Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 09-01-2016, 12:55 PM   #15
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Charlene" View Post
If you wanted a perfect fit and finish car you should have looked into a Ferrari. A massed produced vehicle like the Camaro, Mustang or Challenger, no matter how high up the trim level is, will have flaws.
Most of his problems are dealer induced, read closer....
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 01:04 PM   #16
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
If you wanted a perfect fit and finish car you should have looked into a Ferrari. A massed produced vehicle like the Camaro, Mustang or Challenger, no matter how high up the trim level is, will have flaws.
So do Ferraris. EVERY new car does...my ex boss buys a new Ferrari every two years. After he takes delivery they go right to his detailer for a full color correction and so on. Even Ferraris have orange peel, swirls, panels not aligned perfectly, etc. Every car maker will have variances. Some people don't give a crap, the others will need to fix it. Heck, he had a V10 M5 BMW years ago that he bought new, the paint on that had more orange peel than an actual orange and a hood so misaligned that it barely closed. The dealer flipped the bill on the hood fix, but said the paint was "in line with paint variances" and he ended up paying a detailer like $1500 to fix it all perfectly.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 01:11 PM   #17
Driium

Drives: '17 SS
Quote:
You may be right... but expecting a brand new car to be delivered without missing parts, scratches, gouges, dents in the paint and finger prints on the INSIDE of the headlights is not an unreasonable expectation. Millions of brand new cars costing WAY less are delivered without these issues.

Now if the car started falling apart on me AFTER I took delivery then sure that's what I get for not paying for a luxury car.
Driium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 01:34 PM   #18
maraging

Drives: 15 1ss 1le
Ive bought 2 new cars and didnt get a survey for either :(
maraging is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 01:44 PM   #19
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by maraging View Post
Ive bought 2 new cars and didnt get a survey for either :(

That's because when they registered the car they changed your name , and/or changed your address, and or changed your phone number

There are many dealer tricks to making sure the person doesn't get a survey....
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 01:50 PM   #20
JaxChris

Drives: '16 2SS GD1 MX0 NPP F55 IO6
You should really receive about 5 different survey emails from your dealer. Only the last one (about 4-6 weeks after you bought your vehicle) is the one from Chevrolet.

As for are you being picky? No. Just got a new Equinox for the woman and the left side of rear bumper cover is bowed out like a bad/broken friction clip install. Even the smallest details are worth taking to the dealer in the first 90 days. You're not expected to see every detail before and during your delivery inspection.
JaxChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 02:11 PM   #21
Arex

Drives: 2016 NFG 2SS
My car had tons of issues, chip paint from trunk alignment issue, bigger trunk gap on the left side, bird shit stains that wont' come off, 2 dents, and 3 scratches, a faded spot in the paint, trunk liner was falling apart, missing rubber piece in the cup holder, and I left my car a total of 13 days to get everything fixed.

At least everything was fixed... I put 450 miles on their loaner (Cruze) LOL
Old 09-01-2016, 03:06 PM   #22
Bradl1982

Drives: 17 Camaro 2SS
I broke out the buffer and fixed all of my paint flaws myself. I would have polished it anyway so as long as the paint flaws were correctable I didn't mind.
Bradl1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 10:09 AM   #23
Genesis7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
I have owned a Ferrari and also hand few fit and finish problems,.
Genesis7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 11:17 AM   #24
doc7000

Drives: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
For the cost they are asking for these vehicles some of the flaws that are still getting through just shouldn't happen. Something tells me that the old Camaro plant did a slightly better job at putting these cars together making me wonder if they should have kept production there and just started producing alpha cars there (probably has more to do with having a alpha plant under utilized).

GM does need to double down on quality with the high profits they are making to ensure that customers become repeat customers.
doc7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 11:38 AM   #25
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
I never said anything about scaring them, but they are going to take care of you better if you haven't filled out the survey yet. And you mention that to them. I was in the business for 40 years , it works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieGuy View Post
Absolutely a bad survey scares the dealership. GM pays out big money bonuses for good surveys. That's part of the profit of selling the car.

Not all dealers care, trust me on that one, i nailed my local dealer with a survey for warranty work they don't give a dam.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 07:43 PM   #26
dpevans

Drives: 2024 Riverside Blue 2SS 1LE
I would have never taken delivery. It's too easy to ignore you now.
dpevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 11:35 PM   #27
alsobob

Drives: 2SS NGM Convertible
I totally disagree with the notion that we can't expect (and demand) perfection when we get our vehicles. When I picked up my 2SS Convertible two weeks ago, I was severely disappointed in the way that the shop guys "prepped" the car. I actually made them re-clean the car including brushing and cleaning the convertible top in front of me before I took delivery.

I've bought 2 Fords and a Chevy over the last 3 years and each time I took delivery, it was the same thing. The car would be delivered to me in less than immaculate condition. Lol, each time I took delivery I had the dealers clean the cars in front of me. think a lot of these American car dealers know they can get away with nonsense because people will think,"hell it's GM, what do you expect?" I know when I bought my Infiniti a few years ago, the delivery of the car was immaculate. Same with a number of luxury brands that my family has purchased over the years. When you buy a luxury car, the dealers go out of their way to give you a luxury experience.

I think it's high time that GM dealers (and all other dealers) do the same as well. The 2SS I bought had a higher sticker price than the Infiniti I purchased, so why can't I expect that it will be delivered in an even better manner than my Infiniti was? We should demand,and receive the highest level of service.
alsobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 02:16 PM   #28
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
So do Ferraris. EVERY new car does...my ex boss buys a new Ferrari every two years. After he takes delivery they go right to his detailer for a full color correction and so on. Even Ferraris have orange peel, swirls, panels not aligned perfectly, etc. Every car maker will have variances. Some people don't give a crap, the others will need to fix it. Heck, he had a V10 M5 BMW years ago that he bought new, the paint on that had more orange peel than an actual orange and a hood so misaligned that it barely closed. The dealer flipped the bill on the hood fix, but said the paint was "in line with paint variances" and he ended up paying a detailer like $1500 to fix it all perfectly.
I'm sorry, if I'm ever in the position to buy a car of that price, I would literally walk around the entire car before paying for it. Any bad stuff gets fixed or else I go to the MANY dealers willing to take my 6 figures lol.. Even at BMW. The power of the buyer is too great to not get what you want.
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote