Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-04-2015, 06:52 PM   #1
Trans damm

Drives: Trans am
instrument display?

Think its getting the Digital Adjustable Display like the Vette?
Trans damm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 07:01 PM   #2
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
No. It's not offered on an ATS and you have to get the premium model CTS to get it.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 07:06 PM   #3
fradaj

Drives: RS
I hope it does not get any animated analog gauges like I have seen in other cars. If it goes completely digital make it a graphic display, but no fake analog speedometer or Tach. Please.
fradaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 07:25 PM   #4
Trans damm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
No. It's not offered on an ATS and you have to get the premium model CTS to get it.
ATS has ZERO influence on the Camaro. It was designed 4 years ago and was intened to be a luxury car, not a Camaro. The Cadilliac forum guys are always complaining about the dash, i wouldnt be suprised if it will be refreshed in the next year.
Old 05-04-2015, 07:25 PM   #5
wickeddeus

Drives: Black SUV
Yes to digital display(full units not like the vette's with analog mixture) but maybe only on the top models like the SS. Will likely be animated analog gauges though I'm sure it will be user adjustable to a point.
wickeddeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 07:26 PM   #6
Trans damm

Quote:
Originally Posted by fradaj View Post
I hope it does not get any animated analog gauges like I have seen in other cars. If it goes completely digital make it a graphic display, but no fake analog speedometer or Tach. Please.
If It goes Digital it will be a Graphic Display similar to the Vette.
Old 05-04-2015, 08:03 PM   #7
ChefBorOzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trans damm View Post
ATS has ZERO influence on the Camaro. It was designed 4 years ago and was intened to be a luxury car, not a Camaro. The Cadilliac forum guys are always complaining about the dash, i wouldnt be suprised if it will be refreshed in the next year.
Yes, it will be refreshed. Point is that you really need to step it up in a Cadillac to get it. It's not coming. Most cars do not have them.
Old 05-04-2015, 08:36 PM   #8
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
Quote:
Yes, it will be refreshed. Point is that you really need to step it up in a Cadillac to get it. It's not coming. Most cars do not have them.
Most don't, but then there are cars like the Dodge Dart that are cheaper than the Camaro that feature a full digital instrument display. I would like to see a full digital display, but I would be ok with a traditional speedo and tach with a digital display to show other information.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 08:47 PM   #9
ChefBorOzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3130 View Post
Most don't, but then there are cars like the Dodge Dart that are cheaper than the Camaro that feature a full digital instrument display. I would like to see a full digital display, but I would be ok with a traditional speedo and tach with a digital display to show other information.
Dodge has been offering more than others for years because they have to. The pricing on Dodge cars is ridiculously good, especially when they slap the 5k off on a 200 or Charger.. Which is often. Lol.
Old 05-04-2015, 08:52 PM   #10
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
Quote:
Dodge has been offering more than others for years because they have to. The pricing on Dodge cars is ridiculously good, especially when they slap the 5k off on a 200 or Charger.. Which is often. Lol.
Very true. I would love for Dodge to be more competitive in its segments if for no other reason than to force other manufacturers to be better, but it's hard to break brand loyalty within the auto industry for some reason.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 09:53 PM   #11
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Would love to see it as an option on any future ZL1.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 09:59 PM   #12
Trans damm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
Would love to see it as an option on any future ZL1.
I'm sure it will be. The displays are so cheap to produce now and with the amount of modes/adjustments on these cars there needs to be a configurable display. Gm doesn't like to incoperate them into the nav displays.
Old 05-04-2015, 10:04 PM   #13
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Actually, the displays will be projected on a drop down screen that will sit 3 inches from your face.
Old 05-04-2015, 10:34 PM   #14
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Actually, the displays will be projected on a drop down screen that will sit 3 inches from your face.
Don't forget the optional fighter pilot helmet with HUD.