Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 04-25-2024, 06:57 AM   #1
CJZ-SS1LE

Drives: 2022 camaro SS 1LE
Ported MSD versus Carbon fiber PTR?

So have a 12.5 cr daily driven 427 with CID big bore heads featuring 2.225 manley hollow stainless in, inconel manley ex, che guides, all the good stuff, flow numbers were 398cfm at 650 lift. Custom cam by cam motion, nothing crazy it was speced for stock stall til i decide to change that, specs are 230/242 640/630 116+4. Anyway all other specs are below in my sig.

Ive been looking at getting the VFN high ram hood as i like the look of it and if i do ill have room for a high ram. Which to me i love the look of the ptr carbon fiber high ram. Anyone got some thoughts on changing out the ported MSD for the ptr, what kind of gains? Car has tons of low end id love lil more top end. Dont get me wrong, it does pull great and hard to 6850 which is where i have my cutoff. This is a daily, just fun car, but would love the look of the ptr if its worth it. Car has E flex fuel as well as all other goodies fbo.
2022 Camaro SS 1LE, 427 Darton sleeved, Diamond pistons, Callies ultra rods, Callies crank, King bearings, ARP throughout, Cometic gaskets, large bore ported CID heada, Cam motion custom cam, C7R chain, Schumann oil pump, BTR pushrods, Johnson lifters, MSD intake, Katech 103mm tb, Rotofab cai, Kooks 1 7/8 headers, 3 in mandrel custom exhaust. Hp T93 TCM.

Last edited by CJZ-SS1LE; 04-25-2024 at 07:25 AM.
CJZ-SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 06:51 PM   #2
Judy1le

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJZ-SS1LE View Post
So have a 12.5 cr daily driven 427 with CID big bore heads featuring 2.225 manley hollow stainless in, inconel manley ex, che guides, all the good stuff, flow numbers were 398cfm at 650 lift. Custom cam by cam motion, nothing crazy it was speced for stock stall til i decide to change that, specs are 230/242 640/630 116+4. Anyway all other specs are below in my sig.

Ive been looking at getting the VFN high ram hood as i like the look of it and if i do ill have room for a high ram. Which to me i love the look of the ptr carbon fiber high ram. Anyone got some thoughts on changing out the ported MSD for the ptr, what kind of gains? Car has tons of low end id love lil more top end. Dont get me wrong, it does pull great and hard to 6850 which is where i have my cutoff. This is a daily, just fun car, but would love the look of the ptr if its worth it. Car has E flex fuel as well as all other goodies fbo.
Check out this youtube link where they compared the MSD, Highram, and Carbon PTR. PTR looks pretty sweet. Ive looked around and see where a ported MSD will lose a negligible amount down low and gain 10-15whp up top. Im curious what you could do with the PTR since they have the ability to swap out runners for different lengths.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m2-ag2hsHiQ

Do you have a dyno sheet of your build btw?
Judy1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2024, 07:59 AM   #3
CJZ-SS1LE

Drives: 2022 camaro SS 1LE
I do and dont i have a first dyno but the tune was off quite a bit and i got one of the best wking on it now. Ill be going back to the dyno here shortly when its all done. We are tweeking the E tune and such.
2022 Camaro SS 1LE, 427 Darton sleeved, Diamond pistons, Callies ultra rods, Callies crank, King bearings, ARP throughout, Cometic gaskets, large bore ported CID heada, Cam motion custom cam, C7R chain, Schumann oil pump, BTR pushrods, Johnson lifters, MSD intake, Katech 103mm tb, Rotofab cai, Kooks 1 7/8 headers, 3 in mandrel custom exhaust. Hp T93 TCM.
CJZ-SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote