Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > International Regions > UK

Old 06-08-2011, 05:29 PM   #1
tortop45

Drives: 2ss
Thumbs up how does your steering feel !!!!

to all you 5th genaration camaro driver out there,change the front lower control arm bushes which are far to week for the job from new,i did coz my 2ss would tram line and feel like it was not connected all the time,did,nt feel safe.poly bushes is the way to go,now it feels great.:.
tortop45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 05:54 PM   #2
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
mine feels good? I'm having a really hard time understanding your post. I don't want to be a rude American, but I think it might be your english english thats throwing me off.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:42 PM   #3
tortop45

Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
mine feels good? I'm having a really hard time understanding your post. I don't want to be a rude American, but I think it might be your english english thats throwing me off.
ok,when i got my car with 16 miles on the clock from day 1 the steering just didn,t feel right,at about 60-80 mph it felt like it wanted to steer it self,like driving on a old road surface with ruts in it ,the tram inning efect,the steering just didn,t feel connect all the time,i was constantly ajusting the steering wheel,just couldn,t relax.I have read some posts about this feeling so i change the front lower control arm bushes to poly bushes made by pfadt which are gm approved parts and now it feels safe to drive and you can relax,a must for these 5 gen camaros. first i check the tyre pressure which was spot on.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:25 AM   #4
stray bullitt

Drives: Bentley Continental GT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tortop45 View Post
ok,when i got my car with 16 miles on the clock from day 1 the steering just didn,t feel right,at about 60-80 mph it felt like it wanted to steer it self,like driving on a old road surface with ruts in it ,the tram inning efect,the steering just didn,t feel connect all the time,i was constantly ajusting the steering wheel,just couldn,t relax.I have read some posts about this feeling so i change the front lower control arm bushes to poly bushes made by pfadt which are gm approved parts and now it feels safe to drive and you can relax,a must for these 5 gen camaros. first i check the tyre pressure which was spot on.
It's an inherent problem with the wider tyres we use on cars these days. I haven't found tramlining to be too much of a problem in the main, but there is an obvious pull to the left, as the car tries to follow the camber of the road. I have the V6 though which doesn't have such a firm ride as the V8 anyway, for which I'm grateful on some of our poorly maintained thoroughfares.
stray bullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:48 PM   #5
tortop45

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray bullitt View Post
It's an inherent problem with the wider tyres we use on cars these days. I haven't found tramlining to be too much of a problem in the main, but there is an obvious pull to the left, as the car tries to follow the camber of the road. I have the V6 though which doesn't have such a firm ride as the V8 anyway, for which I'm grateful on some of our poorly maintained thoroughfares.
Its not an inherent problem don,t full you self,i changed the front lower arm bushes ,this is not a car from the sixtys its 2012,you can make it so much better,trust me its the best mod you can do.