Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 12-07-2017, 10:10 AM   #43
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by HB1SS View Post
Proper Bedding is a big help. If you bed the stock setup from new as most do with aftermarket pads you will see excellent results. During bedding you will have dust all over the wheels and side of the car but if you bed properly like suggested by the stoptech site everything will be good. I can go hundreds of miles with the stock pads and do a wipe down with little dust. Prior to this car I had BMW's and they have much softer pads with more dust if not bedded.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 11:34 AM   #44
init4fun

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary
Haven't done these on the Camaro yet but this is a planned upgrade. A couple of good friends turned me onto this setup as they use them for weekend track days. One with a 5th Gen, the other with a C7 Grand Sport. Since the Camaro was new I've been hesitant to tear into it to change anything especially with all the issues I'm having with it.

Fortunately I do have a couple of other cars that I don't mind working on. I have upgraded to the Z26 setup on my daily driver Camry and my Old Tacoma. Both have seen huge improvements over stock. I always thought the Camry had the best stock brakes of any car I had driven until the 6th Gen Camaro. I swapped over to Powerstop on the Camry and it's a different animal. I had to relearn how to drive that car. The difference on the Tacoma was even more dramatic as that truck has notoriously bad brakes from the factory and there really haven't been any good options until now. The only limiting factor on either one at this point is the tires.

I've never seen a Brake pad give off as much dust as stock Camaro Pads. Yes they work but cleaning the wheels on the 50th after driving 1 mile to the car show is ridiculous. I would like to see someone do an instrumented test on the Power Stops vs Stock, vs Hawk but the fact that they survive on a 5th Gen during track days tells me they will be as good if not better than the stock pads.
init4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 03:31 PM   #45
CaliSpecial

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8 Convertible
I'm about to pull the trigger on the Z26 pads front & rear for my 2018 2SS Euro spec. The dust from the stock pads is driving me crazy!

My car is a convertible and I want to confirm I have the correct part numbers before I order. I know that the fronts are Z26-1474A, but can someone confirm that the rears are Z26-1718. I recall reading on here that someone had had fitment issues on a vert.

Thanks guys.
CaliSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 12:40 PM   #46
Hendo_ss

Drives: Camaro ss 1le
Does anybody know if these will work with the copper free brake package on my 2022 ss 1le?
Hendo_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 11:43 AM   #47
BrianL

Drives: 2016 2SS, Red Hot, NPP, Nav, M6
I also did these and am pleased. Easiest pad change I have ever done was with these brakes. And the pads work as well as OEM but without the dust issue in my opinion.
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 12:00 PM   #48
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
These pads suck. Can't get through a <60s autox run without them stinking.

I have a set (front and back) with at least 3/4 remaining, $50 shipped if anyone wants them.

OEM pads are way better in all ways except dust.
Old 03-28-2022, 12:30 PM   #49
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
I bought these with the drilled and slotted rotors for my SS Sedan. The OEMs on the SS Sedan felt like they stopped smoother. Not sure if it was the drilled and slotted rotors, but stopping was a little unnerving. They were definitely less dusty than OEM, but they were also just as noisy as OEM.
Attached Images

TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 12:48 PM   #50
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC113 View Post

I have a set (front and back) with at least 3/4 remaining, $50 shipped if anyone wants them.

It's not a track pad, notice that word there, STREET...?

lol

Z26 STREET PERFORMANCE CARBON-FIBER CERAMIC BRAKE PADS
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 12:59 PM   #51
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC113 View Post

I am running the Z26 pads for my normal street driving and they are good in my opinion. No more having to clean your wheels every single time you drive (that is...if you want clean wheels and I do)

But I've always said that if I ever decided to do a track event I'd have to go back to OEM or better.
Old 03-28-2022, 01:23 PM   #52
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
I have the powerstop Z26 pads and rotors on my 2SS. I'm so happy I made the change. The brake dust on the OEM pads is simply unbearable. I also upgraded my grey Brembo calipers to the Red... The money invested in the brake upgrades make the car so much more enjoyable. The Red calipers just add to the look and the Z26 pads cut down 90% or more of the brake dust.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 02:21 PM   #53
zxspeedspec
Banned

Drives: Faster than yours
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMale View Post
It's not a track pad, notice that word there, STREET...?

lol

Z26 STREET PERFORMANCE CARBON-FIBER CERAMIC BRAKE PADS
Autocross really isn't track. The temps you get in autocross is nowhere near actual track temps. The fact that they can't hold up in a 60 second autocross run is terrifying. I've done harder driving through GMR, Azusa, Ortega, Muholland, etc.
zxspeedspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 02:34 PM   #54
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxspeedspec View Post
Autocross really isn't track. The temps you get in autocross is nowhere near actual track temps. The fact that they can't hold up in a 60 second autocross run is terrifying. I've done harder driving through GMR, Azusa, Ortega, Muholland, etc.
Exactly!

Track is higher speed and you might be out there for 20 minutes. Autox is under 70 mph and 1 min in duration. The fact they can't hold up to autox use is not confidence inspiring for ANY use imo.
Old 03-28-2022, 03:58 PM   #55
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
I have the powerstop Z26 pads and rotors on my 2SS. I'm so happy I made the change. The brake dust on the OEM pads is simply unbearable. I also upgraded my grey Brembo calipers to the Red... The money invested in the brake upgrades make the car so much more enjoyable. The Red calipers just add to the look and the Z26 pads cut down 90% or more of the brake dust.
^^^ I agree with everything posted here. These are good for street use.

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 08:14 PM   #56
wwiiavfan

Drives: 2017 1SS Hyper Blue
I like them for the clean wheels. I hate them for the squealing and reduced brake performance over stock. When they wear out something else will take their place.
wwiiavfan is offline   Reply With Quote