Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Phastek Performance

Old 04-28-2016, 11:33 PM   #1
6LE Designs

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Recaro Style Seats for our 2016 Camaro SS...

Going to be another week before we can finish the brackets and the resistors (to get rid of dash lights) but couldn't resist posting a pic of the upholstered seats (well "seat" as the driver side was still in the shop)...

We purposefully chose the 1SS as we knew we planned to change most of what made it a 2SS and after riding in the horrible factory seats to AZ and back this moved up on our priority list lol.

We make these ourselves. They are modeled after the Recaro Z28 seats but without the heavy airbags, warmers, coolers, etc... We have them in F-Bodies and had them in our "ZL71 Silverado" last year at SEMA...

Thoughts? Hopefully they'll be a big improvement over the couches in the Camaro now lol....
6LE Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 11:35 PM   #2
6LE Designs

...and I just realized (looking at these pics) what we forgot to do on the seats... The frigging padding behind the area/stitching around the head rest lol!!!!

It had been a few months and I knew we were forgetting something, I can see it clearly now lmao!
Old 04-29-2016, 06:41 PM   #3
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
I wonder if the 5th Gen Recaro seats would fit!
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 09:55 PM   #4
6LE Designs

^^With modifications maybe... I can tell you 100% they would not just bolt right in as the floor mounts on the 6th Gen are different from the 5th Gen... any companies advertising 2010-2016 brackets are FOS... trust me we found out the hard way lol.
Old 04-30-2016, 02:25 AM   #5
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6LE Designs View Post
^^With modifications maybe... I can tell you 100% they would not just bolt right in as the floor mounts on the 6th Gen are different from the 5th Gen... any companies advertising 2010-2016 brackets are FOS... trust me we found out the hard way lol.
Ahhh thanks!! I like the 6th Gen Recaro's too! I just like the holes in the 5th Gen Recaro's!!
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 02:29 PM   #6
brick777

Drives: 1999 SS
Do they also fully recline ?

Quote:
Going to be another week before we can finish the brackets and the resistors (to get rid of dash lights) but couldn't resist posting a pic of the upholstered seats (well "seat" as the driver side was still in the shop)...

We purposefully chose the 1SS as we knew we planned to change most of what made it a 2SS and after riding in the horrible factory seats to AZ and back this moved up on our priority list lol.

We make these ourselves. They are modeled after the Recaro Z28 seats but without the heavy airbags, warmers, coolers, etc... We have them in F-Bodies and had them in our "ZL71 Silverado" last year at SEMA...

Thoughts? Hopefully they'll be a big improvement over the couches in the Camaro now lol....
Was just wondering…do these seats fully recline to a nearly flat position ? There are quite a few people on this site who are disappointed with chevy that they engineered the stock SS gen 6 seats to recline very little in range. Some people want/need their seat backs to fully recline to as close to flat as possible.
Also, perhaps the weight savings with your seat vs. the stock seats should be mentioned ? This should be a talking point in your in your ad regarding your seats. Could lead to inquiries ? Go to the issues/problems forum with the gen 6 and you'll see some of those complaints. Thanks

Last edited by brick777; 04-30-2016 at 02:32 PM. Reason: spelling error
brick777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 10:57 AM   #7
Aboynamedsue

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
These might be stupid questions, but 1) how easy is it to access the backseats with these seats installed, and 2) do these seats eat up any rear seat room?

I wouldn't care, but I my young son will have to sit behind me from time to time.
Aboynamedsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 05:17 PM   #8
6LE Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by brick777 View Post
Was just wondering…do these seats fully recline to a nearly flat position ? There are quite a few people on this site who are disappointed with chevy that they engineered the stock SS gen 6 seats to recline very little in range. Some people want/need their seat backs to fully recline to as close to flat as possible.
Also, perhaps the weight savings with your seat vs. the stock seats should be mentioned ? This should be a talking point in your in your ad regarding your seats. Could lead to inquiries ? Go to the issues/problems forum with the gen 6 and you'll see some of those complaints. Thanks
Great point! Thank you! Yes, these seats FULLY recline and that was one of the reasons we hated the stock seats as well...
Old 05-01-2016, 05:18 PM   #9
6LE Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aboynamedsue View Post
These might be stupid questions, but 1) how easy is it to access the backseats with these seats installed, and 2) do these seats eat up any rear seat room?

I wouldn't care, but I my young son will have to sit behind me from time to time.
They quick tilt forward so super easy and the fact they are not as bulky as the stock seats they actually clear up some room...
Old 05-01-2016, 06:22 PM   #10
Aboynamedsue

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
They quick tilt forward so super easy and the fact they are not as bulky as the stock seats they actually clear up some room...
Perfect...very excited about this!
Aboynamedsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 11:21 PM   #11
SSHULK

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS NPP
Very interested, will these come in red also?
SSHULK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 11:37 PM   #12
6LE Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSHULK View Post
Very interested, will these come in red also?
They will be completely customizable... I think a 4th Gen guy did red, I'll look for pics...
Old 05-02-2016, 03:34 AM   #13
6LE Designs

Old 05-03-2016, 12:38 AM   #14
SSHULK

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS NPP
wow those look great
SSHULK is offline   Reply With Quote