AWE Tuning

Old 05-11-2016, 03:53 PM   #351
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
Sure thing!!

I don't care if it's N/A or FI but the fact is you literally can't tell anything in the video but the exhaust note. In the ZL1 videos you can clearly hear the SC whine even over the exhaust when it's full throttle.

There are no facts here at all. Try to tell me that until you are blue in the face and you'll just pass out. We have no clue what is powering this Camaro.

Not to mention the exhaust tone is very different in this Camaro compared to the ZL1. Much deeper and harsher sounding.
Yet people argued, just like you are now, that the car didn't have a S/C!

You are right we don't know for a fact that its S/C. We also don't know for a fact that the sun will rise tomorrow until we witness it, but I'm pretty certain of both.

The video below is of the ZL1 testing and I had a harder time hearing S/C whine in it than the new video. Ironically the S/C whine is also a 0:34. Notice this guy was hustling the car a lot harder! Looks like the video from today was the cars warm up lap/laps.

The new car might be louder or it may be the mics on the cameras are different, but it sounds like the same engine to me.

Last edited by mjk3888; 05-11-2016 at 04:06 PM.
mjk3888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 04:01 PM   #352
bballr4567

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk3888 View Post
Yet people argued, just like you are now, that the car didn't have a S/C!

You are right we don't know for a fact that its S/C. We also don't know for a fact that the sun will rise tomorrow until we witness it, but I'm pretty certain of both.

Enjoy! Im not so sure why are you so harsh here but whatever. Have a good one!
bballr4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 04:02 PM   #353
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobC1983 View Post
Hope all you want...

There is a supercharger whine in the vid.. it is looking more and more like the Z28 is a package that can be ordered for a ZL1.

How easily some forget that the last Z28 as it's own model was a sales flop.... it makes more sense for it to be a package on the ZL1 for cost reasons.
I'm not hoping for anything. Are you?

You say it's a supercharger whine. Many of us definitely do not agree. Does it really matter that much?

But - I am 100% confident (not hoping) that IF there is a track package for the ZL1 (and I do not think that will be the case) it will NOT be called a Z/28 package. It may have some moniker for the track package but it won't be Z/28.

We are all guessing aren't we?
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805 - SOLD
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 04:08 PM   #354
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post

Enjoy! Im not so sure why are you so harsh here but whatever. Have a good one!
Sorry if it comes across harsh, just trying to let you know, LT4 or not, it has a S/C.
Old 05-11-2016, 04:24 PM   #355
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
Wasn't Al O or Mark R quoted somewhere stating smaller displacement, higher RPM return to the original mindset? LT4 is neither.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
It was along the lines of "what made the original Z/28 special? Small displacement, high RPM small block" and people immediately went apeshit on that thinking that ABSOLUTELY MEANT that the new Z/28 was getting not only a high RPM screamer but a 302 also!
Not really. Reuss was talking about changing things up from the original racing forumla which required a small displacement engine

Here is the actual quote from the original article:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Automotive News
"We're looking at the original formulas of the Trans Am homologation of the Z/28," he said. "Why was the 302 engine so special? So, the formula may change a little, but it still needs to be a wicked fast track car more capable maybe than the comfort- and driver-oriented models."

(link to original article)

To me, that means that we should expect anything BUT a small displacement, high revving, naturally aspirated V8.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 04:27 PM   #356
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Going to the LT4 is a lot more than changing the formula a little. It's completely abandoning it.
Old 05-11-2016, 04:33 PM   #357
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Going to the LT4 is a lot more than changing the formula a little. It's completely abandoning it.
Old 05-11-2016, 04:44 PM   #358
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
I was listening for the whine, I couldn't hear anything.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 04:48 PM   #359
Z/284ever

Drives: A few Camaros
Put it like this: GM is well aware of what many of us want the Z/28 to have. GM already has an LT4 Camaro. If the new Z/28 is supercharged, I see that as a big middle finger to the enthusiast community, especially after Ford's GT350/R.

So....we'll see....
Z/284ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 04:48 PM   #360
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
I was listening for the whine, I couldn't hear anything.
Don't worry...you'll hear plenty of it if the Z/28 is announced with the LT4
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 04:50 PM   #361
Z/284ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
Don't worry...you'll hear plenty of it if the Z/28 is announced with the LT4
OMG! Count on that!
Old 05-11-2016, 05:08 PM   #362
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Finally got home from work where I can use my good headphones.

I not only don't hear the S/C whine, I hear birds chirping (and a ton of tire noise). Listen carefully to the exact moment after the video edit point approximately at the 0:34 mark.

Are the birds what people are confusing with S/C whine?

In any case, there is no S/C whine at all that I can hear at the 0:34 mark, only birds and tire noise. The engine is at closed throttle at that point as far as I can tell from what little engine noise I can hear.

But this doesn't rule out a S/C in my mind, because we need a good shot of the car coming at us with the throttle open. We don't get that in this video, as far as I can see.

Most of the street clips there is a ton of other traffic noise at the key moments.

My verdict: Can't determine engine from this video, but no discernible S/C noise.

The original ZL1 video? I can hear that S/C without any question, and without headphones.
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 05:16 PM   #363
Z/284ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
Finally got home from work where I can use my good headphones.

I not only don't hear the S/C whine, I hear birds chirping (and a ton of tire noise). Listen carefully to the exact moment after the video edit point approximately at the 0:34 mark.

Are the birds what people are confusing with S/C whine?

In any case, there is no S/C whine at all that I can hear at the 0:34 mark, only birds and tire noise. The engine is at closed throttle at that point as far as I can tell from what little engine noise I can hear.

But this doesn't rule out a S/C in my mind, because we need a good shot of the car coming at us with the throttle open. We don't get that in this video, as far as I can see.

Most of the street clips there is a ton of other traffic noise at the key moments.

My verdict: Can't determine engine from this video, but no discernible S/C noise.

The original ZL1 video? I can hear that S/C without any question, and without headphones.

Old 05-11-2016, 05:19 PM   #364
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
I very well could be wrong, and I hope I am, but I know the difference between birds chirping and blower whine.