Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 01-05-2012, 10:42 PM   #1
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
looking for a specific stripe

Ive looked everywhere for a certain stripe. Im looking for a solid stripe w the pin stripe (or a rally stripe will work) for my trunk that wraps up and over the spoiler. I know they make them but they come w an entire kit and I dont want that. Have different plans for he front. I have a local shop that can make it except they will b in cgm and their material is very expensive and not sure how well it will match. I will go this route if I have to but just seeing if anyone knows where I can it?
Old 01-06-2012, 04:28 AM   #2
trganey

Drives: 1979 Z28-Retired, 2012 RS
If you local shop has the "10yr" stripe material you should be fine. If your planning on doing something custom on the front anyway there shouldn't be a problem matching if all of it comes from the same supplier. I had some custom lettering done on a truck in 95' and it looked good for 15yrs. Just don't skimp when it comes to the quality of the material.
trganey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:53 AM   #3
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by trganey View Post
If you local shop has the "10yr" stripe material you should be fine. If your planning on doing something custom on the front anyway there shouldn't be a problem matching if all of it comes from the same supplier. I had some custom lettering done on a truck in 95' and it looked good for 15yrs. Just don't skimp when it comes to the quality of the material.
Tku. I dont plan to skimp on the material. The front is going to b hood spears and they r gonna charge me $250 bucks to make them since its a "complex job". I can get quality spears for $70 bucks. Thats y Im wanting to use the same vendor so the color will match.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:18 AM   #4
Hendu

Drives: 2SS 45th Anniv LS3
How much would it run you to paint it? (I'm secretly getting pricing to replace mine with paint, shhh)

Mods:
Hurst short throw shifter,Heritage Grille, CAI Inc. cai, Window tint, skip shift eliminator, footwell lighting

To-Do List:
New Exhaust (or muffler delete)
P13w's
and More TBD
Hendu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:23 AM   #5
SpendyWendy

Drives: 2011 SW 2SS/RS M6 Delivered 5/20/11
Angie, have you contacted either of these vendors? http://ridergraphix.com/ or http://www.bigwormgraphix.net/camaro5.htm I bet they could do something custom for you and then you would have a perfect match! Good luck!
SpendyWendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:29 AM   #6
tobalt

Drives: IBM L99 2SS/RS
Try http://www.revolution-motorsports.com/. Although I purchased the entire kit, they did give me an extra trunk piece for my MPD-1 spoiler so that it could wrap around it. Here's some pics of the final results:

The shop that installed mine used some of the spare pieces to fill in the mailslot area.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:41 PM   #7
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpendyWendy View Post
Angie, have you contacted either of these vendors? http://ridergraphix.com/ or http://www.bigwormgraphix.net/camaro5.htm I bet they could do something custom for you and then you would have a perfect match! Good luck!
No I havent yet but tku for the idea!

Quote:
Try http://www.revolution-motorsports.com/. Although I purchased the entire kit, they did give me an extra trunk piece for my MPD-1 spoiler so that it could wrap around it. Here's some pics of the final results:

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1300x975 and weights 163KB.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1300x975 and weights 151KB.

The shop that installed mine used some of the spare pieces to fill in the mailslot area.
Thats the rear stripes I'm looking for! Tku very much!
Old 01-06-2012, 05:41 PM   #8
tobalt

Drives: IBM L99 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by angie7 View Post
No I havent yet but tku for the idea!

Thats the rear stripes I'm looking for! Tku very much!
If you go with Revolution Motorsports, give them a call prior to ordering and explain what you'd like (an extra trunk section to accommodate wrapping a spoiler). That way you have tons of extra material to play with.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:53 PM   #9
spectre20

Drives: 2013 2SS RS
Angie that sounds like an interesting plan. I would love to see how that turns out. I hope you post some pics when you finish the hood spears and trunk rally stripe.