Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-17-2017, 03:26 PM   #1
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Slightly scuffed my front bumper - accidently parked to close against a wall :(

Yeah, I feel like a moron, I didnt have alot of room behind me and wanted to make sure my car was fully in the space and I came up..alittle too close and the bumper met the cement and mildly scuffed the paint.

None of it chipped.. Do you think I can buff this out and if so, what do you recommend using?

Edit: You can really barely see it, in the first photo its a slight scuff between the crease on the nose.. On the second photo its a small spiderweb line that runs along the bumper.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 06:35 PM   #2
Krowser

Drives: ZL1 Mosaic Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Yeah, I feel like a moron, I didnt have alot of room behind me and wanted to make sure my car was fully in the space and I came up..alittle too close and the bumper met the cement and mildly scuffed the paint.

None of it chipped.. Do you think I can buff this out and if so, what do you recommend using?

Edit: You can really barely see it, in the first photo its a slight scuff between the crease on the nose.. On the second photo its a small spiderweb line that runs along the bumper.
wash car completely by hand

each step should be performed by hand

1. rubbing compound on whole front bumper- make sure it has been evened out
2. polish whole bumper
3. polymer wax x4 whole bumper
Krowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 07:30 PM   #3
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Use caution when using compound on edges of the bumper. Paint is always thinner in these areas, and if you get too aggressive, you can easily go through it.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 08:40 PM   #4
Cobaltct

Drives: 2018 camaro ZL1 in Nightfall Grey
Before you polish or wax be sure to use a clay bar or nano skin mitt to decontamin the paint.
Cobaltct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 07:05 AM   #5
whiskeyfed
Pat

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT I4 Turbo A8
Try using some finishing polish. This has gotten some very light scratches and scuffs out for me. I just did the spot of need, not the whole panel. I have a coating now so I don't use it anymore but see if that works for you. I use REVIVE by Sudzbox, great stuff. Start with a clay bar, then move to maybe a nanoskin as i think i read above, then move to abrasives. I wouldn't start with a rubbing compound. Start small.

Subscribe on YouTube Whiskeyfed Camaro

Follow my Build Thread The WhiskeyFed Camaro

Current Modifications: JacFab Boost-O-Lator, Injen Evolution CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM 3" Charge Pipe, Mishimoto Oil Filtration/Coolant Systems, R1 Concepts Brakes Package, Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, PTP Lava Exhaust Wrap & Turbo Blanket

DYNO SHEET: 297whp / 374wtq
Tuned by #danytechtuning
whiskeyfed is offline   Reply With Quote