Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Florida

Phastek Performance

Old 08-28-2017, 01:51 PM   #1
Lampslife

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Unhappy 2016 SS Problems.

Hello everyone I need some help.

I have a 2016 Camaro SS and here are the problems I'm expierencing.
My car takes about 2 seconds to crank up and sometimes it sounds like it's not gonna turn on for a seconds then fires up. The dealer told me it was the Purge Valve and they replaced it but it's still doing the same thing. I read in a forum that it could be a problem with the direct injection. Could someone let me know.

Secondly my car shakes a little when I it is changing gears I can feel a vibration coming through the gas peddle kinda like the transmission is slipping.

Lastly when i am in low RPMS the car shakes when I'm easing on the gas and after pressing on the gas more it goes away.
Lampslife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 02:11 PM   #2
Camaro_7888

Drives: .
I don't know about your cranking issue. But as far as your shaking and vibration issues when changing gears, my $$$ is on the torque converter, common issue. Mine has been replaced 2 weeks ago. Do some searching for yourself on these forums and you'll see all the torque converter threads.

Your last issue, I experience as well. When easing on the gas sometimes I get a little shake or a vibration and seems to run crappy, it is running in V4 mode. When you press the gas pedal more it will go to V8 mode and the car will run buttery smooth. Search AFM (Active Fuel Management, where 4 cylinders will shut off under light driving (V4 mode). Nothing you can really do about it unless you get the engine tuned or install a Range device to disable AFM and have the car running in V8 mode 24/7. If you get an engine tune, it will void your warranty, from what I read.
Camaro_7888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 02:44 PM   #3
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
The delayed start is normal. The car has direct injection, it takes longer to build pressure. There are many threads on here about it...

As for the other issue, it sounds like a bad torque converter.
Old 08-28-2017, 04:08 PM   #4
Lampslife

Thanks very much that helps a lot.
Old 08-28-2017, 04:09 PM   #5
Lampslife

Thanks very much. I will speak to Chevy about changing my torque converter. BTW I have a yellow SS like yours. I need to upload some pics,
Old 08-29-2017, 07:01 AM   #6
Camaro_7888

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampslife View Post
Thanks very much. I will speak to Chevy about changing my torque converter. BTW I have a yellow SS like yours. I need to upload some pics,
Camaro_7888 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
direct injection, transmission, vibration