Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-08-2013, 07:42 PM   #99
rickr9504

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1 LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Why do you think I am trying to make you hate your Camaro?

My point is there is no perfect car that is equipped to please every owner, you can't please everyone. Cars are built to appeal to a target group. Obviously the Camaro and Mustang target does not include Auto Climate control or push button start. But don't count either out on the next generations of either car.
I was joking, didn't you see the smiley face?

I agree with what you just said, except the Mustang offers Auto Climate control.

I use to not care about those fancy gadgets when I was 20, now that I am 40, I like my comfort in my red sports car, I just can't afford a M5. But that is just me.

OK just kidding, I don't care either for them now, I just think the car is too expensive for what it gives, that's it. I guess we have to thank all those government regulations for that.

Quote:
The other reason cars are so expensive, in the American market, is the demands from the union on the automakers. In 2005, American auto workers were making $70 an hour (taking into account all their benefits) in comparison to the nonunion foreign auto manufacturers whose employees were making $50. In 2008, the U.S. automakers were broke and many investors in GM lost their savings. The bailout cost U.S. citizens billions and still today the 26 percent stock holdings of U.S. citizens via the government in GM is at a loss of nearly $14 billion. What is being exchanged in this case is the buying power of the dollar; in other words, $1 today is equal to 14 cents compared to when cars had options and customers had choices (1965).
From this page: http://www.nvdaily.com/lifestyle/201...-expensive.php
Old 09-08-2013, 07:49 PM   #100
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickr9504 View Post
I was joking, didn't you see the smiley face?

I agree with what you just said, except the Mustang offers Auto Climate control.

I use to not care about those fancy gadgets when I was 20, now that I am 40, I like my comfort in my red sports car, I just can't afford a M5. But that is just me.

OK just kidding, I don't care either for them now, I just think the car is too expensive for what it gives, that's it. I guess we have to thank all those government regulations for that.

From this page: http://www.nvdaily.com/lifestyle/201...-expensive.php
I was looking at the 2013 standard and options and auto climate control wasn't listed. At least not on the GT Premimum.
Ok it's in the breakdown of the electronics package... You have to buy a bunch of stuff to get it.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:55 PM   #101
rickr9504

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1 LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I was looking at the 2013 standard and options and auto climate control wasn't listed. At least not on the GT Premimum.

Try here: http://www.cars.com/ford/mustang/201...nt/&myid=13653
Old 09-08-2013, 08:07 PM   #102
ucla

Drives: 2010 2ss, 67 fastback & vert stangs
I dont understand people who say they dont need any of these features like seriously???? Makes no sense, if you're someone who is able to utilize these instruments why wouldn't you want these amenities???? Gm needs to focus on the new generation instead of old generations in which most of the population can't even connect to bluetooth. So not to be disrespectful but if we want to be rational here all the people that say they dont need or want these ameneties need to take a second and realize what they are saying. People day they dont even need power windows well than to the people that dont want new features maybe they should go buy an older car? Because i completely agree that camaros need to implement NEW?(not really but anyway...) climate control like features.
ucla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:13 PM   #103
MARINE1991

Drives: COTW 8/29/11 2010 CAMARO
I was so shocked and annoyed when it didn't come standard with rocket ship tips almost traded it in when no one waves to me Eaither
MARINE1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:15 PM   #104
2011*Camaro*SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Vert
The only reason I wish we had electronic Climate Control is so there would be an "Auto" button cause here in Texas it'll be freezing in the morning so you have the heater on then you go to school and get out for lunch and its scorching so you auto start your car and the freaking heater is still on...
Old 09-08-2013, 10:59 PM   #105
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
Damn, I really wish people grew their mullets back and started using the right pedal on these cars
Old 09-08-2013, 11:52 PM   #106
IowaGuy

Drives: 2013 Cyber Gray Metallic Chevy Volt
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucla View Post
I dont understand people who say they dont need any of these features like seriously???? Makes no sense, if you're someone who is able to utilize these instruments why wouldn't you want these amenities???? Gm needs to focus on the new generation instead of old generations in which most of the population can't even connect to bluetooth. So not to be disrespectful but if we want to be rational here all the people that say they dont need or want these ameneties need to take a second and realize what they are saying. People day they dont even need power windows well than to the people that dont want new features maybe they should go buy an older car? Because i completely agree that camaros need to implement NEW?(not really but anyway...) climate control like features.
Because some want a fast pony car. Features tend to add weight. Weight hurts performance. I get that the market for cars that just look fast while pampering the driver is huge. That doesn't mean I have to like it. There's a lot of ricers who drive the latest us/Canada made pony cars.

It's not that us old farts can't use tech...it's that we don't need to suckle from its teets every waking moment.

Now low weight options, bring them on! HUD is a great example of tech done right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 09-08-2013, 11:53 PM   #107
AdamEL
Adam E. Lucchesi

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS LS3 VR
Send a message via AIM to AdamEL
AdamEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:55 PM   #108
harrycamaro

Drives: 2010 camaro lt w/ chrome 20's
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucla View Post
I know what I'm saying. I'm 20 and grew up spoiled with technology. I don't like some of the new things companies put on car. It's stupid an distracting when I drive. My 2010 lt has is good how it is. No complaints on features. I like simple but not too simple when I drive. Power windows, ac , aux jack, and that's pretty much it.
harrycamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:18 AM   #109
AGM 1LE

Drives: 14 SS/ 1LE
why do you need climate control? it has a knob for temp, red is hot and blue is cold.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:30 AM   #110
Supercamaro64
Right, right.

Drives: 79 Z28, 86 Camaro, 94 Burb 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrycamaro View Post
I know what I'm saying. I'm 20 and grew up spoiled with technology. I don't like some of the new things companies put on car. It's stupid an distracting when I drive. My 2010 lt has is good how it is. No complaints on features. I like simple but not too simple when I drive. Power windows, ac , aux jack, and that's pretty much it.
i agree completely. Im 21, and my truck is 20 years old. It has power windows, a/c, and i put a head deck in it, so i have an auxillary jack. Thats all i really need. Sure, the other stuff is nice, but meh. I work at a gm dealer, so i see the brand new impalas/trucks/malibus etc every day. I get in those cars and think, "this is cool!" But its not like im wishing my truck had all the new fancy features. Except maybe HUD. HUD is awesome. I could deal with THAT technology in the ol' burb.
Supercamaro64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:45 AM   #111
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPAJETSKI View Post
Im old school. I dont need half the gadgets that the car already has. Power windows, AC, power steering, power brakes, and a radio are all the amenities i need in a muscle car.
I'm new school (19) and could live without the AC and radio

In the 4 years I have has my Camaro I have used the AC less than 10 times granted its not a daily diver but I know some people that can't leave their garage without turning on the AC. Even in my daily driver I only use the AC when I have other passengers in the car which is rare most of the time.
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:49 AM   #112
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
I am guessing that you wont be getting the Z28.
Built: 3-30-09 (#1691)
Recieved: 6-12-09

Blacked out, Cammed (Lunati Voodoo 233/245, .578/.598 @114°, +4°), ARH LTs, VR OTR CAI, Cutouts, and lots of other fun mods.
Bell040 is offline   Reply With Quote