Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-22-2013, 09:54 PM   #169
chiefchump

Drives: 2013 Inferno Orange ZL1
I hope they use key folks from Canada to train the new to the Camaro, workers in the Michigan plant?
chiefchump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:58 AM   #170
trucker north

Drives: black silver stripe 1 ss
I love the new Camaro!! I just want to say I posted on the Gm site an Idea I have for more HP for all the supercharged cars Gm produces. It would consist of a air conditioned charged intercooler? Either electric or already in place air conditioning ? with a control valve the would provide the intercooler with the charge when needed. When you need it turn it on ? or electric would not rob you of Hp in time of need . I would estimate at least a 25 % increase i Hp. If needed . I wish they or someone else would incorporate this into their program? I have sent myself a letter of intent . to safe guard my Idea so I can help others in need ,and buy more Camaros!!
trucker north is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:07 PM   #171
Mikes SS

Drives: '10 CGM 2SS/RS 6M
I hope that the 6th Gen still has some hope, that design direction doesn't hinder sales

Last edited by Mikes SS; 04-02-2013 at 01:31 PM.
Mikes SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:53 PM   #172

Drives: Getaway Special
It amazes me that the NLRB is not jumping all over this. It was the NLRB that jumped all over Boeing trying to build a production plan in South Carolina because it was a right to work state.

Policies. We must change.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:57 PM   #173
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
Canada and the US have partnered in building GM products for many years. I certainly feel for those who have been assembling the present generation of Camaro. You have done so with pride and many have been happy with their purchase and have great pride in their car. MY brother built Camaro's in Van Nuys Ca for several years and is now retired. I, as well as my father have also built cars for GM for many years. Combined, we have invested 84 years building cars in a GM plant. I hope those of you who have put your heart and soul into this car will have continued success in future models. Those of you who will built the next generation of Camaro have a golden opportunity to make the entire world demand a car made in North America rather than the global competition that has dogged us for decades. Good luck. As an idea for you guys up north. The very last car to leave the GM South Gate Assembly Plant was a White Cadillac Cimarron.. I have no idea where that car would be today but written inside the door panels are the signatures of hundreds of employees who worked in that place for so many years to include that of the Plant Manager. It was a sad day to see the doors close there. As a kid I wanted so much to buld cars there and when I had the chance I was all over it. We had Buick 425's, Chevy 409's and 396's and some others that were just stacked to the roof. It was like being in heaven.

Last edited by 396ssrat; 04-01-2013 at 01:11 AM. Reason: Afterthought
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:01 AM   #174
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Good news. Perhaps this means the 6th generation will finally be able to have a decent medium blue.
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:19 AM   #175
With envy
It's a Synergy thing..

Drives: 2010 Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by *007 View Post
It amazes me that the NLRB is not jumping all over this. It was the NLRB that jumped all over Boeing trying to build a production plan in South Carolina because it was a right to work state.

Policies. We must change.
Um, I understand what you're getting at, but I think you're overlooking one important detail: The NLRB is a US Federal entity. It has no jurisdiction over a foreign country, which Canada happens to be. And it would look a little silly if our federal government was fighting to keep jobs from coming to the US. Bottom line, Canadian union workers can't vote in American Presidential elections- yet. Give them time, I'm sure they're working on that.
As for the Boeing thing, that was purely political. Being in a Boeing employed family (Machinist Union), I can tell you jobs were not lost here in the Seattle area as a result of SC. As a matter of fact, Boeing has been hiring throughout the whole thing. They (NLRB) were all ready to nail Boeing to the wall, when somebody realized it wouldn't look good for the administration to close a new plant down in an economically depressed area, just before an election. Just as quickly, the case was dropped. I'm sure the Union donors got, or will get their payback elsewhere.

With envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:55 PM   #176
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
Robots do not care what country they work in nor do they care what car they build. They do not come to work in a bad mood an they do not get paid overtime. The Camaro has alot of robotics involved and they will become more involved as time marches on. Good luck in your next venture Canada. The Camaro will be in good hands as long as GM engineering does it's homework and the bean counters stay away from design.
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:35 PM   #177
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by 396ssrat View Post
Robots do not care what country they work in nor do they care what car they build. They do not come to work in a bad mood an they do not get paid overtime. The Camaro has alot of robotics involved and they will become more involved as time marches on. Good luck in your next venture Canada. The Camaro will be in good hands as long as GM engineering does it's homework and the bean counters stay away from design.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:17 AM   #178
Gibroni

Drives: '12 IOM LT 'vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
GM to move Camaro production from Ontario to Lansing plant

By Melissa Burden
The Detroit News

The Camaro is a rear-wheel drive vehicle, as are the CTS and ATS, built in Lansing. (GM)

General Motors Co. will move production of the Chevrolet Camaro from Oshawa, Ontario, to its Lansing Grand River plant, the automaker announced Wednesday.

GM will move the next generation of the muscle car from Ontario to the Lansing plant, which builds the Cadillac CTS and ATS. The shift is likely to occur within a few years.

The last all-new Camaro came for the 2010 model year.

GM, in a statement, cited lower capital investments and production efficiencies as a key factor for moving production of the vehicle.

The Camaro is built in Oshawa on the same line as the Buick Regal and Cadillac XTS. Oshawa will build the next-generation Chevrolet Impala. Those cars are front-wheel drive models.

The Camaro is a rear-wheel drive vehicle, as are the CTS and ATS, built in Lansing, currently a two-shift plant.

Sales of the Camaro year-to-date through November are down 3.6 percent compared with the same period in 2011.

Karl Henkel contributed.

mburden@detnews.com

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...#ixzz2FWLCAZLR
So it has NOTHING to do with right to work FOR LESS!
Gibroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:53 PM   #179
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibroni View Post
So it has NOTHING to do with right to work FOR LESS!
Correct. I spoke to the manufacturing executive who came right out and said it, in fact.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:04 PM   #180
lawman007
Panama-Gulf War Vet

Drives: '11 SW 1LT/RS 6M
What about the Bel-Aire, Biscayne, and Nomad?
Old 08-05-2013, 10:36 AM   #181
tonyko1
Banned

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible, IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFJeeper View Post
Flame me if you want, but I am not real pleased with this. I am planning on upgrading my LT2 to a Z28, if and when it is made. I am impressed with the quality of my 2010. It has not given me any trouble and I salute the Oshawa plant. On the ohter hand, I blame the UAW in large part for the failure of American built cars. Just recently those guys that got fired for drinking and smoking dope at lunch were just rehired at a judages orders. I do not trust them at all.

Please dont screw up my Camaro.
Your Camaro was made by Canadian UAW, which broke off from American UAW as the USA UAW was seen as too lenient.

Write to Michael Moore, Flint, MI, ha.
tonyko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:48 AM   #182
tonyko1
Banned

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible, IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Great so the 6th Gen guys are gonna tout that they have an "American" made Camaro as to our "Canadian" made lol.

Well Canada brought us hockey, Labatt's, maple syrup and Eliza Dushku, so I will take the 5th Gen as well :-P
The fact of the matter is, if your car is made in USA, Canada, and Mexico, it is a North American car.

North America is in great shape for the next 100yrs if not longer.

Face it, the only reason Canada is a country is the USA allows it to be. No better neighbor does Canada have. California has more people than all of Canada. If USA wanted to annex Canada, it could have, but colonies cost too much these days. If USA didn't protect Canada from USSR/Russia, it would be a Russian province.

Ditto for Mexico, and what a train wreck that dump is. Place could be bulldozed over and do a makeover, I know, I lived there for a while. Country should be in better shape than USA, besides all-year growing season, it has oil, gold, silver, seafood, the works. Nope, no good. The country since the Conquistordes has been ruled by about 1% of the population, sound familiar?

Finally, I am a history buff, may get my doctorate in it, who knows, but look at all the places England colonized, then check which ones the Spanish, French, and Germans did. See which ones are doing good today and which aren't. England: USA, Canada, Australia, N. Zealand, all doing fine. Spain: Everything south of Texas (and could you imagine that still Mexican, ha, although they are trying, but their toilets still flush with toilet paper), Spanish Morocco... As for France: Chad, Viet Nam, Laos, need I go on about that...........and who cares about the Germans, they are arrogant.
tonyko1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation