Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 02-26-2016, 08:39 AM   #1
paul84043

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Warmer weather bringing out the hibernating Camaros

So, I've noticed more Camaros on the road with the 40+ degree weather starting to set in. It's good to see them and I usually try to sneak in a wave if they're looking.
Most guys will wave back, women look at me like I'm a serial killer.

Pulled into my neighborhood the other day and lo' and behold, there's another White 1LE rolling right towards me. It's actually cool to see what "I" look like from outside the car..
We passed at about 5 mph and I even rolled down my window to give a wave, but recipient seemed less than pleased to see a clone of his car.... didn't even acknowledge me..

It's okay, I'm not thin skinned and I get it.. Saw him again yesterday, flashed my headlights and waved out the window like a spastic idiot..

Same thing.. stare straight ahead, do not acknowledge the imitator....

Kind of funny.. but it's all good.. I'm going to try to park next to him if I see his car around..

That being said... I do need to put something on, a stripe.. something to kind of set mine apart.. Don't want to do the "try to get in the wrong car at the grocery store" thing.. That sucks..
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 11:53 AM   #2
Bloodnok

Drives: 2014 1LE CRT
I'll wave if I see you It's my new daily so I'm sure we'll cross paths at some point.
Bloodnok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 12:12 PM   #3
1bad1le

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
Got mine out Monday and Tuesday when it was 60 here in Ohio. Back to low 30s and snowing now though.
1bad1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 12:37 PM   #4
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul84043 View Post
So, I've noticed more Camaros on the road with the 40+ degree weather starting to set in. It's good to see them and I usually try to sneak in a wave if they're looking.
Most guys will wave back, women look at me like I'm a serial killer.

Pulled into my neighborhood the other day and lo' and behold, there's another White 1LE rolling right towards me. It's actually cool to see what "I" look like from outside the car..
We passed at about 5 mph and I even rolled down my window to give a wave, but recipient seemed less than pleased to see a clone of his car.... didn't even acknowledge me..

It's okay, I'm not thin skinned and I get it.. Saw him again yesterday, flashed my headlights and waved out the window like a spastic idiot..

Same thing.. stare straight ahead, do not acknowledge the imitator....

Kind of funny.. but it's all good.. I'm going to try to park next to him if I see his car around..

That being said... I do need to put something on, a stripe.. something to kind of set mine apart.. Don't want to do the "try to get in the wrong car at the grocery store" thing.. That sucks..
That's hilarious! I actually did this. Was walking out of the grocery store when I had my blue 2LT. Hit the unlock button on the key fob and walked up to the car and tried to open the door. It wouldn't open. I hear "hey what are you doing" so I say my f****** car won't unlock. That's cause it's mine he says. We had a pretty good laugh about it and then talked about our cars for about 15 mins.
Thor142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 01:13 PM   #5
Mark T
American Gold Whisperer

Drives: 2014 White 1LE 2SS/RS/NPP/Rec/Nav
Not close to Lehi, close to Hill, but my girl hasnt seen sunlight yet.

Did turn her over to blow out the cobwebs yesterday though.
Old 02-26-2016, 01:15 PM   #6
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
Been lucky here that winter weather has been few and far between. It's been nice to drive during the winter months this season.
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 01:34 PM   #7
Camarotobeornottobe

Drives: 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor142 View Post
That's hilarious! I actually did this. Was walking out of the grocery store when I had my blue 2LT. Hit the unlock button on the key fob and walked up to the car and tried to open the door. It wouldn't open. I hear "hey what are you doing" so I say my f****** car won't unlock. That's cause it's mine he says. We had a pretty good laugh about it and then talked about our cars for about 15 mins.
In 1992, I came out of JC Penny to find my 1984 camaro on the garage lift -- though I was there to shop and not for car work. I'm like WTF!

The old mechanic about to put an air gun to my car said, "What? It says here to rotate the tires!" His invoice was to rotate the times on an El Camino. Not only did he misread the invoice, the other keys (both for door and ignition) worked in my car! I was later told that there were about 144,000 key combinations, and this guy happened to hit on both my door and ignition key.

What were the odds? Before you answer, it gets better . . .

6 years later, I'm in law enforcement, and I take a report of a stolen Honda. The victim says to me, "It is gold and looks like that one over there (pointing), but with no spoiler." Remembering my experience in 1992, I asked for his key, which was designed to work in both the door and ignition. Yep, you guessed it . . . it fit the other car and started it right up. The other owner had the exact same key, which happened to fit a gold Honda in the same parking lot, and drove away accidentally with the wrong car.

I found his phone number and called him. He was sorry and brought the other car back for the trade
Camarotobeornottobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 01:47 PM   #8
miller8907

Drives: 2014 1SS/RS LS3
Still waiting up here in WI. Need a couple good rains to wash the roads. It is only February though so im sure we will get dumped on with snow another time or 2. But tomorow will be almost 50°!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 02-26-2016, 01:57 PM   #9
ritchet

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LS Red Rock
I had my car out Saturday it was 70 degrees here in Ohio. Then it snows yesterday. It has been nice this winter. I don't think there has been a whole week without at least one 60+ degree day. Last week the local schools were closed for a snow day and , as mentioned, by Saturday it was 70. I love el nino
ritchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 02:24 PM   #10
Billy10mm

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarotobeornottobe View Post
In 1992, I came out of JC Penny to find my 1984 camaro on the garage lift -- though I was there to shop and not for car work. I'm like WTF!

The old mechanic about to put an air gun to my car said, "What? It says here to rotate the tires!" His invoice was to rotate the times on an El Camino. Not only did he misread the invoice, the other keys (both for door and ignition) worked in my car! I was later told that there were about 144,000 key combinations, and this guy happened to hit on both my door and ignition key.

6 years later, I'm in law enforcement, and I take a report of a stolen Honda. The victim says to me, "It is gold and looks like that one over there (pointing), but with no spoiler." Remembering my experience in 1992, I asked for his key, which was designed to work in both the door and ignition. Yep, you guessed it . . . it fit the other car and started it right up. The other owner had the exact same key, which happened to fit a gold Honda in the same parking lot, and drove away accidentally with the wrong car.

I found his phone number and called him. He was sorry and brought the other car back for the trade
Great story! Thanks for that, gave me a good chuckle.
Billy10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 05:04 PM   #11
paul84043

Went over 60 degrees this afternoon... Great day to run errands with my Daughter, my favorite Co-pilot.. Though I do have to listen to Meghan Trainor..

Trade-offs....
Old 02-26-2016, 05:05 PM   #12
paul84043

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarotobeornottobe View Post

I've heard of that!!.... That would really suck!
Old 02-26-2016, 05:10 PM   #13
Mark T
American Gold Whisperer

Almost 70, sunny, and I can wear a t-shirt!!

The car comes out today! First time since the end of October!
Old 02-26-2016, 08:32 PM   #14
Mark T
American Gold Whisperer

God that felt good. Just got back and she loved stretching her legs on the road for the first time this year.

Utah winter is ending.