#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-17-2017, 09:28 PM   #29
Evolvedx27

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetres View Post
Absolutely. Carbon fiber tube looks better, and doesn't require destroying a clamp from the OEM intake.

Speak of the devil, UPS just dropped it off! I believe the shop I ordered from places it with Atech, which is summits wholesale company. It was to be drop shipped from K/N with an estimated ship date 2 weeks out. It took 3 to ship.
I didn't even put a scratch the clamp... lol
Evolvedx27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 10:08 PM   #30
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolvedx27 View Post
I didn't even put a scratch the clamp... lol
Have you reinstalled the OEM intake? I think THAT is where reusing the OEM clamp might be difficult. Gotta get that OEM fitting back INTO the clamp, right? Just about every install video I saw that piece gets damaged, including Phastechs. But I still wanted the carbon regardless. And the KN comes with a fitting so you can keep your entire OEM intake completely intact. That appealed to me.
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 05:37 AM   #31
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Be careful with the K&N. I saw a few posts including one on a Facebook group where the person was not happy with it. Lots of complaints including the size of the filter which is much smaller than the Roto-Fab. And the seal didn't properly keep engine bay heat away so the IATs soared. But I'd like to see your review.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 09:49 AM   #32
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by IneedAZ View Post
No tune required like other years and models produced?
There will be NO tune required. Thanks!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 11:14 AM   #33
Evolvedx27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetres View Post
Have you reinstalled the OEM intake? I think THAT is where reusing the OEM clamp might be difficult. Gotta get that OEM fitting back INTO the clamp, right? Just about every install video I saw that piece gets damaged, including Phastechs. But I still wanted the carbon regardless. And the KN comes with a fitting so you can keep your entire OEM intake completely intact. That appealed to me.
I have not reinstalled it because I have no reason to do so at the moment. I'm confident that I will have no issue. Some soapy water and patience.
Old 08-18-2017, 11:16 AM   #34
Evolvedx27

I'm happy with the rotofab. Fitment is perfect. Huge air filter. Dry option offered. Proven gains.
Old 08-18-2017, 11:38 AM   #35
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
Quote:
I'm happy with the rotofab. Fitment is perfect. Huge air filter. Dry option offered. Proven gains.
I think the rotofab is great too. Definitely dig the dry filter option. K/N offers one too. Both great products that have each shown similar (mid 20s rwhp) gains.
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:05 PM   #36
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Quote:
Thanks for the vote of confidence. We've had a few ZL1 owners contact us because they were on the fence between the between purchasing the Roto-fab now or waiting to see what else comes out in the future. In 2012, we introduced our 5th Gen ZL1 intake system. It was a huge success back then and 5 years later it is still widely regarded as the best choice for the ZL1. In the early going I remember a few customers stating they would run the Roto-fab until something better came along. Not only did we surprise some of these sceptics with the performance of our intake, we also gained many repeat customers who now have our 6th gen SS or ZL1 intake system.
Like our 6th gen Camaro SS intake system, the 2017 Roto-fab ZL1 system has already been proven by many to make good power without a tune. The sound, appearance and fit are great as well. We understand how to build a quality intake system that performs. Please take a look at what Roto-fab customers have to say about the product. In fact, with any system we have on the market you will find most either consider ours to be the best or they consider it to be in the running for the top spot. We are very proud of this fact and thankful to all of you who have chosen Roto-fab!
Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 01:29 PM   #37
Sub

Thanks Rotofab. Can you chime in on oiled vs dry and why/when someone would chose either one?

Is warranty voiding on intakes still sort of a dealer by dealer decision? There never seems to be consensus around this. I suppose GM will officially state that it will void the warranty, but then there is the law that says they have to prove the damage was caused by the intake.
Old 08-18-2017, 03:25 PM   #38
tnspd

Drives: 18 Camaro ZL1 1LE (WILSON)
Glad CAI is coming out with one soon. I love the way they seal with a lid and the looks are great. The HP gain is a plus as well. I have ran the CAI version in my SS, my wife's SS, and my 5th Gen ZL1. Now I will put one in my 2018 ZL1 1LE.
tnspd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 04:27 PM   #39
Roto-fab 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub View Post
Thanks Rotofab. Can you chime in on oiled vs dry and why/when someone would chose either one?

Is warranty voiding on intakes still sort of a dealer by dealer decision? There never seems to be consensus around this. I suppose GM will officially state that it will void the warranty, but then there is the law that says they have to prove the damage was caused by the intake.
Both oiled and dry will perform very well. The major difference is maintenance. Oiled filters require cleaning with a solvent and re-oiling, but with the dry filter you just tap the dust out and blow it out lightly with regulated compressed air.

We always recommend talking to your dealer about your warranty in relation to aftermarket modifications.

Thanks!
Michael
Old 08-18-2017, 05:05 PM   #40
djfury05

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto-fab 1 View Post
Both oiled and dry will perform very well. The major difference is maintenance. Oiled filters require cleaning with a solvent and re-oiling, but with the dry filter you just tap the dust out and blow it out lightly with regulated compressed air.

We always recommend talking to your dealer about your warranty in relation to aftermarket modifications.

Thanks!
Michael
Are the dry filter ZL1 rotofab kits still on backorder?

Also check your PM's about the partial ZL1 kit with aftermarket superchargers.
djfury05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 10:02 PM   #41
Roto-fab 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfury05 View Post
Are the dry filter ZL1 rotofab kits still on backorder?

Also check your PM's about the partial ZL1 kit with aftermarket superchargers.
PM sent!
Old 08-28-2017, 01:26 PM   #42
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnspd View Post
Glad CAI is coming out with one soon. I love the way they seal with a lid and the looks are great. The HP gain is a plus as well. I have ran the CAI version in my SS, my wife's SS, and my 5th Gen ZL1. Now I will put one in my 2018 ZL1 1LE.
Thank you for your support. This system will be a game changer.
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote