Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-16-2014, 05:19 PM   #141
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man13 View Post
Just don't make the side windows 2 big. Keep it small even if it affects on visibility. Make a great car, and forget about the crappy renders, where camaro looks like a dated f40.
The Renders Should Look like this:
But Not that shitty f40 style drawnings that I've seen here. They are so tasteless.
Now that's what I'm talking about ! That actually looks more like a camaro that would be nice!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:09 PM   #142
jp23rockstar

Drives: None
All I can hope is Chevy doesn't go soft like Ford went with the Mustang.
jp23rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:59 PM   #143
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Just don't make the side windows 2 big. Keep it small even if it affects on visibility. Make a great car, and forget about the crappy renders, where camaro looks like a dated f40.
But Not that shitty f40 style drawnings that I've seen here. They are so tasteless.
Quote:
Wtf is this? Is it a camaro or a pickup with a Mazda style front? U like it?? Hmm, I know what u want: forget the camaro and buy the Mazda rx8/rx7 then go to the bangla bangers show, find a man named Leepu and ask him to transform ur Mazda into the pickup that will Look like an f40. Boom, and u will be happy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Now that's what I'm talking about ! That actually looks more like a camaro that would be nice!
Quote:

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 08:17 PM   #144
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
It looks too much like the fifth gen and the front end looks like an over exaggerated corporate grill.
Old 03-16-2014, 08:42 PM   #145
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
I'm not a troll.. If I'm a troll ure an idiot then...
Your acting like one

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:00 AM   #146
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
LOL... Call me what you want! If this is towards me!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 04:14 AM   #147
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
LOL... Call me what you want! If this is towards me!
Oh no, that wasn't meant for you lol. Somehow you got stuck in there. Sorry!

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 03-17-2014, 04:41 AM   #148
edco
Account Suspended

Drives: 07gt
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp23rockstar View Post
All I can hope is Chevy doesn't go soft like Ford went with the Mustang.
Styling
Could one say I hope Ford does not go MadMax like Chevy with the Camaro?
Undercarriage
Soft? They already bounced an '08 Mustang down the stairs in San Francisco on the Bullitt route. It made it to water front and went airborne off the flats. Yes it sparked out on the landings but the drive shaft, exhaust, oil and trans pans, and wheel alignment held intact. Plastic chin took a hit. I have owned two stangs 1970 and 2007. The under carriages are Ford truck tough. Neither rides as "soft" as Gen 5 Camaro. That is because they are Mustangs.

Could a Gen 5 Camaro do that? I think the stamped sheet steel IRS control arms would fold up like a lawn chair and never see the water front. Unlike a solid rear axle, the differential is geometrical exposed, you may lose the lube or ring gear. The four rear CVS joints are built for radial loads, they may separate with high shock axial loads. This is one route where a 20" rim. 4000#, IRS, 112" wb car does not pay off. Soft? When the 15 stang comes out-check the IRS construction, compare it Gen 5 Camaro, blind bet-it will not be anything like the Gen 5 IRS. It will be Ford truck tough. All you have to do is get on your hands knees.

Last edited by edco; 03-17-2014 at 05:06 AM.
edco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:44 AM   #149
samurai

Drives: C8 Corvette
I'm pretty sure the 6th gen "evolution, not revolution" camaro will use elements of the transformers 4 concept camaro.
samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:31 AM   #150
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by edco View Post
Soft? They already bounced an '08 Mustang down the stairs in San Francisco on the Bullitt route. It made it to water front and went airborne off the flats. Yes it sparked out on the landings but the drive shaft, exhaust, oil and trans pans, and wheel alignment held intact. Plastic chin took a hit. I have owned two stangs 1970 and 2007. The under carriages are Ford truck tough. Neither rides as "soft" as Gen 5 Camaro. That is because they are Mustangs.

Could a Gen 5 Camaro do that? I think the stamped sheet steel IRS control arms would fold up like a lawn chair and never see the water front. Unlike a solid rear axle, the differential is geometrical exposed, you may lose the lube or ring gear. The four rear CVS joints are built for radial loads, they may separate with high shock axial loads. This is one route where a 20" rim. 4000#, IRS, 112" wb car does not pay off. Soft? When the 15 stang comes out-check the IRS construction, compare it Gen 5 Camaro, blind bet-it will not be anything like the Gen 5 IRS. It will be Ford truck tough. All you have to do is get on your hands knees.

What are you talking about? Is this some kind of funny sarcasm? Nobody meant this when they used the word "soft"....I sure didn't. Nobody has even mentioned any of this.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:47 AM   #151
ALLTRBO

Drives: V8 up front and 7-spd out back FTW
Doc, just wondering if you saw this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLTRBO View Post
Unfortunately I don't have more time to respond (yes, several of your points are taken), but you do realize that that jet is a movie prop, right? It's from 2005's "Stealth". I can almost guarantee that the first thing the writers said was "Ok, let's make a plane that looks bad-ass!"

Some of my old Navy friends were on that carrier during filming. They said it was really cool (but obviously fake).
Old 03-17-2014, 08:49 AM   #152
ALLTRBO

Drives: V8 up front and 7-spd out back FTW
Quote:
I'm not a troll.. If I'm a troll ure an idiot then...
ALLTRBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:30 AM   #153
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLTRBO View Post
Doc, just wondering if you saw this?
Yeah I did. I got those pics from an email sent to me by someone who's niece was one of the test pilots. She failed to mention it was for a movie. I pretty much don't go to movies so I didn't see it or know about it. From things I've seen and know about stealth programs though, it certainly was done in the style of the way they do things.

Here's a much better example of form following pure function then; and this one is so "dated" it's unbelievable!

Name:  SR-71.jpg
Views: 1072
Size:  146.5 KB

Kelly Johnson started out with the goal to make the fastest plane in the skies and by the time they were done pursuing that goal, that was the shape they finished with... over 50 years ago. The SR-71; my personal all-time favorite and definitely one of the most beautiful aircraft ever produced. That's what I mean when I say "can't we have both?". Start with the performance and usability goals like Mark Stielow did with the Z/28, THEN put a shape around it. Even though he was already working with the shape of a Camaro, he and his team are clearly the ones who came up with the changes in the front, the back and the aero pieces. Put him and his guys together with the Design Studio team and let him be in charge of creating the 7th gen Camaro. Make it great! And keep the thing hidden so there are NO spy shots or leaked images; use a shell system that allows them to attach fake body panels around the outside to make it look like either a current model of something or a generic nothing so nobody who sees it has a clue what's underneath. Zebra stripes and black shroud coverings just don't cut it.

Start with the goals of a great driver and passenger experience (front seats) and go from there. We've already seen how good Mark is at pursuing a function; let him have a crack at the 7th gen. He's a long time Camaro enthusiast who's made many a customized Camaro, so if anybody would do it right, it would be him.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 03-17-2014, 11:41 AM   #154
eymang

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS & 1991 Vert
We can only speculate, wish or dream but I know in 2015 people will either love it or hate it. I have confidence in Gm producing a car that will blow away everything we imagine compared to what we drive. I can only imagine the many trade ups and dealers pocketing from trade ins.
eymang is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation