Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-09-2014, 11:21 PM   #127
AlphaLTx
Account Suspended

Drives: C6s, F-bodies, ect
Quote:
Originally Posted by 31B View Post
Please keep it cordial. I happen to think angrybird is one of the most knowledgeable and helpful people in Camaro5.
Maybe.
But, apparently he's completely clueless on THIS subject considering it's widely know that this platform is already engineered with AWD and the price difference is readily available.
AlphaLTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:22 PM   #128
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaLTx View Post
You are a prime example of the misinformation spread by the uneducated.

The price difference for the AWD model is $1,880 and NOT $4,000.
Plus, that $1,880 included additional content, so the AWD is actually LESS than the $1,880.

Last I checked, people are paying a lot more than $1,880 for other options on current Camaros.
Spending $1,880 is a hell of a lot cheaper than buying an additional 4x4 vehicle and all the added expenses of maintaining and additional car.
Plus, why would I drive a piece of shit 4x4 beater for half the year when I could just ADD a $1,880 option to the $30k++++ car I just bought?

Just another example of how uneducated the anti-AWD crowd is.
From the Cadillac build your own website...
Attached Images

Old 05-09-2014, 11:26 PM   #129
AlphaLTx
Account Suspended

Drives: C6s, F-bodies, ect
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
From the Cadillac build your own website...
The invoice difference between identical models with no change other than the addition of AWD is exactly $1,880.
Furthermore, you are comparing Cadillac pricing differences to Chevrolet pricing differences, which are two separate classes.
Regardless, since it's widely knows that Alpha has already been engineered for AWD, I think you no longer have a leg to stand on after your initial posts in this conversation.
AlphaLTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:38 PM   #130
20Camaro11

Drives: SS
Youtube says it best. I think an AWD option would be great for any car for those people who think they require it. As a former western Pennsylvanian, this thread has confirmed what I often suspected about some of the folk on the other side.

20Camaro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:41 PM   #131
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaLTx View Post
The invoice difference between identical models with no change other than the addition of AWD is exactly $1,880.
Furthermore, you are comparing Cadillac pricing differences to Chevrolet price differences, which are two separate classes.
Regardless, since it's widely knows that Alpha has already been engineered for AWD, I think you no longer have a leg to stand on after your initial posts in this conversation.
My point is the you can purchase an ATS without AWD for $4000 less than one with AWD. It requires additional equipment to purchase AWD so essentially to get AWD you have to pay an additional $4,000. Some people would not pay it...
So then if it's engineered for AWD is it also egineered for the 400-500 HP and Torque that will probably be available in a V8 Camaro?
Old 05-10-2014, 01:17 AM   #132
20Camaro11

Drives: SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
(Not that it applies to SS guys) But us V6 guys really got screwed when they rolled out the LFX engine and decided to integrate the exhaust manifold. Not having long tube headers is awful.

You certainly didn't see Ford taking away long tubes for the Mustang V6...
This was the OP. It amuses me how these threads always morph into other discussions. Referring to the OP, I understand why some would be disappointed in the inability to perform some of the more common and economical upgrades that some of counterparts in the Ford camp can. I just figure the performance aftermarket usually fills any voids that the manufacturers leave open based on demand and the voices of the enthusiasts.
20Camaro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 09:27 AM   #133
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20Camaro11 View Post
Changing the subject sort of. I would drive an AWD Camaro if it involved a 400+hp motor and a hybrid drivetrain driving the front wheels increasing my gas mileage over 30MPG.
Nice thought but either a) you'd add at least 500 pounds to weight of the car or b) add $10,000 to 15,000 to price of the car to keep the weight down to where it is and that is on top of the $10,000 for the battery and hybrid powertrain.

You basically described a 400 HP Volt...............which wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing and probably where we will be for performance cars in the not too distant future.

No real reason to have the hybrid powertrain drive the front wheels when the transmission can drive from either powertrain like the Volt does.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:31 AM   #134
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

I keep harping on it but make sure you know what AWD system you think you are getting.

It enhances performance in the snow. Otherwise it's just $$ and pounds you'll never use.

It is not full time.

I have an Audi S4 with full time AWD and a Cadillac ATS 2.0T with GM's part time AWD system. Two very different animals.

If it helped performance you would see it on the V-sport.

And yes there are a LOT of ATS with AWD here in Chicago. It makes the car much better in the snow. Most of the lease deals are for cars with AWD. Same for other makes as well. But if you go to SoCal or anywhere there isn't much snow, check how many AWD ATS or CTS are on the lot.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:38 AM   #135
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Thank you #3. Now prepare to be referred to as a moderately educated idiot. Lol
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 09:50 AM   #136
Moderator1

Drives: Camaro
Not for at least 10 days. While we appreciate input from all sides of the discussion, we don't tolerate repeated insults. Hopefully someone can learn this and when they come back, will be a bit more "educated" on our site rules.
Moderator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:45 PM   #137
camaro-dreamer

Drives: 2013 Porsche 981S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Do you know of one that is for sale?
BorgWarner states that they can get up to about 920 ft*lbs. I seriously doubt it would be cost effective though.
camaro-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:33 PM   #138
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
Thank you #3. Now prepare to be referred to as a moderately educated idiot. Lol
Ohhhhh he77 no, I am a highly educated idiot!
Old 05-13-2014, 03:59 PM   #139
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Wow, AWD has become the new V6 vs V8, auto vs manual.

Sent from my Samsung via Tapatalk.

AWD TT Camaro =
The transmission with an upgrade would be awesome. I thought they should've had a 7-8 speed already in the 2010 Camaros imo
Old 05-14-2014, 01:58 PM   #140
Red Chief

Drives: 2020 LT1 Black
The build quality, performance and bang per buck of the new Cadillac, Vette and z28 have made me very confident that the gen6 will be by far the best Camaro yet. Relative to the brand AND the competition.

All I worry about is the styling. I have a feeling it won't look as good but guts of the car will make it really tough to stay with my 5th gen.
Red Chief is offline   Reply With Quote