Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-05-2018, 03:40 PM   #1
mvan25

Drives: 2018 Camaro LS - RS package
Upgrade my exhaust!!

Looking to make my LS I4 sound a little more intimidating! Ive seen a few exhaust kits in the 500$ range on Phastek but I'm interested to hear any suggestions. (also my first post on camaro6)

Last edited by mvan25; 02-06-2018 at 03:14 PM.
mvan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 04:38 PM   #2
DarkFangz1100

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
MRT V3 is what I have with a ZZP catless...it's a tad raspy at high rpms but idle and driving it sounds good. Also, it's not a V4 it's an I4 �� and of course welcome to the site.

https://www.phastekperformance.com/2...ust-91u822.htm
Old 02-05-2018, 05:44 PM   #3
ChicagoTommy

Drives: 2017 Camaro; 2017 Acadia Denali
FYI, not a "V" cylinder arrangement. It's an inline 4 cylinder.
to invalidate anyone's personal views or thoughts, nor is it a condemnation of anyone's
race, religion, sex, sexual preferences, handicaps, or intellectual abilities.
ChicagoTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 07:00 AM   #4
whiskeyfed
Pat

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT I4 Turbo A8
I just installed the SLP Loudmouth from Phastek as well. It sounds really good. I also have the ZZP Catted downpipe. It is way louder than the stock mufflers. I set my dads car alarm off this morning and he was not happy. However, if you don't mind the volume, it sounds really nice for an I4. As DarkFangz said, it does tend to get a bit raspy with high RPM shifts but I like the extra noise, brings a little more life to the car and the driving experience overall. As an added bonus, you get some pops crackles and gurgles to bring out your 8 year old giggle.

Welcome to the forum OP!

Subscribe on YouTube Whiskeyfed Camaro

Follow my Build Thread The WhiskeyFed Camaro

Current Modifications: JacFab Boost-O-Lator, Injen Evolution CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM 3" Charge Pipe, Mishimoto Oil Filtration/Coolant Systems, R1 Concepts Brakes Package, Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, PTP Lava Exhaust Wrap & Turbo Blanket

DYNO SHEET: 297whp / 374wtq
Tuned by #danytechtuning
whiskeyfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 01:06 PM   #5
DarkFangz1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyfed View Post
I just installed the SLP Loudmouth from Phastek as well. It sounds really good. I also have the ZZP Catted downpipe. It is way louder than the stock mufflers. I set my dads car alarm off this morning and he was not happy. However, if you don't mind the volume, it sounds really nice for an I4. As DarkFangz said, it does tend to get a bit raspy with high RPM shifts but I like the extra noise, brings a little more life to the car and the driving experience overall. As an added bonus, you get some pops crackles and gurgles to bring out your 8 year old giggle.

Welcome to the forum OP!
This is well said. The setting car alarms off is quite funny. Was driving through the mall the other day and set off a few in second gear because I was being a dick to a mustang who revved at me to speed in a parking lot. The backfire is also pretty pleasing if you don't mind the rasp and noise.

Any exhaust system will run you from I think the lowest I saw for manufacturers is $300 for an axle back and between 1k-1.5k for a catback....you could always hit a local shop and have them Fab one for you
Old 02-06-2018, 03:34 PM   #6
mvan25

Drives: 2018 Camaro LS - RS package
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyfed View Post

Welcome to the forum OP!
How is the noise while inside of the car? I've heard that loudmouth can be quite excessively loud!
mvan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 04:03 PM   #7
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
They are all quite loud inside the car. It's a personal preference.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 07:29 AM   #8
whiskeyfed
Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvan25 View Post
How is the noise while inside of the car? I've heard that loudmouth can be quite excessively loud!
From 2.5-3k RPM, basically everything vibrates. But other than that... nah, its still pretty loud in the car. HOWEVER! When i am cruising in auto mode, there is basically no drone at all, quite quiet honestly. Until you step on it.

Like Kevin said, if you don't mind the noise, great option. He's got mufflers on his American Thunder and I don't. I doubt this really changes anything but the note of the exhaust. I'll say again that it is pretty damn loud inside and outside. All does come down to PP.

I will link a couple videos when they upload to youtube although the videos don't really give a good example of the exhaust in person.

If you are on IG, shoot me a message there as I am much more active there.

Current Modifications: JacFab Boost-O-Lator, Injen Evolution CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM 3" Charge Pipe, Mishimoto Oil Filtration/Coolant Systems, R1 Concepts Brakes Package, Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, PTP Lava Exhaust Wrap & Turbo Blanket

Tuned by #danytechtuning
Old 02-07-2018, 07:44 AM   #9
whiskeyfed
Pat

https://youtu.be/wGvc9U3gruE

Tuned by #danytechtuning
Old 02-07-2018, 07:45 AM   #10
whiskeyfed
Pat

https://youtu.be/4RYqg8D8IMg

Tuned by #danytechtuning
Old 02-07-2018, 10:13 AM   #11
DarkFangz1100

...MRT W/ Catless ZZP...I'll take a driving video later when I go to AutoZone
Old 02-07-2018, 08:41 PM   #12
maykol

Drives: 2017 2.0 camaro a8
https://youtu.be/EqpKX1evjFE Here is my its zzp catless downpipe and hooker blackheart axle back with mufflers
maykol is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro ls, camaro ls exhaust, exhaust