Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-15-2014, 09:49 PM   #1
14CV6
Tri-County Camaros

Drives: 2014 Camaro V6
How many more problems will I have?

Well I am now taking my vehicle in for the 8th time within 10,000 miles.

It all started around 16 miles when I first purchased the vehicle. I noticed that the air would blow cold intermittently. I brought the vehicle into the dealership to get it looked at and they stated the system was over charged so they fixed the problem. The second thing that happened was when I would turn the A/C on, the display would show off and nothing would work, unless I restarted the car. I was in the shop three times before they decided to replace the head unit on the vehicle, which has so far worked, but it has only been a couple hundred miles. So time will tell.
I had an intermittent squeal coming from the front end, they first replaced the drive belt, which took care of it, but then..... the intermittent squeal came back and they replaced the alternator, saying it was the pulley. They also thought that the alternator was the problem with the A/C at first as well. The faceplate on the radio was peeling up from when they installed it, the car is going back into the shop Wednesday for the head unit replacement, as well as, an oil change, and intermittent squeal in the front end again.

I love my Camaro, but it is very frustrating when I purchased a new car nine months ago and I have been to the dealership almost every month. This is my seventh new car purchase, first American vehicle, within 10 years. I have never had so many problems with a car til now. What exactly would my options be for this vehicle and does anyone think GM would be willing to buy back my car and put me into another Camaro? I also do have to say the dealership has treated me exceptionally well, hell they all know me by first name, as well as the car.

I know Florida Lemon Law states that the vehicle has to be in for the same problem three times and attempted to be fixed, once it goes in for the fourth time, it is a Lemon.

Performance Mods: VMax Ported Throttle Body | Cold Air Inductions Intake | Borla Axle Back Exhaust | Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/Upgraded Hardware
Exterior Mods: Black Rear Emblem
Interior Mods:Short Shifter | 15% Tint Front and Rear
Coming Soon: Black SS Wheels | Blacked Out Side Markers |
14CV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 09:58 PM   #2
RobertRS

Drives: 2014 2SS L99
I guess the only question here is in the title of thread , so I'll just say ...I don't know. I do know that someone here recently had an intermittent squeal that became continuous and it ended up being the A/C compressor. May have just been the A/C clutch but the dealer fix was replacement of the entire compressor assy.
RobertRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:02 PM   #3
14CV6
Tri-County Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertRS View Post
I guess the only question here is in the title of thread , so I'll just say ...I don't know.
LOL!

I guess I could change the title thread, but you are right, I won't know. I am just worried that with this many problems so far, what is it going to be like when I have 40,000 miles on the car?!

Performance Mods: VMax Ported Throttle Body | Cold Air Inductions Intake | Borla Axle Back Exhaust | Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/Upgraded Hardware
Old 07-15-2014, 10:05 PM   #4
RobertRS

Drives: 2014 2SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14CV6 View Post
LOL!

I guess I could change the title thread, but you are right, I won't know. I am just worried that with this many problems so far, what is it going to be like when I have 40,000 miles on the car?!

Well...excuuuuuuse me.
RobertRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:54 PM   #5
moE_09

Drives: 2014 v6
I had that problem with the noise in the front also. I thought it was my pulley but I took I to a friend of mine and he told me it was the power steering pump, I was suprised but after he put in a new one the noise went away, ask them to take a look at it
moE_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:58 PM   #6
14CV6
Tri-County Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by moE_09 View Post
I had that problem with the noise in the front also. I thought it was my pulley but I took I to a friend of mine and he told me it was the power steering pump, I was suprised but after he put in a new one the noise went away, ask them to take a look at it
Thanks for the info, I will talk to them tomorrow when I go in.

Old 07-16-2014, 10:31 AM   #7
firestone_ss

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
my guess is 248 more, but that's just a guesstimate
firestone_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:45 AM   #8
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
Wow thats just rotten luck,hopefully it will be trouble free from now on.
102SS is offline   Reply With Quote