Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 11-04-2015, 01:24 PM   #15
G-10

Drives: 2016 Chevy Camaro 2SS
It's all relative. Some people over 6 feet have shorter legs and long torso. Some are long legged and shorter from the waste up.
Have you ever seen a really tall guy in an older Jag or MG convertible. Pretty comical with there head above the top of the windshield! LOL
Old 11-04-2015, 01:40 PM   #16
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
I drive a 2013 1LE with sunroof. I am 5'10" and I fit ok but I would be hitting the top with a helmet. I like the fact that I can let additional light in the dark bunker-like cabin but I don't actually open it that much. It only opens up like a foot. If you are on a budget I would put that $900 toward MRC, NPP exhaust, upgraded wheels, etc.
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 01:46 PM   #17
Whitespeed

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE & 1973 Datsun 240Z
I'm 6'7", but with a 38" inseam, so I'm all legs :-) I had adequate headroom in a gen 5 with no sunroof and no helmet on. But with a helmet on, I was wedged in pretty good, and I had to recline the seat more than I would have liked.

I'm anxiously awaiting the opportunity to actually try a gen6. Early specifications showed that the gen 6 LOST nearly an inch of headroom (36.6") compared with the gen 5 (37.4")! But the lead designer stated that there was more headroom in the gen 6. Indeed, the specifications in the current edition of Motor Trend list a 1" gain in headroom (38.5"). I don't know what to think at this point.

There is no set standard for interior measurements, so it's near impossible to make a judgement of how you will fit until you try it. I passed up a chance to buy the last 2015 SS 1LE available locally in hopes that the 2016 has more room. I'll be very sad if it turns out I don't fit in the 2016.

Nigel
Whitespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 11:20 AM   #18
Noob

Drives: AUDI 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
I am 6'5 and can't fit in a Gen 5 with sunroof. So how does that work....
it worked better than in a C7 ...ok, in this the problem was´nt the headroom, it was the legroom..but i heard some guys in germany take out the seat limit switch and so the seat move another 1,5cm more backwards, which makes a BIG difference when you have long legs like me.
Headrests are not adjustable in C7 which let me felt really unsafe and seats are relative small too !

Mustang has very good seats, imho and ergonomic interior, i felt glorious from the first sec. but i want a sunroof ...f... Ford your Stang has enuogh headroom for tall people and you still wont offer a sunroof ....IDIOTS again
Noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 12:22 PM   #19
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob View Post
it worked better than in a C7 ...ok, in this the problem was´nt the headroom, it was the legroom..but i heard some guys in germany take out the seat limit switch and so the seat move another 1,5cm more backwards, which makes a BIG difference when you have long legs like me.
Headrests are not adjustable in C7 which let me felt really unsafe and seats are relative small too !

Mustang has very good seats, imho and ergonomic interior, i felt glorious from the first sec. but i want a sunroof ...f... Ford your Stang has enuogh headroom for tall people and you still wont offer a sunroof ....IDIOTS again
I am going to need to do this regardless in my Camaro. I drive 2 hours into work and that last 30 minutes my legs cramp up from being bent in my Gen5. Damn stop and go LA traffic.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 03:43 PM   #20
rimhof

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
How tall are you?
6'4"
rimhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 11:54 AM   #21
SSNYSTR

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post
The tallest person I am aware of that has sat in the driver seat and felt comfortable is 6'4 so I think you will be just fine! I am 6'3 and 260 so we shall see how I feel lol. May have to go with "weight reduction bro" for myself and not the car haha.
I'm 6'5 370 and I'm comfortable in my car. I have a few inches above my head. I don't have a sunroof. Was wondering the same about the new cars.....I heard these seats sit lower also. So hopefully I'd be comfortable with a sunroof.
SSNYSTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 09:22 AM   #22
Dinosoar

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT
Head room

here's the rub. Chevy lists (on their site) the head room as 36.6". This is presumed to be without the sunroof, but it doesn't really say. I cannot imagine if the sunroof took an inch away from that figure!

Motor Trend's COTY article (for which the Camaro won ) lists headroom at 38.5"...a huge difference! I am 6'2" and like a fairly upright position. 38.5 works, 36.6 probably won't. This spec is a make or break factor for me. I have no problem getting into a Mustang GT, but let's face it, it is the inferior car for the time being...unless I scrape enough together for a GT350.

In short, I have to sit in 2016 to find out, but that's proving difficult as the cars come in sold and they won't let any one sit in them at my dealership (which is thoroughly lame, but...).
Dinosoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 09:24 AM   #23
Dinosoar

Head room

Chevy lists (on their site) the head room as 36.6". This is presumed to be without the sunroof, but it doesn't really say. I cannot imagine if the sunroof took an inch away from that figure!

Here's the rub....Motor Trend's COTY article (for which the Camaro won ) lists headroom at 38.5"...a huge difference! I am 6'2" and like a fairly upright position. 38.5 works, 36.6 probably won't. This spec is a make or break factor for me. I have no problem getting into a Mustang GT, but let's face it, it is the inferior car for the time being...unless I scrape enough together for a GT350.

In short, I have to sit in 2016 to find out, but that's proving difficult as the cars come in sold and they won't let any one sit in them at my dealership (which is thoroughly lame, but...).
Old 12-16-2015, 09:31 AM   #24
Dinosoar

Head room

Chevy lists (on their site) the head room as 36.6". This is presumed to be without the sunroof, but it doesn't really say. I cannot imagine if the sunroof took an inch away from that figure!

Here's the rub....Motor Trend's COTY article (for which the Camaro won ) lists headroom at 38.5"...a huge difference! I am 6'2" and like a fairly upright position. 38.5 works, 36.6 probably won't. This spec is a make or break factor for me. I have no problem getting into a Mustang GT, but let's face it, it is the inferior car for the time being...unless I scrape enough together for a GT350.

Old 12-16-2015, 11:53 AM   #25
Whitespeed

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE & 1973 Datsun 240Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitespeed View Post
I'm 6'7", but with a 38" inseam, so I'm all legs :-) I had adequate headroom in a gen 5 with no sunroof and no helmet on. But with a helmet on, I was wedged in pretty good, and I had to recline the seat more than I would have liked.

I'm anxiously awaiting the opportunity to actually try a gen6. Early specifications showed that the gen 6 LOST nearly an inch of headroom (36.6") compared with the gen 5 (37.4")! But the lead designer stated that there was more headroom in the gen 6. Indeed, the specifications in the current edition of Motor Trend list a 1" gain in headroom (38.5"). I don't know what to think at this point.

There is no set standard for interior measurements, so it's near impossible to make a judgement of how you will fit until you try it. I passed up a chance to buy the last 2015 SS 1LE available locally in hopes that the 2016 has more room. I'll be very sad if it turns out I don't fit in the 2016.

Nigel
I found a local dealer with a gen6 Camaro (2LT), but it had a sunroof. Tried it anyway, and I fit. My hair just touched the roof though, and I tend to sit in a more reclined position. There's no way I'd fit with a helmet on, and if you prefer to sit more upright, and are tall in the body (I wear tall size shirts), you may have trouble with the sunroof even without a helmet.

Still waiting to find a Camaro with no sunroof, but it looks like most of the dealers are ordering up fully loaded cars.

Nigel
Whitespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 12:01 PM   #26
chuckclanton

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
Did anyone get a chance to sit in a Camaro equipped with sunroof?
How much does it lower the roof height?
I am 5'10''....will it be comfortable for me to sit in it?
Any input is appreciated!!
If you are going to autocross don't order a sunroof! Helmut probably won't clear!
chuckclanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 12:04 PM   #27
Jstyle

Drives: 2016 White 2SS on order
I actually had to get the dealer to take back my 2011 IOM 2SS with a sunroof and they let me exchange it for a CG 2SS with no sunroof because I only had the car for 48 hours and they didn't turn the paperwork in. My problem is when I test drove the IOM I was wearing a hat so I didn't really realize my head rubbed the headliner the whole time. As soon I drove to work the next day I quickly realized it wasn't going to work. I tried to lower the seat and recline as much as possible. I even considered going with the old school buzz cut.

All of that being said I sat in a Red 2016 2SS with a sunroof and I had no problems at all.

Gen5 roof too low Gen6 just right...
Old 12-16-2015, 12:07 PM   #28
jdasnt3

Drives: 18 Silverado 1500
Good news, I'm 6'3" and my son is 6'4". We have a sunroof and we both fit comfortably. I have the seat as low as possible, but I don't need it all the way at the rear stop.