Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-24-2016, 07:40 PM   #57
mbavon

Drives: 50 ann. Rs, V6, sunroof, nav, spl
Location: Rochester NY way upstate 3 hours from Toronto on Lake Ontario
I set my mirrors to go down in reverse and it is great. I played around a lot with the car in the driveway and setting many things up. I seemed to be successful in this endeavor. Still have a few settings to make.
mbavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 10:58 PM   #58
NinjaBum

Drives: NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin803 View Post
I would be curious to know if the people who think that there is a major visibility issue, to the extent that it would be a reason to not own one, always jumps in any type of car and closely checks out the mirrors and their lines of sight?

The reason I ask is that I have driven many different vehicles and it has NEVER been a consideration. I just quickly adjust the mirrors and I guess drive in a manner to always be aware of who is next to me, even vans that have no side windows or moving trucks, it just has never been an issue, I just drive accordingly.

It isn't something you usually look for explicitly. It is something you notice taking the test drive.

If you are used to actually being able to see by looking over your shoulders to check blind spots then it immediately jumps out at you that this car has the visibiliy of the driver's compartment in an Abrams tank.

Mayhaps people who don't notice it only really trust their mirrors in other vehicles and don't check blind spots as thoroughly as they could. If they don't do it in other cars then I can see how it doesn't bother someone.
NinjaBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 12:53 AM   #59
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
lean forward.. look at mirror. It's not hard. Bonus, you aren't taking your eyes off the road ahead of you completely while doing it.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 08:24 AM   #60
KLR ZL1
H-Town Camaro Club Member

Drives: 17 Hyper Blue Metallic KLR-ZL1
All this talk about blind spots, which every vehicle that I have ever driven has its issues with visibility. Even my temporary Malibu that I'm driving while I patiently wait for my ZL1 has visibility issues. My wife's SRX has visibility issues. All can be worked around. My question is about drive thrus. I know my G5 was very difficult to go to the bank or fast food drive thru. With a smaller window opening it has to be very difficult to. I haven't had a chance to go drive a G6 yet, but I have sat in one. Any thoughts on this.
Old 09-25-2016, 10:34 AM   #61
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
I goto a drive thru maybe once every six months ( I don't eat in my car). It is awkward in a camaro due to the high start of the window opening.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 10:59 AM   #62
mbavon

Drives: 50 ann. Rs, V6, sunroof, nav, spl
Location: Rochester NY way upstate 3 hours from Toronto on Lake Ontario
I am surprised that the car does not have folding side mirrors for drive thrus , parking in single car garages and outside ATMs at banks and such.
mbavon is offline   Reply With Quote