Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-23-2016, 08:58 AM   #15
Gman2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS
My 2010 V6 2lt 108000 miles and everything runs perfectly fine.
Gman2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 10:35 AM   #16
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Over 130,000 miles. No issues with the motor. Looked at a 6th gen at my local dealership and I'm unimpressed. I won't "upgrade" to one ever.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 11:44 AM   #17
bigwayne3000

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy82 View Post
Over 130,000 miles. No issues with the motor. Looked at a 6th gen at my local dealership and I'm unimpressed. I won't "upgrade" to one ever.
What were you unimpressed by? I really like the interior and the new MyLink w/ CarPlay, I wish it was able to be retrofitted but according to gen5DIY, the new ones can't.
bigwayne3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 03:30 PM   #18
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Seems like a mixed bag, some good some bad.
Old 02-23-2016, 08:02 PM   #19
Wizzer

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwayne3000 View Post
What were you unimpressed by? I really like the interior and the new MyLink w/ CarPlay, I wish it was able to be retrofitted but according to gen5DIY, the new ones can't.

Yeah no kidding. Everything is better. Lets hear why you are not impressed. I actually drove the 2016 SS. They didn't have a V-6 there. I actually wanted to hear the exhaust on the duel note thingy.

I ended up in the SS and wow oh wow. The interior is soooo nice. The dash is impressive and not the boring plastic like I have. The entertainment system was top notch and it actually had a GPS unit that I liked. I never liked a built in GPS unit until I say this.

You need to explain why you didnt like it.

The only thing I can see is that it was too much like what you already had.

The only thing I would add are functional side scoops. That would be boss.
Wizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 09:30 PM   #20
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzer View Post
Yeah no kidding. Everything is better. Lets hear why you are not impressed. I actually drove the 2016 SS. They didn't have a V-6 there. I actually wanted to hear the exhaust on the duel note thingy.

I ended up in the SS and wow oh wow. The interior is soooo nice. The dash is impressive and not the boring plastic like I have. The entertainment system was top notch and it actually had a GPS unit that I liked. I never liked a built in GPS unit until I say this.

You need to explain why you didnt like it.

The only thing I can see is that it was too much like what you already had.

The only thing I would add are functional side scoops. That would be boss.

Mainly the exterior, it doesn't impress me. Looks like a 5th gen melted in the sun.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 05:58 AM   #21
buck_dawg_gold

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I had a 2010 2LT/RS. At 110K miles my evap solenoid needed to be replaced and about 5k miles later my timing chain had to be replaced. I've upgraded to a 2016 2SS in February.
Old 02-25-2016, 10:14 AM   #22
FloridaBill

Drives: 2022 2SS 1LE
The weak timing chain on the 2010 V6 was always in the back of my mind... Traded up at 70k.
FloridaBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 11:17 AM   #23
redleader
redleader

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaBill View Post
The weak timing chain on the 2010 V6 was always in the back of my mind... Traded up at 70k.

Can't we just choose to replace it, even before the recommended 42k ?!
redleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 03:50 PM   #24
buck_dawg_gold

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I also had to replace both catalytic converters. In total I spent about 3K on repairs.

1.8K 2of3 Timing Chains
.7K evap solenoid
.4K both converters
Old 02-26-2016, 11:44 PM   #25
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Oh man Ive had my car since June 2009 and it has been nothing but problems.
The clutch pressure plate bolts came loose around 10,000km which is what 6000 miles there was a TSB on it
Plenty of glitches in the interior for example heated sear breaks all the time have had it replaced twice then gave up on it.
The gauge cluster sticks and is permanently moving in a clickingmotion

The heater fan(air fan) speeds up as the car revs up (never seen this happen before)

Car has a CEL and is at only 50,000 miles with no power feels like im towing a boat so guess its the time chains . I had 6.5 year extended warranty and of course the engine goes to shit right after my warranty expires.

There is a million other things im forgetting but these are the ones that im annoyed about most.
I test drove a 2016 SS a month ago and was planning to buy it as my new DD and permanently store the 5th gen but now I am so upset with how many problems this camaro has in which I overlooked plus all the constant problems our older Chevy vehicles had and just cant see myself now spending $60k on a car that will give me a headache

It really does suck

Why spend money to fix the chains when the LLT is known to pop whether people agree or not, there is way too many engine failures

I told my girlfriend that fixing the chains is like painting a house which is about to fall down, just covering up the problem rather than fixing the structure aka the LLT

The 2016 SS was nice. It felt great but didnt wow me. The rear has not grown on me.
The interior made my 5th gen look like a 300 in terms of size
The dash is boring, it needs some colour added to the IP. If you get the all black interior its no big deal but if you get the red interior the dash looks out of place

Power is great
Driving is great
But feels like im driving a 5th gen so cant justify it
A stingray would be the chevy i buy next
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 11:45 PM   #26
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Typing on a burning hot samsung so sorry if there is gramatical mistakes
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 07:44 PM   #27
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
65k on mine , Have a weird sound towards the front , thinking my chain is getting loose , On my 3rd power steering pump now (doesnt like the extreme cold) , But all in all as of now it been good , and i drive it like I stole it whenever possible
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 09:01 PM   #28
Wizzer

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
65k on mine , Have a weird sound towards the front , thinking my chain is getting loose , On my 3rd power steering pump now (doesnt like the extreme cold) , But all in all as of now it been good , and i drive it like I stole it whenever possible
Well I guess there are just so many variables that there is no one right answer.

Since the car is paid off I am making "car payments" to my self to a special savings account. I will either use the fund to replace something major. Or use the fund as a down payment on a new car.

I am already used to losing 220 bucks every 2 weeks from my paycheck I might as well just keep rolling with it.

You guys are scaring me though. I have 70k on mine and I am about ready to drive from Ga to Calf for a killer job. I find out next week if they choose me for this one deep position. The stress of not knowing is kill me. :(

If I get hired I am going to put my motorcycle on a light weight trailer and clock over 2500 miles on the car with trailer in tow.

I have no weird noises and I wax it all the time so it should go faster.
Wizzer is offline   Reply With Quote