Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - California

AWE Tuning

Old 06-20-2023, 03:39 PM   #29
1sickzl1

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTX View Post
What kind of ridicules process is this LOL. missing a call and they push you back 6 weeks and then the copy might post the ticket and might not so you have to go to court to waste your time.
Another reason to not go to Cali anytime soon.
Agreed. If my business wasn't here I'd certainly leave

RF intake, Soler TB & TC, ADM v2 reservoir, AWE Touring non-resonated catback exhaust.

535 whp, 537 tq. SAE Smoothing: 5. DynoJet.
No tune. 91 octane.
1sickzl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 01:36 PM   #30
clg82

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1
What a scam....this place sucks
Old 06-25-2023, 02:59 AM   #31
SFV1LE

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
What a scam....this place sucks
Yeah it's true CA sucks... unless you enjoy the best beaches and big wave surfing in the continental US, the most snow and some of the best skiing in the US, the most year round road course race tracks (for my ZLE) in the US, and a few other things like the Sierras, the redwood forests, Yosemite, Death Valley, etc. Except for all that and a lot of other things, it sucks :-) Because we're all commies I know, except for Silicon Valley, all the billionaires, every major tech co HQ, highest state GDP by far, 4th highest per capita income…

But as far as this story, one important aspect is that it happened in Long Beach, former hot rod and chopper mecca, where they've been cracking down for over 10 years, as well as all of Orange County. In Los Angeles and most of California the cops do not give a damn about your exhaust sound. There are not enough cops to stop people driving 80 mph on the city streets all day, and here in the valley where I live people have the loudest damn aftermarket exhausts on Hellcats, GT500s, AMGs, ZL1s, M3/4/5s, Aventadors, you name it blasting all day and night up and down Ventura Blvd past the cops and they DO NOTHING EVER. So the location this happened, Long Beach, is key... I know because it happened to me 2x too in LB and OC when I lived there for 7 years, and never happened anywhere else in CA. Yes we have the law, but it isn't enforced 99% of the time.

I also went to ref at Golden West like kropscamaro16 :-)

Last edited by SFV1LE; 06-25-2023 at 12:47 PM.
SFV1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 05:37 PM   #32
pbSS

Drives: 2023 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFV1LE View Post
Yeah it's true CA sucks... unless you enjoy the best beaches and big wave surfing in the continental US, the most snow and some of the best skiing in the US, the most year round road course race tracks (for my ZLE) in the US, and a few other things like the Sierras, the redwood forests, Yosemite, Death Valley, etc. Except for all that and a lot of other things, it sucks :-) Because we're all commies I know, except for Silicon Valley, all the billionaires, every major tech co HQ, highest state GDP by far, 4th highest per capita income…

But as far as this story, one important aspect is that it happened in Long Beach, former hot rod and chopper mecca, where they've been cracking down for over 10 years, as well as all of Orange County. In Los Angeles and most of California the cops do not give a damn about your exhaust sound. There are not enough cops to stop people driving 80 mph on the city streets all day, and here in the valley where I live people have the loudest damn aftermarket exhausts on Hellcats, GT500s, AMGs, ZL1s, M3/4/5s, Aventadors, you name it blasting all day and night up and down Ventura Blvd past the cops and they DO NOTHING EVER. So the location this happened, Long Beach, is key... I know because it happened to me 2x too in LB and OC when I lived there for 7 years, and never happened anywhere else in CA. Yes we have the law, but it isn't enforced 99% of the time.

What part of OC? I get the feeling it's stricter in areas like Garden Grove, Santa Ana, Anaheim etc. where's there is more of an "import" and street racing type crowd. Irvine maybe because everyone drives a Tesla and anything else sounds loud. I feel like the Anaheim Hills and Yorba Linda areas are "safe", there's so many loud a$$ lifted trucks and porsches and beamers. Same thing down in the beach cities.
pbSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 10:38 AM   #33
FRANK121

Drives: 2022 Camaro ZL1
How many freedoms are Californians going to lose before they wake up and stop voting BLUE
Never been Dynoed
FRANK121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 10:43 AM   #34
clg82

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFV1LE View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRANK121 View Post
How many freedoms are Californians going to lose before they wake up and stop voting BLUE
I get all of that ^^ that's why the wife and I chose to stay here after I got out of the military.....we've used that exact same logic to stay here the last 10+ years....leave the state WITH AN OPEN MIND and you'll find there are other places that don't try and control EVERY LITTLE THING YOU DO, that are just as enjoyable.....and cheaper.....and as beautiful....and without all the political BS....and....and....and....I could keep going and going....wifey and I went down to LA this past weekend looking to get away and enjoy a nice meal, sure there are other places nicer but hey we thought we'd give LA a try.....the place is an absolute cesspool.....dirty......homeless issues.....feces on the sidewalks....and we were in a "nice part"