am super curious about it. Given that some time has passed, how do you feel about it? Do you think it's worth it?

Additionally, have you done any work or looked behind the mylink head unit to see if there are any video input ports? I was wondering if there is a way to tap into it for use of a carputer (a secondary system that I'd build and install with a solidstate drive + Windows 10). Know of anyone with experience with mylink? I remember back in 2013, there was some work done with the Mylink API and Chevy was releasing a software dev. kit which I could definitely use. I'm a programmer by trade so I am really interested in this particular subject.

I appreciate the welcome to the forums though guys. Additionally, I'd like to extend an invitation to use me as a resource if you need any CNC'd parts made. Ofcourse you'd have to pay for materials but my brother and I made a relatively large CNC milling machine (2'x4'x3' [x,y,z]) and I can mill steel no problem. I have a wide array of specialty bits that I have acquired last summer. Here's a video of me milling out a Quadcopter (drone) frame using Lexan (Polycarbonate). The maximum dimensions that I can cut are 20" (length or width) x 42" (Length or Width) and the thickness/height depth limit that I can cut is around 12".

Last edited by xonos; 04-22-2016 at 08:46 AM.