Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-02-2017, 09:44 PM   #1
bowtiesonly

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2ss
BMR trailing arms question

Hey guys probably about to go ahead on some bmr trailing arms, im a little unsure about the install are replacing the bushings absolutely necessary or will these just directly replace the factory arms?
2012 2ss , long tube headers , summit x pipe ,borla mufflers, vararam intake, vmax ported throttle body rdp motorsports dynosteve tuned, BMR trailing arms and bushings elite engineering catch can. [Ifirst camaro ]2012 LT LFX, nytrex wet system ,GPI dyno tune, Injen longtube intake, Dynomax axle back exhaust, Vmax ported throttle body, elite engineering catch can.
bowtiesonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 10:36 PM   #2
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
you could but it would be a waste of time not to do the bushings...IMHO. good luck!
Old 10-02-2017, 10:44 PM   #3
davidscamaro

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6 BIG cam
Two jaw puller with washers on the end (just bit smaller than the bushing) push the old ones out the knuckle and pop the new ones in. Should only take few hours of taking you time and working at it ( easy enough job)
Old 10-02-2017, 10:59 PM   #4
bowtiesonly

ok great sounds easy enough, thanks for your input!
2012 2ss , long tube headers , summit x pipe ,borla mufflers, vararam intake, vmax ported throttle body rdp motorsports dynosteve tuned, BMR trailing arms and bushings elite engineering catch can. [Ifirst camaro ]2012 LT LFX, nytrex wet system ,GPI dyno tune, Injen longtube intake, Dynomax axle back exhaust, Vmax ported throttle body, elite engineering catch can.
Old 10-03-2017, 06:57 AM   #5
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Or a shop like a a tire store with a bushing press....
Old 10-03-2017, 07:49 AM   #6
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Hmmm I just swapped mine out and I've never had problems?

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 07:34 PM   #7
bowtiesonly

Finally got it done today, used a 3 inch two jaw puller to press out old bearings, got new bearings in! thanks
Old 10-05-2017, 07:39 PM   #8
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
Bushings are a bitch to install. I remember the freaking pain it was, and my shop has a press that I used to get them out.

If you're going to swap bushings to BMR and haven't already, definitely recommend you swap out the front end lower control arms, radius rod, and steering rack mount bushings for outstanding stability on the road. Add an undercarriage chassis brace (I'm wearing the hotchkis) to avoid that ass from hopping around like it loves to do on these cars, and your car will feel like a rock on rails.

BMR bushings are great. A great improvement from the stock sets. Recommended.
Just posted on an other thread. If it were the trailing arms or the chassis brace, I'd choose the brace. Of course, both for the win.
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 10:18 PM   #9
bowtiesonly

uh oh chassis brace? damnit im going to spend more money looks like.

Last edited by bowtiesonly; 10-05-2017 at 10:29 PM.
Old 10-05-2017, 10:26 PM   #10
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
IMHO chassis brace not needed unless peeps have found it useful for road course...don't see a need for the 1/4 and I don't have wheel hop...good luck
Old 10-05-2017, 10:30 PM   #11
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtiesonly View Post
uh oh chassis brace? damnit im going to spend more money looks like. lol probably be a little overkill for the power im making right now i assume.
No way. The brace is about maneuvering, helps keeps you planted on the road no matter how much power you're putting down. The entire set added another layer of fun to this ride. Helps eliminate any overcorrecting due to deviations on the road because you know where your car is going to be - the front end and the back end. Helps it feel solid.

Suspension was one primary focus on this ride. Did my research. The '10 suspension is mediocre at best - stock. I had to do something. Glad I did. Much improved.
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote