Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 09-15-2016, 03:43 PM   #29
Sporty

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by asimpleguy View Post
I made a few mods and got my seats to recline further back today. I'm going to do the driver side this weekend and if anyone is interested I will post pics and a how-to
That would be awesome...very interested!! Thanks
Sporty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 08:02 AM   #30
white99

Drives: 2016 Silver 2SS / 6mt
alternate seat recline option

I have been reading these posts looking for the recline option on my 2016 2SS 6MT. I drive a lot and agree that the factory recline is not quite enough. I don't get super excited about messing with upholstery so i looked at a solution to the front of the mount. Yesterday, i pulled the two seat mount bolts (T50), slipped the front clips back, set the clips on top of the floor, installed a couple of spacers, and put the mount bolts back in the rear. So, i get the recline, AND the base of the seat tilts more. I am thinking a permanent solution is to fabricate a spacer that locks into the floor clip and bolts to the seat frame clip. Anyway, wanted to get an alternative out there and see if anyone else has tried this. Warning, tipping the seat back like this does get you farther away from the pedals. I have a 1.5" spacer in there now, I am 5'10" and can get to the pedals but much more would be a stretch.
white99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 08:42 AM   #31
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by white99 View Post
I have been reading these posts looking for the recline option on my 2016 2SS 6MT. I drive a lot and agree that the factory recline is not quite enough. I don't get super excited about messing with upholstery so i looked at a solution to the front of the mount. Yesterday, i pulled the two seat mount bolts (T50), slipped the front clips back, set the clips on top of the floor, installed a couple of spacers, and put the mount bolts back in the rear. So, i get the recline, AND the base of the seat tilts more. I am thinking a permanent solution is to fabricate a spacer that locks into the floor clip and bolts to the seat frame clip. Anyway, wanted to get an alternative out there and see if anyone else has tried this. Warning, tipping the seat back like this does get you farther away from the pedals. I have a 1.5" spacer in there now, I am 5'10" and can get to the pedals but much more would be a stretch.
It would be VERY interesting to see pictures of this.
Old 09-22-2016, 03:41 PM   #32
bbrown450

Drives: 2016 Mosaic Black 2SS
Way to complicated for words....need pics of what you did for reference please
bbrown450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 03:57 PM   #33
white99

Drives: 2016 Silver 2SS / 6mt
Quote:
Originally Posted by white99 View Post
Update. i will send pics as soon as i finish the mount. probably next week. i have been driving with the temporary mod for a few days now and the recline and seat base angle are much better.
white99 is offline   Reply With Quote