#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-17-2017, 11:20 AM   #29
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
Maybe the same reason people bought more 5th gen 2SS 1LEs than 1SS 1LEs. The same price gap was there on that car vs the 5th gen ZL1.
I would agree except for the differences this time around. Particularly the differences between a 1SS and a 1SS 1LE. Recaros, HUD, what else do you really need? Again, at least it is an option. I just don't think a lot will be sold.
Old 10-17-2017, 11:22 AM   #30
ST1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmcss View Post
That comment is subjective. Objectively if I had an extra 15K I would!

Some people (Myself Included) cannot afford a ZL1 (Would love to!) and the Insurance price because of the charger... So a 2SS 1LE is perfect.

Plus I am an Open Road Racer. Superchargers are terrible when it comes to Open Road Racing.
Many friends have switched from the Z06's to Grand Sports because of that. So there is a nitch market for them. And I don't care for Line Lock.

I will daily drive the 2SS 1LE all year round in Kansas City... (So, I am 1 of 20).
Track: 10 - 14 times per year.
Open Road Race: 4 times per year.

I love the 1SS 1LE but it needed few things added for me to sell the concept to the family:
Blind Zone Alert (Wish I had this on my 5th Gen)
Bose Audio (Nice to have)
Dual Zone Climate (Awesome feature)
Heated/Ventilated Seats (Heated is needed in Kansas. Cooled don't care, still nice to have in Kansas)
Heated Steering (Love to have this in Kansas)
Seat/Mirror Memory Package (Since Wifey will want to drive it too)
NAV - Don't care for but it is an optional add on just like the PDR
Interior Spectrum lighting (Don't care for but it comes with)
Wireless charging (Don't care for but comes with)
Universal Home Remote
Rear Park Assist (the sensors not the camera)
Auto-dimming Mirrors
Rear Cross Traffic Alert

TBH I wanted a 2SS... 'till the 1LE was released.
My racing side wanted the ELSD, 6 Piston Brakes, Recaro's, FE4 Suspension.
The 2SS 1LE solves it. I can sell this idea to the wife.

The weight difference is so minimal that tracking or open road will not be effected.
Pricing in my area (Kansas City)
1SS 1LE - $46K
2SS 1LE - $49K (According to the dealer I am working with and the deal I am getting). That jump I can make.
Not $64K like a ZL1... (They have one on the lot.)

They don't have to mark up the 2SS 1LE because everyone that wanted a 1LE got a 1SS 1LE
They are still marking up ZL1 around here...

Thanks for your reply. I completely understand. I am even more glad now they offer it. Enjoy your car when it arrives man!!
Old 10-17-2017, 11:28 AM   #31
ST1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2K+1LE View Post
Because not everyone wants or needs the extra power, and not everyone likes superchargers, and some of us want to modify to reach our goals without having to remove the aforementioned supercharger.

So just a couple of valid reasons, hope that helps you understand better!
None of that has anything to do with a 2SS, but yeah I do understand better now.

I mean, dont get me wrong. I drive a M3 so I know how nice a loaded sports car is. I just think the 1SS 1LE is such a great package in the 6th Gen.

My comment was a lot less geared towards WHY a 2SS 1LE, and more geared towards WHY NOT a 1SS 1LE if that makes sense. I also had a 2SS 1LE in 5th Gen form, so trust me it isn't that I have issue with the 2SS version this time around.
Old 10-18-2017, 12:28 AM   #32
S2K+1LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 17 SS 1LE | 07 S2K
Well, the ability to use the heated and cooled seats would be nice. BSM is something I really miss when I’m driving this car vs my other cars. I wouldn’t hate homelink either... most of the rest I don’t care much about to be honest.

I just want what I want, maybe not what everyone else wants. I’d love to be able to pick options ala carte and build it exactly how I want, but I don’t have a new Porsche budget lol
S2K+1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 06:23 AM   #33
ST1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2K+1LE View Post
Well, the ability to use the heated and cooled seats would be nice. BSM is something I really miss when I’m driving this car vs my other cars. I wouldn’t hate homelink either... most of the rest I don’t care much about to be honest.

I just want what I want, maybe not what everyone else wants. I’d love to be able to pick options ala carte and build it exactly how I want, but I don’t have a new Porsche budget lol
HAHAHAHA....yeah I don't think may of us do, but I sure wish I could afford a new 911. Chevy has done a decent job of offering many different models from 4 cylinders to V6 1LE's to ZL1's, you can certainly find something that ticks enough boxes.

I think in a year or 2 I could even be interested in a used 2SS 1LE, once the price drops to the high 30's I think I could get on board myself. Lord knows I miss that down low grunt of the LT/LS engines. Cheers, and enjoy the car when it arrives!
Old 10-18-2017, 09:10 AM   #34
ST1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaHarmon View Post
well who knows
okay.............
Old 10-18-2017, 12:01 PM   #35
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaHarmon View Post
well who knows
I'm sure someone does, they just aren't telling you yet.
Boost Creep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 03:44 PM   #36
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
Not the whole car, just the 1LE package since the 2SS comes standard with some of the items that the 1SS gets with the 1LE option.
Come to think of it, technically it should have been cheaper...as the 2SS already comes with a leather back seat and HUD. But that may have been a pain for GM to have the same package be a different price on two similar trims?