Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 11-17-2017, 02:27 PM   #1
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
ZZP Performance Intake for 2.0T Camaro

So they've had their new rendition on their site for a bit now and I've heard some mixed reviews about people having issues after installing. I'm curious as to what's been going on with the intake and MAF or any other information anyone may have I've been seriously looking into getting this CAI to replace my Injen Open-Box CAI and would like to do so before I get my TCM done in January so i'm fully retuned for this CAI theirs been a lot of conflicting evidence on TCM tunes with the A8 so i'm just going to bite the bullet and see what there is to be had and post my findings as I always do for everyone.

I'd really like to hear from ZZP regarding some of the issues I've heard i'm not on Facebook for good reason we can all agree I made an intelligent choice there so you'll have to keep that in mind when I ask these questions.

BTW ZZSteve I really like your products just making sure I get all my information straight before I bite the bullet and eat whatever I will on re-selling or trading away my Injen CAI.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 03:38 PM   #2
Zzsteve

Drives: 2018 2SS
We have found an intermittent issue with SOME cars, when using our intake. we are actively working on a solution right now, and Tim has actually just test fit a new piece on our car, which is looking pretty promising so far. we finally figured out exactly how to replicate the reported issue, so testing is moving along quite quickly right now. the car is back together, and will be driven over the weekend, then we will do some follow up testing Monday. im fairly confident we have got to the bottom of the idle surging issue, which will be resolved shortly. we will be exchanging intakes for those that have already purchased it, and have not tuned around the issue already. ill have more information next week
Zzsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 04:50 PM   #3
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Awesome thank you Steve, appreciate the feedback and information release on this from you guys. Just another example of the customer service most of us have come to enjoy from you guys.

You have a definate customer and supporter in me just from your Catted DP experience i had you guys had zero issue taking it back if it didn't work way back last august and I'm happy it worked and has since then.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Old 11-20-2017, 03:20 PM   #4
Captslow

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS I4T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzsteve View Post
We have found an intermittent issue with SOME cars, when using our intake. we are actively working on a solution right now, and Tim has actually just test fit a new piece on our car, which is looking pretty promising so far. we finally figured out exactly how to replicate the reported issue, so testing is moving along quite quickly right now. the car is back together, and will be driven over the weekend, then we will do some follow up testing Monday. im fairly confident we have got to the bottom of the idle surging issue, which will be resolved shortly. we will be exchanging intakes for those that have already purchased it, and have not tuned around the issue already. ill have more information next week
Great to hear that this is getting resolved I love the way it sounds and performs. Just want to get rid of the pesky issues. Do we need to send you an email to receive the new intake to replace the faulty one?
Captslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 03:26 PM   #5
Zzsteve

ill be in contact with you when i have the replacement parts ready to go, and ill just swap you. ill shoot out a mass email to everybody.
Old 11-20-2017, 09:13 PM   #6
DarkFangz1100

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
So, this is more directed at steve. Should I hold off on buying the intake till the problem is resolved? -Following thread for update
Old 11-21-2017, 08:42 AM   #7
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

That's pretty much what I'm doing.

Old 11-21-2017, 11:41 AM   #8
Zzsteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFangz1100 View Post
So, this is more directed at steve. Should I hold off on buying the intake till the problem is resolved? -Following thread for update
Yes. im actually going to put it out of stock, pending the revision.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:43 AM   #9
DarkFangz1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzsteve View Post
Yes. im actually going to put it out of stock, pending the revision.
Welp guess I'll patiently await the intake so I can get a new tune lol
Old 11-21-2017, 05:15 PM   #10
bodysnatcher
Bodysnatcher

Drives: 2017 Black RS
ZZsteve, PLEASE inform me as well, ive been patiently reading these posts to see when all of the bugs get worked out, would love to put a CIA on the 4 banger, just kidding about the 4 Banger, puts out great stock performance, just want a little kicker and a tune when all the bugs are gone.
bodysnatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 12:54 AM   #11
Eddy

Drives: 2018 Camaro LT 2.0L
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 12:58 AM   #12
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Lawl same Eddy

Old 11-23-2017, 12:13 PM   #13
ChicagoTommy

Drives: 2017 Camaro; 2017 Acadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFangz1100 View Post
Welp guess I'll patiently await the intake so I can get a new tune lol
Are you planning on going with a ZZP tune? I'd definitely give them a call tomorrow to try to get Black Friday pricing for the tune and the air box! I bet they'd probably give you a free tune update for the revised box once it's available....
to invalidate anyone's personal views or thoughts, nor is it a condemnation of anyone's
race, religion, sex, sexual preferences, handicaps, or intellectual abilities.
ChicagoTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 12:57 PM   #14
DarkFangz1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoTommy View Post
Are you planning on going with a ZZP tune? I'd definitely give them a call tomorrow to try to get Black Friday pricing for the tune and the air box! I bet they'd probably give you a free tune update for the revised box once it's available....
]

I thought about it....but I'm just going to buy the 6LE Iroc hood for now then hit the intake and tune later