Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-12-2015, 04:23 PM   #1
08z51c6

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS - A8, MRC, NPP
Traded C6 Z06 on 16 Camaro SS

Traded my Z06 in today on a 16 Camaro SS. Did Truecar pricing but the dealer beat it and gave me supplier pricing without me even asking. Can't argue with that!!!

I ordered a Nightfall Grey, 1SS, black interior, A8 trans, MRC, NPP exhaust, Black Bow ties, and bright split spoke wheels. Car is estimated to be here by the end of Jan or middle of Feb.

Planned first set of mods are to get rid of that fugly rear spoiler with something like the RS rear spoiler, GM's CAI, front grill, and wider tires. Can't really do much larger than a 255 up front and 285 in the rear. Why GM decided to go with such skinny tires on a car that makes 455hp I'll never understand.

Any way now the waiting begins .........
08z51c6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 06:03 PM   #2
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Congratz!
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 07:29 PM   #3
1sspat
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2016 2SS, 6SP, NPP, MRC, NAV
C6 Z06 to a 1SS. Strong move. What was your reasoning if you don't mind me asking?
Old 12-12-2015, 07:33 PM   #4
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Sounds like a good one. I'm really hoping that the SS duckbill spoiler coming out next year is a direct replacement for the current spoiler and covers the holes.
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 07:50 PM   #5
bybcous

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS
Hi you can put in a special request to have the 1lt spoiler decklid installed on your car and purchase the blade spoiler that chevy currently offers in there build sheet.

* i have no idea how to do this special request but gm engineers and reps told us this on the findnewroads tour. And i plan to run wider rims with 285 up front and 305 out back
Best so far 11.5 at 123 with a 1.83 60ft. BMR lower and upper trailing arms and upper control arms,E85
DELIVERED 12/29/15
http://youtube.com/bybcous " no talking only racing on my youtube"
bybcous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 07:59 PM   #6
08z51c6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sspat View Post
C6 Z06 to a 1SS. Strong move. What was your reasoning if you don't mind me asking?

A couple of reasons actually but the main one being the tendency for the LS7 to cough up valves. Google LS7 valve failure and you will see what I mean. To make the car reliable I would have had to pay thousands of dollars on a new set of heads. Getting the stock heads machined doesn't work as I've seen cases where the repaired heads failed too. My cars warranty expired so any repairs I have to pay for.

Second was financial. By trading my car in I got the new Camaro and a nice check to deposit in my savings account instead of pulling money out to pay for heads for the Z06.
Old 12-12-2015, 08:02 PM   #7
08z51c6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bybcous View Post
Hi you can put in a special request to have the 1lt spoiler decklid installed on your car and purchase the blade spoiler that chevy currently offers in there build sheet.

* i have no idea how to do this special request but gm engineers and reps told us this on the findnewroads tour. And i plan to run wider rims with 285 up front and 305 out back
My salesman is checking to see if the RS spoiler will even fit the SS. If not my second option is the GM accessory spoiler. Either way I'm sure some vendor will make an RS style spoiler for the SS.
Old 12-13-2015, 11:16 AM   #8
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
You won't regret it. What zo6 did you have btw? 1LT or 2LT or 3LT? If you are going from at least 2LT to 1SS you might be a bit sad. But 1LT to 1SS you would be fine. Also, wait for the bladespoiler to officially be announced. Most likely it will require you to grab the LT decklid as that's the work going around via Find New Roads crew and all but I personally am going to wait till Chevy officially gives the info out. Not that I don't trust bybcous but because time between FindNewRoads event and now has passed and things do change lol.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 11:23 AM   #9
sgrinavi

Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 GTS / 2014 BMW X1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08z51c6 View Post
A couple of reasons actually but the main one being the tendency for the LS7 to cough up valves. Google LS7 valve failure and you will see what I mean. To make the car reliable I would have had to pay thousands of dollars on a new set of heads. Getting the stock heads machined doesn't work as I've seen cases where the repaired heads failed too. My cars warranty expired so any repairs I have to pay for.

Second was financial. By trading my car in I got the new Camaro and a nice check to deposit in my savings account instead of pulling money out to pay for heads for the Z06.
What year was your Z06? they pretty much fixed that valve problem in the LS7 on the 2012 MY. Also, that is considered a latent defect, not a warranty item, GM would probably have covered you if you did have a valve failure.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think you can go wrong with the Gen 6 SS - especially if you're not tracking the car.
sgrinavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 11:25 AM   #10
Mike502

Drives: 2016 C7 conv 7 speed. Black/black
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08z51c6 View Post

Isn't there a class action law suit about the very thing . I know it scared me away.
Old 12-13-2015, 12:11 PM   #11
08z51c6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post
You won't regret it. What zo6 did you have btw? 1LT or 2LT or 3LT? If you are going from at least 2LT to 1SS you might be a bit sad. But 1LT to 1SS you would be fine. Also, wait for the bladespoiler to officially be announced. Most likely it will require you to grab the LT decklid as that's the work going around via Find New Roads crew and all but I personally am going to wait till Chevy officially gives the info out. Not that I don't trust bybcous but because time between FindNewRoads event and now has passed and things do change lol.
My Z06 was a 2LZ but I don't think the change to a 1SS will bother me. My dealer is checking to see if we can get the RS spoiler on my car. Should be interesting.
Old 12-13-2015, 12:14 PM   #12
08z51c6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrinavi View Post
What year was your Z06? they pretty much fixed that valve problem in the LS7 on the 2012 MY. Also, that is considered a latent defect, not a warranty item, GM would probably have covered you if you did have a valve failure.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think you can go wrong with the Gen 6 SS - especially if you're not tracking the car.
I had a 2009 Z06 which was one of the years identified with having the defective heads. My car was tuned so no way GM would cover my car in the event of a failure.
Old 12-13-2015, 12:21 PM   #13
08z51c6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike502 View Post
Isn't there a class action law suit about the very thing . I know it scared me away.
Yes there is but I don't see it going any where. The Z06 is an incredible machine and brutally fast but it has issues with the heads up to about 2011. Since my car was tuned and warranty expired I was faced with spending thousands of dollars for new heads to make it reliable.

I'm sure once the SS gets here things will be cool again. I plan to drive this car a lot and enjoy the hell out of it. My mod list is growing every day and the car isn't even here yet.
Old 12-13-2015, 12:28 PM   #14
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Traded C6 Z06 on 16 Camaro SS
Traded my Z06 in today on a 16 Camaro SS. Did Truecar pricing but the dealer beat it and gave me supplier pricing without me even asking. Can't argue with that!!!

I ordered a Nightfall Grey, 1SS, black interior, A8 trans, MRC, NPP exhaust, Black Bow ties, and bright split spoke wheels. Car is estimated to be here by the end of Jan or middle of Feb.

Planned first set of mods are to get rid of that fugly rear spoiler with something like the RS rear spoiler, GM's CAI, front grill, and wider tires. Can't really do much larger than a 255 up front and 285 in the rear. Why GM decided to go with such skinny tires on a car that makes 455hp I'll never understand.

Any way now the waiting begins .........

I am a little surprised that you did not go with a C7 Vette but the new Camaro is a great car. I think that by the time your car arrives we might know more about the ZL1 - Z28 - 1LE that are coming. These should have wider tires. Pictures of these cars testing show that they are using ZL1/1LE rims and wider tires. Best of luck with your new car, you picked a great set of options.