Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-10-2013, 05:56 PM   #1
Deathmore

Drives: None Yet
Replacing my Camaro, What to do?

Hi everyone, as some of you may know I totaled my 2010 2SS/RS last month. I loved that car and doubt I will ever be able to really replace it, as it had some pretty serious work done to it(by the previous owner) and I could never put that kind of money into it. So now I am In a odd place that I didn't expect to be in. I have 6 months of suspended license to decide but I am trying to figure out how I should replace my Camaro.

I really want to get another 2SS but honestly the cost of everything was a little overwhelming at times and I'm fairly certain I can get the V6 for almost $10,000 less then the V8. I never thought after going with a V8 I would want to go back(which I really don't know) but after being in such a serious accident a V6 would do me a lot better. Plus the price difference would really help me out in the long run.

Then on the other side there are similar sports cars I like but I think I would rather have the Camaro then any of them as it was always my dream car. However I do like the challengers a lot. Any help would be appreciated and I know my question is pretty much all personal preference, but I'd still like to hear everyone's opinion.
Deathmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:04 PM   #2
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
I hear your supposed to get a Vette now...its required or something.....oh and I hear they will wave back to you......

seriously, if the SS put you in bad spots financially, but you dont think the V6 will, then go for the V6.

but you have 6 months, used camaro's will start hitting the market in larger numbers since the 2014 refresh is coming out....you have time, just watch the market and wait for a great deal.....
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:06 PM   #3
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Buy a Spark
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:08 PM   #4
walky35

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
you mind me asking what happened to your car? and how did your license get suspended?
walky35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:35 PM   #5
Deathmore

Quote:
Originally Posted by walky35 View Post
you mind me asking what happened to your car? and how did your license get suspended?
Na I'm sure everyone will want to know anyway. I had a seizure while driving which is a automatic license suspension. Luckily nobody got hurt in the accident(well with the exception on me,but I'm fine now)
Old 07-10-2013, 06:37 PM   #6
BluePhoenix

Drives: GMC Sierra AT4
IMO, I'd think once you had a V8 there is no taking a step to the V6 at all. I guess it's all in what the most important thing is to you. They are two totally different cars in having test drove one of each myself other than having the same exterior & interior feel, so make sure you get a good drive out of a V6 before you buy just to make sure of that choice.
BluePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:42 PM   #7
Deathmore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
I hear your supposed to get a Vette now...its required or something.....oh and I hear they will wave back to you......

seriously, if the SS put you in bad spots financially, but you dont think the V6 will, then go for the V6.

but you have 6 months, used camaro's will start hitting the market in larger numbers since the 2014 refresh is coming out....you have time, just watch the market and wait for a great deal.....
Very true I'm sure at around the end of winter their will be plent of cheap used cars on the market. I paid $30,000 for my Camaro in the beginning of febuary and the insurance gave me $36,000 for it. So the deals with definitely be out there. At the same time Im really anxious for the 6th gen Camaro myself which is another reason I'm really looking for a $20,000 car, that way I will have it paid off for the 6th gen.

I'm also looking at the Saturn Sky Redline. It's a good bit faster then a V6 Camaro at the same price, and it gets 22 MPG city!
Old 07-10-2013, 06:42 PM   #8
Sapper12b
HTCC Member

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
What about a Subaru BRZ or wait for a used SS. There are quite a few modded Camaros already going on the market in my area and I'm sure you can find a used Camaro that can fill your need for speed.
Sapper12b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:50 PM   #9
Aubrey64

Drives: 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post

Honestly, if speed and performance isn't the number one priority and you are worried about price, then go with the V6. If I had the money when I got my V6 last summer, I would have for sure gotten a V8, but I don't regret getting my V6 AT ALL! The power is all I really need right now, it is my DD so gas isn't ridiculous, it is the perfect car for me
Old 07-10-2013, 06:56 PM   #10
Deathmore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubrey64 View Post

Honestly, if speed and performance isn't the number one priority and you are worried about price, then go with the V6. If I had the money when I got my V6 last summer, I would have for sure gotten a V8, but I don't regret getting my V6 AT ALL! The power is all I really need right now, it is my DD so gas isn't ridiculous, it is the perfect car for me
Lol, well don't get me wrong I'm a 21 year old American Male. I definitely love everything about the V8, I just feel it makes more sense for me to get the V6.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:58 PM   #11
benji1997

Drives: 2013 IOM 2LT/RS M6
Send a message via Skype™ to benji1997
If seizures are a problem, perhaps you should consider not driving any vehicle.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:06 PM   #12
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmore View Post
Very true I'm sure at around the end of winter their will be plent of cheap used cars on the market. I paid $30,000 for my Camaro in the beginning of febuary and the insurance gave me $36,000 for it. So the deals with definitely be out there. At the same time Im really anxious for the 6th gen Camaro myself which is another reason I'm really looking for a $20,000 car, that way I will have it paid off for the 6th gen.

I'm also looking at the Saturn Sky Redline. It's a good bit faster then a V6 Camaro at the same price, and it gets 22 MPG city!
I would check the resale value on the Sky...I have a buddy who got one, doesnt really like it, not enough room and couple other little things, but he cant resale it for much, doesnt seem to be much market out there.....thats in the Atlanta area, may be different in yours....
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:07 PM   #13
walky35

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmore View Post
Na I'm sure everyone will want to know anyway. I had a seizure while driving which is a automatic license suspension. Luckily nobody got hurt in the accident(well with the exception on me,but I'm fine now)

I was 90% sure that that was u but had to ask just to make sure. Glad to hear your ok though. and hope you can find something that makes you happy. i obviously vote V8 since the engine isnt what caused the wreck.

good luck
walky35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:10 PM   #14
BlackMamba88

Drives: 2010 Challenger 345 R/T
Sorry to hear that happened bro! There are plenty of well taken care of used SS Camaro's for under $26k, as well C6 Corvettes, Challenger R/T & Mustang GT! If you're really on a tight budget a Subaru BRZ/ Hyndai Genisis Coupe/ Scion Frs/ Mustang V6/ 2011+ Challenger v6 etc are some great cars! My friend got a 2011 Mustang V6 that he changed to look like a 2013 GT500, it dynoed at 320rwhp & 275rwtq with Full Bolt-Ons! The most badass mustang v6 i ever saw, there are many options out there brother so choose wisely