Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-07-2018, 04:23 PM   #29
13BlackCamaroSS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Ouch....glad nobody hurt at least

2016 2SS, NPP, Adrenaline Red Leather and Pads, 6sp, Sunroof, Black Bowties, Upgraded Wheels, 15% Tint, Kooks Headers, MBRP Exhaust, 1LE Wheels, Badging, Ported Throttle Body, Procharged, Snow Performance Stage 2 Meth Kit

Coming Soon: Custom Cam, E85, Ported Heads
13BlackCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 05:48 PM   #30
NYJets12

Drives: 2018 1LT Camaro
Glad your alright, take that person with the dash cam out for a t-bone steak.
NYJets12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 06:01 PM   #31
Turbo_J89

Drives: 2015 BVM Camaro 1LE (2SS/RS)
Greg,

I clicked on a post that someone wrecked their Camaro and was taken by surprise to see it was the nice patient guy i met up to buy a set of wheels last weekend! I'm really sorry to hear about your Camaro. I'm glad you walked away okay and that a witness came forward with dash cam video. Keep us posted on what happens with the car.

Perhaps that red Toyota Celica (or whatever that was. I wouldn't know. Typical eye witness) that nailed the curb in the parking lot and left a piece of his bumper at the scene while we were talking was a bad omen?

Last edited by Turbo_J89; 02-07-2018 at 06:11 PM.
Turbo_J89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 06:04 PM   #32
kkriskal

Drives: 2018 2SS Triple Black Performance
So sorry to see this and thank god you are ok. But why they hell didn't the airbags deploy when the impact is so severe.
kkriskal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 06:13 PM   #33
LuvMI
Lovin the growl...

Drives: 2018 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets12 View Post
Glad your alright, take that person with the dash cam out for a t-bone steak.

+10.
LuvMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 06:45 PM   #34
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
Hate to see this. It was very nice of that person to come forward with the video. It gives me hope for the human race. Just eyeing the picture, the frame doesn't look that bad, but I'm certainly no adjuster.

If it's not a total loss, aim for parts replacement rather than repair. Good luck!
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 07:01 PM   #35
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Looks like somehow your car was litterally skinned. Fender sheered off but the sub frame/unit body looks like it doesn't even have a scratch. The airbags are only triggered if the collision points hit the sensors in the bumper. Looks like it didnt hit the sensors.

Because the unit body isn't damaged, airbags didn't deploy, and it didn't need to be put on the rack to be straightened, her insurance may not total it. If they don't you should demand diminished value difference. That you should be able to get.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 07:01 PM   #36
ltcol_king

Drives: 17' 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_J89 View Post
Greg,

I clicked on a post that someone wrecked their Camaro and was taken by surprise to see it was the nice patient guy i met up to buy a set of wheels last weekend! I'm really sorry to hear about your Camaro. I'm glad you walked away okay and that a witness came forward with dash cam video. Keep us posted on what happens with the car.

Perhaps that red Toyota Celica (or whatever that was. I wouldn't know. Typical eye witness) that nailed the curb in the parking lot and left a piece of his bumper at the scene while we were talking was a bad omen?
Thanks Jordan. Instead of the car crash we witnessed, I think the bad omen was selling my summer wheels.
ltcol_king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 07:24 PM   #37
jimmypop13

Drives: 2016 camaro ss
Does there have to be a party at fault in all car accidents? I'm just curious because it sounds like both sides screwed up here. Yeah somebody messed up by making an illegal turn but you almost messed up just as bad by not looking while driving. Probably the most important part of driving there is. What if it was a person on foot that was crossing right there instead? I know you're happy that someone's footage had cleared you but it could have just as easily gone the other way or worse. Please pay attention
jimmypop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 07:50 PM   #38
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmypop13 View Post
Does there have to be a party at fault in all car accidents? I'm just curious because it sounds like both sides screwed up here. Yeah somebody messed up by making an illegal turn but you almost messed up just as bad by not looking while driving. Probably the most important part of driving there is. What if it was a person on foot that was crossing right there instead? I know you're happy that someone's footage had cleared you but it could have just as easily gone the other way or worse. Please pay attention
I know I wouldnt be posting pics of my crashed car with the plate in plain view admitting that I was a distracted driver. Video or no video, the OP is admitting at least some fault in this crash. If the wrong person gets this I could see him ending up sharing in the blame.

If a cell phone is what caused your distraction, its real easy to time stamp that to the time of the crash. Something to think about.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 08:01 PM   #39
ltcol_king

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
Looks like somehow your car was litterally skinned. Fender sheered off but the sub frame/unit body looks like it doesn't even have a scratch. The airbags are only triggered if the collision points hit the sensors in the bumper. Looks like it didnt hit the sensors.

Because the unit body isn't damaged, airbags didn't deploy, and it didn't need to be put on the rack to be straightened, her insurance may not total it. If they don't you should demand diminished value difference. That you should be able to get.
Thanks for the advice. Had not heard of "diminished value" claims before. Just googled it. This is excellent news!

Last edited by ltcol_king; 02-07-2018 at 08:36 PM.
Old 02-07-2018, 08:02 PM   #40
ltcol_king

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueaddict View Post
Hate to see this. It was very nice of that person to come forward with the video. It gives me hope for the human race. Just eyeing the picture, the frame doesn't look that bad, but I'm certainly no adjuster.

If it's not a total loss, aim for parts replacement rather than repair. Good luck!
Parts replacement over repair... Got it. Thanks.
Old 02-07-2018, 08:09 PM   #41
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
Great news
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 08:11 PM   #42
ltcol_king

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I know I wouldnt be posting pics of my crashed car with the plate in plain view admitting that I was a distracted driver. Video or no video, the OP is admitting at least some fault in this crash. If the wrong person gets this I could see him ending up sharing in the blame.

If a cell phone is what caused your distraction, its real easy to time stamp that to the time of the crash. Something to think about.
Good advice in general to keep tags private. Thanks. However, I was above board with the cop on the scene that the road ahead was clear when I decided it was safe to look down for a second. I am not privy to the video footage, but apparently that fact did not outweigh his decision to vindicate me.