Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 01-13-2015, 02:15 PM   #253
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAM....ZL1 View Post
I truely only have two things to say.
1. Auto manufactures are being forced into these changes by the federal government because of the dependancy on oil and the changing enviroment.
2. If there will no longer be a v8 camaro, I personally will never own another camaro, period. We all have choices.
3. goodbye Nascar.
Don't forget consumer demand. It's not just the Feds driving the demand for better fuel economy, but also the people that have to buy the gas for their cars. While oil may be cheap this month, it's temporary, and fuel prices will rise with vengance once again.

While I purposely chose a V8, for much the same reasons as you I suspect. I can also accept the future that one day, sooner than later, the V6 will be what the V8 is today. Is this really a bad thing? I'm not so sure. Ford just revealed the new GT, expected to run a TTV6 with 600HP. While the exact details of said engine are in the wind, just the thought is amazing. When it comes to performance like that, does it really matter how many cylinders the engine has?
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 02:32 PM   #254
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
Don't forget consumer demand. It's not just the Feds driving the demand for better fuel economy, but also the people that have to buy the gas for their cars. While oil may be cheap this month, it's temporary, and fuel prices will rise with vengance once again.

While I purposely chose a V8, for much the same reasons as you I suspect. I can also accept the future that one day, sooner than later, the V6 will be what the V8 is today. Is this really a bad thing? I'm not so sure. Ford just revealed the new GT, expected to run a TTV6 with 600HP. While the exact details of said engine are in the wind, just the thought is amazing. When it comes to performance like that, does it really matter how many cylinders the engine has?

I understand what you're saying about the performance/horsepower numbers. But the one thing the V6 will not have is the distinct sound of a V8. That's important also.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 06:42 PM   #255
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010-1SS-IBM View Post
He said there wouldn't be a 4 cylinder.

More important to the point, the guy who engineers Camaros doesn't believe in a 4 cylinder Camaro. Wake up.
I am awake and having worked there Al is just one voice in who determines what powertrains go into that car. He can't just make s&*t up as he wants. He has corporate goals for FE, Safety, Emissions, and profitability he has to deliver on. He reports to a pretty solid guy I worked with on several programs who has all RWD performance cars, not just Camaro. That position is EXECUTIVE Chief Engineer. He gets a bigger say.

Here is the quote, “We’re not following Ford”, Oppenheiser told AG during the 2013 SEMA show. “As long as they’ll pay me to be the chief engineer, I’m going to fight for every horsepower I can and every cylinder I can,” he said.

Fighting for every HP and Cylinder you can doesn't scream there will not be a 4 cylinder. When he says not copy Ford, do you suppose he meant they might not have the 4 cylinder be a premium engine over the V6? Ford's 4 cylinder turbo is an upgrade engine over the V6.

So we shall see and you may be correct. But the cards have been dealt. But you are reading the headline, not the quotes from Al. His quotes have a lot of wiggle room.
Old 01-13-2015, 06:57 PM   #256
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
[QUOTE=Number 3;8166604]Yep, there was. A pretty crappy one mind you.

http://www.thirdgen.org/1982-chevy-camaro/

Wow! Why didn't you say this at first ! Lol.. Darn! I learn something new everyday day ! Lol... Thanx!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 07:08 PM   #257
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

[QUOTE=KMPrenger;8167112]Holy crap...so many ridiculous responses and replies.

I can't take you guys seriously...

Sorry! But I know thatyou can take me serious!
Size? You know the ATS has a longer wheelbase than the Mustang? The size is just fine.

What else? Even though the Challenger is my size!

So you think there are no known luxury cars with V8 or even larger engines?

lol.. I said most can care less! Look at how many ppl just want a BMW , Mercedes, Lexus or Cadillac! And this is why they sell alot because it's more about other things than the engine! V12's is in a lot of luxury cars and so is v8's!

The current Impala is a fantastic car, and does perfectly what it is supposed to do...be a good large family sedan. You think the 96 was so great....b/c it had a V8?? So now, b/c it doesn't have a V8, its just OK you guess. But if suddenly it had a V8 I bet you'd love it right?

Lol.. Oh, heck nah ! The styling kills it for me! Just like the Chevy SS! Styling is boring on the Chevy SS too!
Old 01-13-2015, 09:32 PM   #258
1hevy_chevy

Drives: Nightfall Gray 2016 6M 2SS
Let them make all the 4 cyl camaros they want. Thats for the people who just want a camaro. If you dont think there should be a 4 cyl, don't buy one. Simple. You're a muscle enthusiast? Buy a v8 camaro, not a 4 cyl camaro. Simple. Don't think 4 cyl are muscle car material? That's why theres a v8.........simple.....The 4 cyl is there to help with CAFE. Doesn't mean you have to buy one, cause you know someone else will. Simple, simple, simple. You guys are too much man, wow.
1hevy_chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 09:54 PM   #259
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hevy_chevy View Post
Let them make all the 4 cyl camaros they want. Thats for the people who just want a camaro. If you dont think there should be a 4 cyl, don't buy one. Simple. You're a muscle enthusiast? Buy a v8 camaro, not a 4 cyl camaro. Simple. Don't think 4 cyl are muscle car material? That's why theres a v8.........simple.....The 4 cyl is there to help with CAFE. Doesn't mean you have to buy one, cause you know someone else will. Simple, simple, simple. You guys are too much man, wow.
What he said...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 01-13-2015, 10:02 PM   #260
Z/284ever

Drives: A few Camaros
Keep this in mind. Every 4 cylinder Camaro sold, protects a V8 Camaro from CAFE.
Z/284ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 10:19 PM   #261
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z/284ever View Post
Keep this in mind. Every 4 cylinder Camaro sold, protects a V8 Camaro from CAFE.

Damn the truth hurts!
Old 01-13-2015, 10:24 PM   #262
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

But they should make a smaller one than a 6, if places around the world want to rob ppl of a dream car by charging by the cylinder! The world is a crazy place!
Old 01-14-2015, 12:33 AM   #263
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundhogSS View Post
I understand what you're saying about the performance/horsepower numbers. But the one thing the V6 will not have is the distinct sound of a V8. That's important also.
I agree with you wholeheartedly. I was just looking into my crystal ball.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 02:01 AM   #264
fradaj

Drives: RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAM....ZL1 View Post
I truely only have two things to say.
1. Auto manufactures are being forced into these changes by the federal government because of the dependancy on oil and the changing enviroment.
2. If there will no longer be a v8 camaro, I personally will never own another camaro, period. We all have choices.
3. goodbye Nascar.
I think it will still be a while before there is a Camaro without a V8.
fradaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 05:57 AM   #265
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
But they should make a smaller one than a 6, if places around the world want to rob ppl of a dream car by charging by the cylinder! The world is a crazy place!
They don't tax on cylinder count, they tax on displacement.
Old 01-14-2015, 06:31 AM   #266
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
They don't tax on cylinder count, they tax on displacement.
Well that's what I'm talking about ! And this is why the 4 cylinder has to be made! Not right at all!

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 4 cylinder camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro forum, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 4 cylinder, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation, new camaro