Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 10-27-2016, 10:56 AM   #1
vince.cuevas

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro white and Black
2013 SS 1LE Brake Recomendations

Hey guys looking to see what you guys are going with as far as brake replacements.. mine is almost 45K and almost ready to be replaced its a Daily but I do drive it on street for what its made for... mainly looking for less brake dust of possible. Let me know what you guys recommend Thanks.
vince.cuevas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 11:02 AM   #2
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Well, unfortunately your going to sacrifice some performance, but based on the amount of mileage you got out of your brakes, I'd say you probably don't care about that.

Hawk HPS is what I went with, and R1 Premier rotors. That is not necessary, though. Stock rotors and pads are fine, and work well, but for less brake dust I would go with. Hawk performance ceramic pads.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 04:02 PM   #3
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
I made a thread about this a few months back for my 1LE. I daily drive mine as well. I got 37k out of my rotors and pads. I was looking at an aggressive pad along the lines of the hawk DCT-70 and slotted (not drilled) rotors. Due to the sole fact I DD my car, I went with OEM. Its the best bang for buck with these cars. As Pete (JPSS) basically preaches, less dust usually means less stopping power. So keep that in mind. And the stock brembos are really hard to beat.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=462429

If you are really wanting on the less fade, change the fluid to DOT4, get stainless lines and do the quantum cooling kit. That would be the best bang for buck. other possibilities..... do all that and get a ZL1 6-piston conversion. If money isn't a problem contact AP racing.
Old 10-28-2016, 12:57 PM   #4
jksynergy

Drives: 11 SW SYNERGY SERIES/14 1SS 1LE
If doing the replacement and you still are considering any time on a track the fluid, lines and cooling are perfect. I run the stock rotors, cooling, fluid, lines and Wilwood ProMatrix pads. JDP can get the pads and you will like them very much. Mine have a year on them of street driving, 2 Optima Search for the Ultimate Street Car Events, 2 Holley LSFest events, Midwest Muscle car challenge and local autocross events. The Optima and LSFest events include speed stop segments and that's abuse along with autocross and track time all in a few days. I just ran Putnam Park this past Sunday and still have some pad left. Next year it will be new rotors and replace the pads as the rear rotors are starting to show cracks. Good luck.

2014 1SS 1LE. Bama, sporting Red Rock Metallic demon's horns, when we are ready to get naughty and open a can of whoopass! Airaid, Spectre, Xpel,Bowler shifter Peddars, UMI, Ult Perf. Diode Dynamics, JRE Tune, XS Power battery,
Hooker Headers Blackheart exhaust,Powerbrake
InstaGram & Twitter: @jlouie62
FB: hangtimeracing
jksynergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 11:16 AM   #5
MarioSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS (RS LS3)
Can someone please share the original front and rear brembo pads part numbers

Edit: nevermind found them
Front: Ac Delco 171-1112
Rear: Ac Delco 171-0882

Last edited by MarioSS; 11-15-2016 at 11:51 AM.
MarioSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 03:50 PM   #6
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioSS View Post
Can someone please share the original front and rear brembo pads part numbers

Edit: nevermind found them
Front: Ac Delco 171-1112
Rear: Ac Delco 171-0882
Front

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/auto-pa...nt-brakes-scat

Rear
http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/auto-pa...ar-brakes-scat
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1le, brakes, pads, rotors, ss2