Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 11-05-2015, 12:59 AM   #1
alfonsoj23

Drives: 2014 camaro ls
wow...

I'm a little bored so I went over to the mustang forums and see what they're talking about.... man those guys over there talk a lot about the new camaro... the visibility/weight/price/looks... lol
alfonsoj23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 04:58 AM   #2
bybcous

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS
You get a new tpw?
Best so far 11.5 at 123 with a 1.83 60ft. BMR lower and upper trailing arms and upper control arms,E85
DELIVERED 12/29/15
http://youtube.com/bybcous " no talking only racing on my youtube"
bybcous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 09:20 AM   #3
Gen_Nick3.8

Drives: 22 ZL1 1LE
Mustang 6G is actually a really good forum those guys are very respectful car enthusiasts
Gen_Nick3.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 09:38 AM   #4
xgnxs

Drives: 2005 Cobalt Base - 5 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen_Nick3.8 View Post
Mustang 6G is actually a really good forum those guys are very respectful car enthusiasts
Probably overall. But have you seen the camaro threads..? I've never seen a larger collection of denial in my life. They try SO hard to discredit the new camaro / GM, and at the end of the day, who cares? Guess what, the next gen mustang will (probably) be faster than the 6th gen camaro. I say probably because the 6th gen mustang (is that what they're currently on?) is about as fast as the 5th gen mustang. Yeah, that sucks for them. It sucks they thought they were getting weight loss and didn't. It sucks that they thought they'd be getting a significantly faster car and didn't. But again, at the end of the day, who cares? Are there going to be members on here writing post after post after post after post about HOW IT'S JUST NOT POSSIBLE THAT THE MUSTANG WEIGHS WHAT IT DOES OMG YOU GUYS SRSLY IT'S JUST NOT POSSIBLE LOOK AT THESE NUMBERS and these ones and these ones and these ones OVER AND OVER AND OVER. A lighter car with more power CANNOT outperform a heavier car with less power! No way! Here, I calculated the average torque output and our car is superior! Look! Look! There's no way the car weighs what GM says! Even though we have official curb weights. And magazines have weighed it. Look at what happened with the ATS-V! They estimated it at 3700 but IT ENDED UP WEIGHING 3809 OMG THAT'S RIDICULOUS GM LIED. There's no way the car is that fast! GM SENDS OUT RINGERS YOU GUYS. YOU GUYS. YOU GUYS SERIOUSLY. There's no way a fully broken in LS7 makes that much power! IT IS A TUNED CAR. Motor (I mean Chevy) Trend did an entire test at Laguna Seca of the 6th gen SS vs GT and it had to be dropped because the GT outperformed the SS!

It is. Insane. Over there. I cannot, and do not, understand it.
xgnxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 09:44 AM   #5
brutusvk

Drives: future 2016 SS
Sad. Their entire ego is wrapped up in their cars. I like the mustang. Never considered buying one because I didn't want to associate with the mustang crowd. Every day a neeer mustang tried to race me in my Z. I did get a fair amount of hoy in humiliating them. Forced induction is good.
brutusvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 10:03 AM   #6
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutusvk View Post
Sad. Their entire ego is wrapped up in their cars. I like the mustang. Never considered buying one because I didn't want to associate with the mustang crowd. Every day a neeer mustang tried to race me in my Z. I did get a fair amount of hoy in humiliating them. Forced induction is good.
That is with every single crowd, doesn't matter what brand. I rarely go to cars and coffee anymore nor car club events. I got minivans and trucks wanting to race me daily with my evo let alone all the mustangs, camaros... Why I could care less what a vehicle might associate you with a crowd. Enjoy the vehicle, screw the others haha.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 10:07 AM   #7
ParisTNDude
Owning SSes for 50 Years

Drives: Sharkskin Grey LT1
I wonder if anyone remembers how many comments were posted on the Camaro5 forum when the newer GT500 trounced the ZL1?

Previous Performance Cars:

1966 Chevelle SS 4M, 2010 Corvette 6M
1968 Dodge Charger R/T Auto 2012 1SS 6M
1982 Corvette Auto 2010 1SS 6A
1984 Corvette Auto 2016 2SS 8A
1999 Camaro Auto 2017 HBM 1SS 1le
2002 C5 Corvette 6M 2018 2SS
2006 Corvette Auto 2023 Camaro LT1
ParisTNDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 10:13 AM   #8
BahamaTodd

Drives: 08 Accord V6/M6 / 04 Canyon Z71
Every camp is going to have level headed guys, and the disrespectful fanboys. Unfortunately, its the latter that are more boisterous which makes it seem they represent the attitude for the entire group. Ford, Chevy, Mopar - they're all the same. Its threads like this that also add to the negativity. Just ignore it.
BahamaTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 10:15 AM   #9
brutusvk

The mustang folks are worse. lol I am speaking of car shows especially. There are several fanboys at my work too. They try to talk cars but it is all bs. All hypothetical and no track time. Then I remind them, I am their boss and I have a beast of a nova in my garage that doubles their hp and weighs less. lol
Old 11-05-2015, 10:21 AM   #10
bhavyas

Drives: 2016 1SS Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfonsoj23 View Post
I'm a little bored so I went over to the mustang forums and see what they're talking about.... man those guys over there talk a lot about the new camaro... the visibility/weight/price/looks... lol
You just had to poke.... Didnt you... ... To be frank i dont care what people on mustang forums do or say... But its getting a little tiring over here that every other day we start talking about guys over there and their stupid comments... I mean lets not be them and bicker about what they say ... They choose to be ignorant or stupid thats their call... But let's just talk about camaro over here than ..hey see I saw some stupid comment by an ignorant user at mustang forums... Let's talk about that...

I love this forum because I see a lot of people who even though love camaros respect the opponents and have good points to talk about... Lets concentrate on that... Peace !!!
bhavyas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 10:27 AM   #11
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutusvk View Post
The mustang folks are worse. lol I am speaking of car shows especially. There are several fanboys at my work too. They try to talk cars but it is all bs. All hypothetical and no track time. Then I remind them, I am their boss and I have a beast of a nova in my garage that doubles their hp and weighs less. lol
And people in this thread (forum) complain about the sh*t people on other forums say... Oh the irony.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 10:31 AM   #12

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
If you must comment, there are plenty of threads to do so in the VS forum....

Here's one, for example....

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=428328

But, if they know they have an audience, it won't get any better over there, unfortunately....a few bad apples, etc., etc.,....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 10:32 AM   #13
bhavyas

Drives: 2016 1SS Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curr View Post
And people in this thread (forum) complain about the sh*t people on other forums say... Oh the irony.
Exactly my thoughts...
bhavyas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 10:38 AM   #14
brutusvk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curr View Post

I called the folks on here out too. I am not a brand loyalist. I have everything from nissan to ram to vw. I like all things with wheels. I don't like the idiot fans in general. In MY experience the mustang folks were simply the most vocal and annoying.