Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-13-2017, 05:40 PM   #29
Christian_smith94

Drives: 2016 Black 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyHill View Post
Thanks for the info and good luck with a positive resolution. What tires do you run?

I wonder if we could source upgraded bolts?
On the car at the moment re BFGoodrich all season tires. The dealer is the one that ordered and placed them on the car. They put a 305/35/20 on the rears. Which isn't stock so I'm unsure of WHY they would put them on there to begin with...

That would be pretty solid but as of now waiting on a verdict from corporate. I contacted Al Oppenheiser as well and he's trying to help me along at the moment as well.
Christian_smith94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 05:42 PM   #30
Christian_smith94

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJay74 View Post
Sorry man, but I can see GM doing this and completely understand why. The car wasn't built for burn outs, heck GM does everything they can to try and limit burnout abuse on the vehicles for this very reason.

You have a almost $50k car and yet you are driving it how I would expect some pimple face teenage in his first car. No track car goes around the course doing burnouts, that is not what the track warranty coverage was added to cover.

So sorry man, I can totally see this being on your dime, now GM doesn't want to take a chance on your vehicle as they know you will abuse it. Sad thing is this is going to hurt the resale of this car if you ever sell it while it should be under the OEM warranty period.
There ARE 2 types of tracks, and let's be honest for a moment here and admit that you want your tires warmed up for a drag run as to avoid wheels spin/hop. And from what I read multiple times, they said drag AND road courses... soooo yes, the car SHOULD be able to manage a simple burnout. Thanks.
Old 05-13-2017, 05:44 PM   #31
Christian_smith94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub View Post
Its amazing to me that a burnout would cause more stress than launch control, which the car is designed to do, unless perhaps you were getting wheel hop during the burnout or something.. were you?!

Sorry to hear about your issues. The repair is probably straightforward, can you order the parts and go to a local shop? Youll save a lot on labor charges.
Not that I noticed nope. And it's a really simple job, that's not the issue at all. I could do it, and the part on thatgmguys website or whatever it is is only like $182. I just don't feel that I should be the one paying for it. I have an open case and now Al Oppenheiser involved helping me out. Should be resolved in a matter of the next few days. Hopefully Tuesday the latest..
Old 05-13-2017, 05:46 PM   #32
Christian_smith94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Absolutely correct.......so will a competent lawyer.....
Not when there's documentation stating that they'll stand by abuse to the car. I've got corporate involved, the chief engineer, quality managers, and an attorney. I'll be surprised if they don't honor my sh!t at this point now.
Old 05-13-2017, 05:48 PM   #33
Christian_smith94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepp View Post
I don't see how they can say it's abuse and deny the claim. The car was built for drag racing and road courses. At the Drag strip, you would be doing a burnout. They even said that they built this car for the track and that they would not deny warranty claims for abuse or racing the vehicle. I would make some noise with Chevy corporate. If my car breaks at the track, I expect them to warranty it. Those bolts shouldn't have sheared, there is some other issue here.
Precisely my point. Trust me, I'm making some noise, I've got a lot of people involved at this point. Corporate, Al Oppenheiser himself even, he's involved quality managers himself, and my lemon law attorney (Seeing as it qualified to become a lemon prior to this issue at hand)
Old 05-13-2017, 05:49 PM   #34
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian_smith94 View Post
Not when there's documentation stating that they'll stand by abuse to the car. I've got corporate involved, the chief engineer, quality managers, and an attorney. I'll be surprised if they don't honor my sh!t at this point now.
Good luck, hope you turn it around. Check with your lawyer , I think he'll tell you to stay off social media from now on , now that you're going to get into it.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 05:50 PM   #35
Christian_smith94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techn9cian805 View Post
And then Chevy will request documented proof such as a receipt or time slip from a real track... you cant win.
Like I said, I've tracked it, but I won't lie and say it happened while at the track. I'll stay honest with the events. No reason to lie. If it can handle the track it can handle the street. Or should be able to ya know?
Old 05-13-2017, 05:51 PM   #36
Christian_smith94

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyRules View Post
Where did GM say they would cover abuse? Yeah they will cover the car when tracked and 100% stock, but I highly doubt they will cover abuse.
So you mean to tell me that if I'm at the track, that's NOT abuse? Gotcha, makes a ton of sense lol. Did you really think before you posted that? You REALLY think I could beat on my car more on a public road than a closed road course??? Use your head please.
Old 05-13-2017, 05:55 PM   #37
Christian_smith94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowblind View Post
Sucks you are having issues.

It appears that you have aftermarket wheels with wider tires on the back now ?
The wheels themselves are a half inch wider yes, the tires on them WERE the same size prior to needing a replacement set which I had done at A GM certified dealer (Documentation available) where THEY decided to order a 305 instead of a 275. Which not only caused problems with my axles, but I also had to remove the wheel and repair the stabilitrak harness because the tire chewed through the wheel well!
Old 05-13-2017, 05:56 PM   #38
Christian_smith94

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro5 View Post
Doesn't cost anything to try the BBB. Burden of proof is on GM.

Rubber on wheel is documented abuse? Poppycock.

Burn outs not allowed - Hogwash.

Make sure they void the warranty on this ZL1 shown on the Chevrolet website:

Then we'll prepare the false advertising case

http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro-zl1

----------------------------

Here's a GM owned ZL1:

Jay Leno Gives Brad Paisley a Burnout Tutorial in the 2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL-1 - Jay Leno's Garage

Voided the warranty on this ZL1? No.

Skip to 2:50 to see a warranty-voiding burnout.

This post has just made my day, let's find out if those warranties got voided and prep up a nice false advertisement case as you exclaimed haha. I'm behind that movement for sure!
Old 05-13-2017, 05:57 PM   #39
Christian_smith94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Good luck, hope you turn it around. Check with your lawyer , I think he'll tell you to stay off social media from now on , now that you're going to get into it.
Would you classify this as social media as well? If so I'll leave this here strictly to keep the community updated. I haven't posted anything on my personal facebook. And only a post on a 6th gen page on FB about how they voided my warranty not about the current situation really.
Old 05-13-2017, 05:58 PM   #40
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Absolutely this is social media ....and obviously discoverable....check with your legal guy......
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 06:30 PM   #41
ChevyRules

Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian_smith94 View Post
So you mean to tell me that if I'm at the track, that's NOT abuse? Gotcha, makes a ton of sense lol. Did you really think before you posted that? You REALLY think I could beat on my car more on a public road than a closed road course??? Use your head please.
I never said you were abusing the car nor would I classify racing on a performance vehicle abuse. Increased wear and tear? Sure, but for a car designed for it? Not abuse. I was simply responding to him on his claim GM would cover abuse. Racing/track you are covered, but I highly doubt abuse is. Now what constitutes abuse to GM is the question that I don't have the answer for.
ChevyRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 02:13 AM   #42
evanescent03

Drives: '19 SS 1LE/'19 Rubicon/'20 AT4
I've seen a couple people say that multiple repairs for same sort of problem shows excess wear/abuse and that the dealership may be justified. Didn't Al O say "take it to the track, keep it stock.... if it breaks, we'll fix it."

????????? doing a burnout is not even close to the abuse a car gets at a track for a day... a burnout is done prior to every drag strip run, right? so shouldn't that be covered?

edit... yes, this has been covered and the above posts were entertaining. i'm yet to do a burnout and I haven't been to the track yet either, but I did go for a spirited drive on three separate occasions... I hope my warranty isn't voided also. :-/ I do have a loose endlink or something after 1600 miles so I suppose they could blame me for that.
evanescent03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axleshaft, blocked, transmission, voided, warranty