#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

AWE Tuning

Old 10-18-2017, 08:18 AM   #15
TheRedhead

Drives: 2018 Red Hot ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric SS View Post
Damn Belly Shaken. He's easy to blame. Leave it to the Ford guy.
I blame Colt mostly. He's better at working on Fords anyway.

Built!
TheRedhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 08:29 AM   #16
Atomic Ed

Drives: 2001 Audi TT, 2016 Camaro
Gents, by no means am I a suspension guru. But I will throw out here that if you still have your MRC shocks, you might want to give the DSC controller a try. The controller does allow for changing the shock settings on the fly. The launch control feature lets me set the shocks as firm or soft as I see fit at the dig and change the setting as acceleration and or speed changes.

Even as an amateur, I can tell the difference.
Atomic Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 08:49 AM   #17
BMR Suspension

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Ed View Post
Gents, by no means am I a suspension guru. But I will throw out here that if you still have your MRC shocks, you might want to give the DSC controller a try. The controller does allow for changing the shock settings on the fly. The launch control feature lets me set the shocks as firm or soft as I see fit at the dig and change the setting as acceleration and or speed changes.

Even as an amateur, I can tell the difference.
While I will agree with you that the DSC controller will certainly help, the MRC shocks are simply not at the level of the type of double adjustable race -style shock that is really needed to control the type of power this car makes. It would be perfect for 10-second or even many 9-second cars, but the amount of power being applied, plus the torque multiplication from such low gear ratios requires a very specialized shock to handle this.
BMR Suspension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 09:53 AM   #18
Atomic Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Suspension View Post
While I will agree with you that the DSC controller will certainly help, the MRC shocks are simply not at the level of the type of double adjustable race -style shock that is really needed to control the type of power this car makes. It would be perfect for 10-second or even many 9-second cars, but the amount of power being applied, plus the torque multiplication from such low gear ratios requires a very specialized shock to handle this.
I can picture that. There are design limit to these shocks. Most of us can't even imagine an 8 sec ride. Even 9 sec. would be brutal and challenge a number of components.

But for us mere mortals, the DSC controller seems to be a simple way to improve hole shots. With my E-force supercharger, I was having problems with wheel hop. Dialing in a 15% firmer setting at launch reduced most of the wheel hop and improved my 0-60 time by roughly 0.1 sec. At least that's what my built in timer tells me.

But you folks are in a different class of problems than mine. I still have a lot to learn when it comes to suspension.

Thanks for your feedback.
Old 10-18-2017, 10:11 AM   #19
BMR Suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Ed View Post
I can picture that. There are design limit to these shocks. Most of us can't even imagine an 8 sec ride. Even 9 sec. would be brutal and challenge a number of components.

But for us mere mortals, the DSC controller seems to be a simple way to improve hole shots. With my E-force supercharger, I was having problems with wheel hop. Dialing in a 15% firmer setting at launch reduced most of the wheel hop and improved my 0-60 time by roughly 0.1 sec. At least that's what my built in timer tells me.

But you folks are in a different class of problems than mine. I still have a lot to learn when it comes to suspension.

Thanks for your feedback.
Yesh the DSC controller is perfect for that situation! I'm glad to hear it helped you that much. I was curious about how the MRC would fare with some adjustments.

Yeah that was kind of my point, the Fireball car is sort of in its own league at this point. Performance wise, it's more race car like than street car like, although it 100% streetable in the 8-second trim.

I would be curious to see how much adjustability there is with the DSC and where the limit of the MRC shocks are.
Old 10-18-2017, 11:03 AM   #20
Ecchi667

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, 6spd M
Quote:
Yesh the DSC controller is perfect for that situation! I'm glad to hear it helped you that much. I was curious about how the MRC would fare with some adjustments.

Yeah that was kind of my point, the Fireball car is sort of in its own league at this point. Performance wise, it's more race car like than street car like, although it 100% streetable in the 8-second trim.

I would be curious to see how much adjustability there is with the DSC and where the limit of the MRC shocks are.
Slightly off-topic, but speaking of race cars - do you know if anybody is drifting with a 6th Gen? Or is that frowned upon in the Chevy world? My 2SS feels quite at home sideways, but I don't recall seeing any competing. Can't be too difficult to put a hydraulic handbrake in there I wouldn't imagine.
Ecchi667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 11:38 AM   #21
BMR Suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecchi667 View Post
Slightly off-topic, but speaking of race cars - do you know if anybody is drifting with a 6th Gen? Or is that frowned upon in the Chevy world? My 2SS feels quite at home sideways, but I don't recall seeing any competing. Can't be too difficult to put a hydraulic handbrake in there I wouldn't imagine.
Not that we are aware of. I would be excited to see a sixth gen drift car though!
Old 10-18-2017, 04:46 PM   #22
Atomic Ed

Quote:

I'll PM you.
Old 10-19-2017, 07:00 AM   #23
Ecchi667

Quote:
Not that we are aware of. I would be excited to see a sixth gen drift car though!
Well, I'm available and willing if I have sponsors picking up the bill
Old 10-19-2017, 08:32 AM   #24
BMR Suspension

Quote:
Well, I'm available and willing if I have sponsors picking up the bill
I am a big fan a drifting but unfortunately, no one else here really is. We sponsored a fifth gen a couple of years ago and everyone says it as a waste. We don't normally do sponsorships anyway...
Old 10-19-2017, 09:15 AM   #25
Ecchi667

Quote:
I am a big fan a drifting but unfortunately, no one else here really is. We sponsored a fifth gen a couple of years ago and everyone says it as a waste. We don't normally do sponsorships anyway...
A fun sport for sure! I was mostly joking about sponsorship - I don't expect anything for free. However, I'm sure I'll be loading up on BMR parts next year if/when money is more expendable.
Old 10-19-2017, 09:22 AM   #26
BMR Suspension

Quote:
A fun sport for sure! I was mostly joking about sponsorship - I don't expect anything for free. However, I'm sure I'll be loading up on BMR parts next year if/when money is more expendable.
Well his us up before you buy anything. A lot of time we have coupon codes and small discounts available.
Old 10-19-2017, 09:32 AM   #27
Ecchi667

Quote:
Well his us up before you buy anything. A lot of time we have coupon codes and small discounts available.
Awesome, will do! Thanks!