Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 02-12-2014, 06:11 PM   #71
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Here it is with the entire cabin moved back 3 inches. I put it in silver so it would be easier to see. Better? Worse? About the same?

Name:  2020 Camaro Concept 7a1.jpg
Views: 1396
Size:  50.9 KB
Name:  2020 Camaro Concept 7a2.jpg
Views: 1903
Size:  53.1 KB
Name:  2020 Camaro Concept 7a3.jpg
Views: 1772
Size:  48.8 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 06:27 PM   #72
jlcustomz

Drives: 83 el camaro
Think I like the cabin moved back better.
I'm liking the tail lights& rear shape, something more to the bottom (diffuser?) to clean up the tailpipe look should finish off the back nicely. Maybe round the cornors of the bumper itself just a little more. Designing sure is work, ain't it.
How bout a snorkel shaped opening in the center of the fascia to compliment the hood shape.
How bout removing the Hitler Mustache?? JUST KIDDING. With all the other stupid comments I thought it was my turn to say something stupid.
I do think it's starting to look pretty damn good now , as to what could be a future Camaro. Taking on a more muscular flowing look. The fascia still needs work, Perhaps another step in the shape of the lower fascia & maybe a slim lower grille only, no upper grille.

Last edited by jlcustomz; 02-12-2014 at 06:49 PM.
jlcustomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 06:43 PM   #73
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
I like that last side profile MUCH better!
Old 02-12-2014, 06:56 PM   #74
CamaroTom

Drives: 1/70 2013 BRM 2SS RS 1LE NPP NAV
The first attempt looks like a testarossa from '89. 2020? No way.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:50 AM   #75
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEMayhem View Post
The first attempt looks like a testarossa from '89. 2020? No way.
So you REALLY think these two are just SO CLOSE in appearance that there's NO WAY anyone would want a car that has a back that reminds YOU of a car that's worth 6 times the price of a Camaro....

Views: 1589
Name:  81597_Rear_3-4_Web.jpg
Views: 1996
Size:  73.8 KB

What's wrong with the Camaro community? Why are they so fixated on this "Let's see what car from the past this MIGHT remind me of" game?? I don't get this.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 02-13-2014, 10:57 AM   #76
Brettzel

Drives: #null
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
So you REALLY think these two are just SO CLOSE in appearance that there's NO WAY anyone would want a car that has a back that reminds YOU of a car that's worth 6 times the price of a Camaro....

What's wrong with the Camaro community? Why are they so fixated on this "Let's see what car from the past this MIGHT remind me of" game?? I don't get this.
Wow.

"Anyone who tells me a good car is one that is light with high power to weight ratio is an amateur." - Kazutoshi Mizuno

Brettzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 11:04 AM   #77
Brettzel

Get over the fact that people who are in the Camaro community would like to have a future Camaro look like a Camaro. You dont just design a car in a line of evolution, and have it look completely different than its predecessors.

"Anyone who tells me a good car is one that is light with high power to weight ratio is an amateur." - Kazutoshi Mizuno

Old 02-13-2014, 11:17 AM   #78
stt816

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS M6
doc i know you put major work into this project but to tell you the truth every camaro you designed looks really outdated....it would never go in production whether you like it or not...that being said i do appreciate your work

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=337367
this is what people are looking for/will be closer to the camaro 6th gen guaranteed
stt816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 12:00 PM   #79
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettzel View Post
Wow.
Quote:
Get over the fact that people who are in the Camaro community would like to have a future Camaro look like a Camaro. You dont just design a car in a line of evolution, and have it look completely different than its predecessors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stt816 View Post
doc i know you put major work into this project but to tell you the truth every camaro you designed looks really outdated....it would never go in production whether you like it or not...that being said i do appreciate your work

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=337367
this is what people are looking for/will be closer to the camaro 6th gen guaranteed
I don't like that thing. It's gimmicky. I would never buy a car that looks like that. If that's what "people are looking for" then that makes me sad. If that's the direction Camaro design is going, I won't be buying any future Camaros.

Do you guys realize what you're saying? "It looks outdated" yet you want it to look like a Camaro....all of which are from the past.... wow indeed. You want an evolution; something different but it can't look different from the past.

So what happened here?

Name:  1969-chevrolet-camaro-02-03.jpg
Views: 1720
Size:  189.6 KB
Name:  carbox-1970-camaro-3552.jpg
Views: 3312
Size:  140.8 KB

How did the 1970 Camaro get to be accepted as a Camaro when it didn't look anything like it's predecessor??

I believe there IS room for change if it's good, but that's the trick...it has to be a good change.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 02-13-2014, 12:21 PM   #80
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Here's the back of the car you think is what people want:

Name:  user11109_pic117726_1392312374.jpg
Views: 4406
Size:  96.3 KB

Here's the back of a 1969 Camaro:

Name:  1969 Camaro back.jpg
Views: 1487
Size:  19.2 KB

Here's the back of my concept:

Views: 1767

Now tell me again which one "looks like a Camaro".

I'm starting to think the "Camaro community" doesn't really know what it wants other than there are some who want a robot toy car with some Camaro elements stuck onto it so it can be called a Camaro.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 02-13-2014, 12:29 PM   #81
Brettzel

For the second gen of a car, there is no evolution I follow, so I don't know what to tell you! And I never said that rear render is what I liked... Honestly I like it a lil, but not as a Camaro.

Old 02-13-2014, 12:31 PM   #82
Brettzel

And yeah, let us insult the taste and desires of the Camaro community to make up for our design being disliked. Easy fix, right? You have some skills, and are going places, but you are not designing a Camaro in these renders... I'm sorry, but it is true. Would it be an acceptable show for a car, yes, but an accurate representation of the evolution of the Camaro? No

Old 02-13-2014, 12:37 PM   #83
Brettzel

Just a quick note.. Your render looks no more or less like a Camaro than brunogadget's...

Old 02-13-2014, 04:32 PM   #84
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
For the second gen of a car, there is no evolution I follow, so I don't know what to tell you! And I never said that rear render is what I liked... Honestly I like it a lil, but not as a Camaro.
Well we're heading to a second generation of the 5th gen so there wouldn't necessarily be an evolution? Not sure what point you were making then.

Quote:
And yeah, let us insult the taste and desires of the Camaro community to make up for our design being disliked. Easy fix, right? You have some skills, and are going places, but you are not designing a Camaro in these renders... I'm sorry, but it is true. Would it be an acceptable show for a car, yes, but an accurate representation of the evolution of the Camaro? No
When you say things like wow and get over it, those are terms that come across as condescending contempt which of course is insulting. I responded to your challenge with images to show that the back of the concept car I'd posted did in fact look much more like the back of a 1969 Camaro than it was being given credit for.

I'm not insulting the "taste and desires of the Camaro community" because I don't believe the entire Camaro community necessarily wants the same thing. Some want the robot toy car look and some don't. There are no easy fixes here; I'm not seeing anything easy about ANY changes to the 5th gen. It's a challenge I'm wrestling with on each concept version I'm creating. It's like a Catch 22. People say they want a new car to look like a Camaro, but if you make it look like a Camaro from the past they complain it looks "dated". If you give them something new, they complain it doesn't look like a Camaro. If you ask them what they want they don't know; they have no answers. Believe me, I have nothing but the utmost sympathy and respect for what the Camaro design team must be going through.

Quote:
Just a quick note.. Your render looks no more or less like a Camaro than brunogadget's...
Just another quick note; it absolutely looks much more like the back of the 1969 Camaro and you know it. I'm not sure why you felt you couldn't acknowledge that.

If enough of the "Camaro community" wants the robot toy car look then I'm sure GM will give that to them. They're in business to make money so they'd have to. Maybe it's time to come up with a new car line, one that's not expensive like the Corvette, not a robot toy car like the "Camaro community" apparently wants, but something sleek, elegant, classy, clean, sporty and ranges from $18,990 to $28,990 tops. Doesn't need a lot of high-tech; keep the costs down so it's reasonably affordable but looks good. With performance Camaros being in the $40k-$75k range that's the territory vettes used to occupy and while that's nice for those that can afford it, it's shutting out the entry-level crowd.

Perhaps it's time for a new entry-level sports/pony car that uses 4 and 6 cylinder engines, gets great mileage, doesn't quite have the power of the Camaro and Corvette, but then it doesn't have the price tag either. Something a new buyer, young buyer, entry-level buyer could afford. Maybe I'll work on a concept for something like that since I apparently don't want what the "Camaro community" wants which is why I'm not thinking of designs that fit.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM