Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 12-04-2012, 08:24 AM   #15
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Immediatly DEMAND that they give you a brand new car built to your specs,and delivered to you with ZERO miles on it.

They are to allow YOU to unload it from the transport,and NO ONE ELSE is allowed to EVER touch it.

You also want free lifetime warranty AND maintenance on the ENTIRE car including all regular maintenance such as brakes/tires/oil changes for 10,000,000 miles.

You also want the idiot that had the nerve to drive your car fired on the spot,AND you're going to sue the dealership fo $20,000,000 for fraud.

HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:31 AM   #16
elainehod

Drives: 2012 camaro zl1
Hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
Immediatly DEMAND that they give you a brand new car built to your specs,and delivered to you with ZERO miles on it.

They are to allow YOU to unload it from the transport,and NO ONE ELSE is allowed to EVER touch it.

You also want free lifetime warranty AND maintenance on the ENTIRE car including all regular maintenance such as brakes/tires/oil changes for 10,000,000 miles.

You also want the idiot that had the nerve to drive your car fired on the spot,AND you're going to sue the dealership fo $20,000,000 for fraud.

I believe I detect that you think I am over reacting. Yes? Well, maybe I am, but we were so careful to drive it according to break in requirements, this was a bit of a shock. Sorry if I wasted your time.
elainehod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:42 AM   #17
Kvapil28

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ
Look at the top of your contract it has the exact miles on the car when you picked it up. Dealers should not drive the Z it's a special car and people don't want one with a bunch of miles on it.
Kvapil28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:42 AM   #18
babytiger
it's hers...

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible
In all seriousness, I would bet no less than 4 people drove your car before you did. The transport guy, the PDI tech, the lot porter and obviously the salesman/manager. The vehicle is definitely ok and there really is no recourse.
Don't dwell on it too long and let it ruin the fun.
babytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:45 AM   #19
SamHouseIII
I Carry!

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
GM sends you a dealer survey, express your concerns there

From Oklahoma, Join us on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/okcamaros/

SamHouseIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:47 AM   #20
Taser Deployed

Drives: 2012 Blk ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by elainehod View Post
I believe I detect that you think I am over reacting. Yes? Well, maybe I am, but we were so careful to drive it according to break in requirements, this was a bit of a shock. Sorry if I wasted your time.
You're not wasting anyone's time. You have to overlook some of the responses you get on here. If it really bother's you that much contact GM and report the Dealership or go talk to a sales manager to see what they can do for you. I would be pi**ed if it was my car so I can understand how you feel. I really think you're fine though because the car can take a lot of abuse and has been tested way past a spirited drive by a dealer.
Taser Deployed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:48 AM   #21
elainehod

It is there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvapil28 View Post
Look at the top of your contract it has the exact miles on the car when you picked it up. Dealers should not drive the Z it's a special car and people don't want one with a bunch of miles on it.
Yes, the miles are on the contract. I knew it when I bought it. I was just completely unaware it was driven the way he said he drove it. I guess I have to be more suspicious of everyone all the time. Not my real nature, so I am caught offguard often. Oh, well...
Old 12-04-2012, 08:52 AM   #22
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
I think you are over reacting, don't forget it's their car until you sign on the dotted line. Also there are people that send their cars off for modding right off the transport, so the whole break in thing is over rated and is more of a liability issue from GM.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:05 AM   #23
Taser Deployed

Drives: 2012 Blk ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
I think you are over reacting, don't forget it's their car until you sign on the dotted line. Also there are people that send their cars off for modding right off the transport, so the whole break in thing is over rated and is more of a liability issue from GM.
True but that doesn't mean dog the car until you sell it. I've never heard of a dealer modding a ZL1 and selling it new. Maybe an SS but not a ZL1 that I know of. I wonder if the OP would have asked about the miles if the dealership would have told him it was driven at 120 on the freeway?
Taser Deployed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:11 AM   #24
trewyn15

Drives: 2004 Monte Carlo LS
I don't know why you haven't done anything yet really..

Did you order the car or did you get it from the dealership because you saw it sitting there?

If you ordered it, there's no reason that the manager should have even touched it.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:26 AM   #25
elainehod

Just found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by trewyn15 View Post
I don't know why you haven't done anything yet really..

Did you order the car or did you get it from the dealership because you saw it sitting there?

If you ordered it, there's no reason that the manager should have even touched it.
I just found out about the dealer driving it the way he did three days ago. We bought it in late June. It was not ordered. We ordered one from another dealer, but it was so delayed, we were not to get a 2012, but a 2013. I checked online and put in a request with 4 local dealers to notify us if they got one into their dealership. I was called the next day and we went to look at it. It was there 4 days according to the salesman. We bought it on the spot. Cash. We have loved it ever since. We show it and have won something in every event, including Camarofest. My man calls it "The Bitch". What a magnificent piece of craftmanship. BTW, I call it "The Beast". More masculine than feminine...LOL
Old 12-04-2012, 09:37 AM   #26
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taser Deployed View Post
True but that doesn't mean dog the car until you sell it. I've never heard of a dealer modding a ZL1 and selling it new. Maybe an SS but not a ZL1 that I know of. I wonder if the OP would have asked about the miles if the dealership would have told him it was driven at 120 on the freeway?
I didn't mean the dealer doing the mods and selling it, rather the new owner doing the paper work then shipping it off for mods before even driving it the first time.

Also you would be surprised the amount of cars that are driven from the lot and sold as new. Growing up in Detroit back in the early 70's, I had a buddy who's family owned a Lincoln Mercury dealership. Just about every weekend we would go out partying in a new Lincoln Mark. As long as the car was returned in one piece it was a non issue.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:40 AM   #27
trewyn15

Drives: 2004 Monte Carlo LS
So did he drive it before you paid or after?

If it was after, then you have a case here, but if before, he was just being stupid, not much you can do about it.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:42 AM   #28
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by elainehod View Post
Yes I was being sarcastic. Too many people here go off the deep end everytime some little thing goes wrong.

As others have pointed out, GM should be sending you a dealer satisfaction survey. Express your concerns on it by all means.

Sit down with the dealership owner and express your concerns as well.

Did someone at the dealership take the car out for a test drive to see what it's like? Probably,wouldn't you like to?

Did he abuse the car when driving it? Maybe, maybe not so much.

Did he take it over the 80mph limit expressed in the break-in instructions? Sounds like it. Will exceeding 80mph a few times destroy the car? I doubt it very much.

This car was built and designed to be able to raced. Your car should be just fine.

Does any of this excuse what he did? Absolutly not.

As long as the car is still in fine shape, make sure your concerns are on record with the dealership for future reference , and go enjoy the car.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote