Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 11-03-2015, 02:16 PM   #15
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
Exactly...Z06 would be the car I would buy, or even loaded Stingray for that money...but I love the Camaro and happy with my decision.
No doubt! I went with a 2SS as well. I couldve gotten a c7 z51 np but didn't as I really want the LT4 so decided to save me about 20k and get the 2SS instead. If ZL1 indeed does have the LT4... things will be getting extremely difficulty in my life lol.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 02:52 PM   #16
tuckermaclain

Drives: 2016 Cadillac ATS-V coupe
The next ZL 1 is what my heart wanted. The ATS V will do very well as a fun work car. We'll see what happens in 2017. My wife would not be happy with me buying two expensive cars. But, I've worked hard to get to where I am. I'm still waiting to see the ZL1.
tuckermaclain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 02:55 PM   #17
juzefzoozoo

Drives: 2012 997.2 911 GTS, 6mt
I was considering the ATS-V but the SS is cooler, lighter, just as fast if not faster, And... $10K to $15K cheaper.
juzefzoozoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 03:00 PM   #18
G8DUDE

Drives: Pontiac G8 GT
I would absolutely go for an ATS-V, but I'm pretty big on turbo 6's and what can be done with minimal mods/tuning. Having said that, they cost WAYYYY too much in my humble opinion. I considered waiting for a used one once it comes down to new 2SS money but that's just crazy to hold out for a depreciated car when you can get most of the same performance with a new SS. I just need that damn back seat, slightly bigger trunk, and 2 extra doors but honestly I don't think you'll be disappointed at all.
G8DUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 03:27 PM   #19
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckermaclain View Post
The next ZL 1 is what my heart wanted. The ATS V will do very well as a fun work car. We'll see what happens in 2017. My wife would not be happy with me buying two expensive cars. But, I've worked hard to get to where I am. I'm still waiting to see the ZL1.
Needless to say, ATSV is a very legit and great vehicle. Both performance and regular driving. You will not be disappointed. But... If your heart is set on the gen6 ZL1, like mine is... No one nor anything will be able to change that. It's called LOVE!

Why I went with a 2SS and goodies instead of a c7 z51 (44 vs 65). Even though my wife will 1000% kill me when she sees the ZL1 that magically will appear in the garage in 2 years or so... It'll be worth it.

Since you did get the ATSV though, you will be extremely close on getting a full trade for it if not a full trade (private sale ftw) if you decide to grab a ZL1. You won't be loosing much money on it and gain hopefully an LT4, nothing like a supercharged v8
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 04:26 PM   #20
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
I was pretty stoked about the new Camaro. My wife and I tested a 2015 and she didn't like the lack of visibility. Truthfully, I wasn't really thrilled about it either. Long story short, a 2017 ZL-1 was my car. After a lot of consideration, I ordered a 2016 Cadillac ATS-V. Haven't received it yet, but I can't wait! I still may get a Camaro later-who knows? Anyway, any of you considered a CTS-V, ATS-V or a Vette? What are your thoughts on them? GM is now building some of the very best World-Class cars.
Cool car, but the price is way more than I would want and I am not a pure fan of the look based on my style. #AmericanMuscle ... well whats left of it anyways...
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 05:34 PM   #21
pdoherty972

Drives: 2013 370Z sports
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post
Yes, but I work where people would look at it and say "you get paid too much".

A Camaro, on the other hand, doesn't have that same stigma.

--kC
You call it stigma, but others might call that 'status' or 'prestige'. Without that aspect no one would ever pay what BMW and Mercedes are asking.
pdoherty972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 05:42 PM   #22
SacraMaro

Drives: 2014 1SS/RS, M6, NPP
No go on a six cylinder. Either CTS-V or Silverado if I outgrow the four seats in the Camaro...

2017 ZL1? Did I miss a major development?

2002 Black on Black Convertible Z/28, M6 History
2002 Sunset Orange Metallic Z/28, M6 History
1981 Gold Berlinetta, Auto History
1976 C10 Stepside, History
SacraMaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 06:41 PM   #23
Imp
Dodges all the cones

Drives: Soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdoherty972 View Post
You call it stigma, but others might call that 'status' or 'prestige'. Without that aspect no one would ever pay what BMW and Mercedes are asking.
No one where I am drive those either.

--kC
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 07:16 PM   #24
Johnman

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 convertible IOM
2017 ZL1? Did I miss a major development?[/QUOTE]

A disguised Camaro with a different hood/extractor vent and front fascia has already been spotted testing. Either a ZL1 or Z28.
Johnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 07:22 PM   #25
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
I was pretty stoked about the new Camaro. My wife and I tested a 2015 and she didn't like the lack of visibility. Truthfully, I wasn't really thrilled about it either. Long story short, a 2017 ZL-1 was my car. After a lot of consideration, I ordered a 2016 Cadillac ATS-V. Haven't received it yet, but I can't wait! I still may get a Camaro later-who knows? Anyway, any of you considered a CTS-V, ATS-V or a Vette? What are your thoughts on them? GM is now building some of the very best World-Class cars.
Congrats on the purchase!

The ATS-V is basically a 4 door camaro that GM doesn't make. I love it but can't afford it! I hope the next gen SS (sedan) is a Chevy version of the ATS-V with the Camaro SS powertrain options... that would get my attention!
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 07:53 AM   #26
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
I have not, I have a self imposed $55k limit. Anymore and I'd have to start cutting corners and that's definitely not what I want to do. Nice cars, but I'm much more a fan of big V8's.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 08:03 AM   #27
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
I think if you were looking for more of a touring coupe than a muscle car, the ATS-V would be the way to go. It's a Cadillac so it's obviously going to have more creature comforts and a better warranty than a Chevy.

I would definitely be interested to drive one, though. Not really to own one, however. I honestly think the Camaro looks much more sharp than the ATS-V anyway. The Caddy seems kinda frumpy.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 11:39 AM   #28
RenegadeSS

Drives: Camaro LLT
I was actually considering a certified used cadillac CTS V Sport. Check this one out. http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...02664101&Log=0