Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-02-2010, 02:57 PM   #43
sleddog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 Black
Yepper, guilty, drive it in the snow all the time, if I didn't it wouldn't get much use besides I don't have a garage to park it in. Put good snow tires on it and it drives down right nice in the snow and ice. Just like a two wheel drive pickup.
sleddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 03:17 PM   #44
SSCMC

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM, M6, GFX
I've been driving mine all winter long.....got rained on once or twice. Ah the misfortune of living in San Diego.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:50 PM   #45
deibelsan
1st Camaro, Love it

Drives: 2010 2LT M6 Black/Black sunroof
Drive mine in the winter when the roads are clear and there is no snow/ice predicted. But I have a '93 Jeep Wrangler to drive when its bad (my wife makes fun of me/complains because my cars are "toys", i.e. fun, and she has the minivan).

Not that I'm afraid about my driving the Camaro in the snow but other people (especially other SUV owners) are really lousy drivers in the snow around here (read think their car makes them invincible) and I don't need them hitting me.
deibelsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:49 PM   #46
CamaroKen

Drives: 2010 SIM SS
Where I live, it doesn't snow a lot or a bunch at 1 time, but this year has been the worst that I have seen in 15 years, so I was a little nervous at first and even looked for a beater to drive, but the beater never came through and after the first bad snow hit, the Maro did wonderful, already had winter tires and wheels on, so that sold me on it being the only car for me this winter. There is not a lot of traffic in my city either, so that helps to eliminate the bad drivers out there, and I live 5 minutes from work, so I have more than 1 option for routes to and from work to miss traffic as well. I have not driven a rear wheel car in about 10 years now since I stopped driving my 79 El Camino (Royal Knight SS) which was horrible to drive in any wet condition, and with the winter tires on this wonderful machine, it handles great, almost as well as my front wheel Monte Carlo LS that I traded in. The only thing I hate is the constant washing to keep her clean, but the upstairs neighbor cleaned out the garage, so at least she is under cover when I am at home.
CamaroKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 06:23 PM   #47
Enzo

Drives: 2013 IOM ZL1
Mine is stored but will take it for a spin when the roads are dry.
Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 06:35 PM   #48
mtbikerinme83

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3-M6
Mine is my DD and I drive it every day, even in the middle of snow storms here in Maine. I put on some 18X8 wheels with skinnier TRUE snow tires (not performance snow tires). This thing goes great in the snow!!! Having a manual transmission helps alot since I can control how much power and torque goes to the rear wheels. I've driven my share of 2wd trucks in the snow, and they suck without any weight in the bed. The new 5th gen camaro has such great weight distribution, that it doesn't need weight in the trunk for it to get great traction. Tires are the important thing though.

I had a 98 trans am WS6 that I used to store for the winter, but my summer toy is my Harley and this camaro is meant to be driven, not to sit in my garage looking pretty. Besides, GM has produces so many of the 5th gens, that they wont be worth a dang thing in 5 years or after 50k miles. I'd have to hold onto it for 40 years and have under 30k original miles for it to MAYBE be worth something down the road. Screw that, every day drive it like ya stole it!

Previously:
2010 IBM 2SS LS3-M6
CAI intake with JRE race scoop, VMax TB, Solo HF Catted Mid pipes, and JRE SCT tune
mtbikerinme83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 06:49 PM   #49
Rafsanjani
What now Bitches?

Drives: 2013 SW ZL1
I drive mine every day. Only bad snow storms with roads not cleared will keep me home. The snow tires perform just fine (Scorpion Ice & Snow). I've actually watched a couple sets of headlights start doing 360's in my rear view when there was snow on the road. I was just fine.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:51 PM   #50
fuffl

Drives: #3124!!!
I drove mine in all weather...until I blew the motor. Now I'm on a 71 Chevy 4x4 with 400K miles. Come to think of it, it's about ready to pop too. Hurry up long-block!
fuffl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:10 PM   #51
Kept-a-rollin

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS ABM/Grey/A6/Sunr
Mine is my DD - bought it to enjoy it as much as possible and lovin' every minute of it. When it's snowing, I have another car available, since I still have the summer tires on. Probably have had about 6 - 8 days this winter when it was off limits - not too bad.
Kept-a-rollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:13 PM   #52
bluch
OH CANADA!

Drives: 2011 RAM 1500 LARAMIE
i am

Had to trade in the Camaro for a truck :(, but hopefully I can join the Camaro family again one day
bluch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:22 PM   #53
Easy Go

Drives: LLT MV5 B34 N65... period.
Rain, sleet, snow, salty roads... HAH!!!

Mother nature can't keep me out of my Camaro.
In the early morning... when there's only a mere suggestion that the sun is going to bother coming up at all that day - a CGM blur accompanied by the anthem of 312 horses awakens the morning commuters from their NPR-induced stupor. Charging past the front lines in an all-or-nothing battle cry that the King has returned...
Easy Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:23 PM   #54
ittybittyfds

Drives: 2013 Victory Red ZL1 M6 #495
Anybody drive in snow with the P's still on

Let me ask it this way
"Anybody drive in the snow with the 20's and the P's on?"
tomorrow i think i have to drive my Cam. but i do not have snow tires because i have a traverse for bad weather. but tomorrow the wife needs the traverse and i HAVE to go to work...
yea its snowing pretty bad here in MD
Old 02-02-2010, 08:27 PM   #55
RedEagle

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6, '07 Trailblazer
Send a message via Yahoo to RedEagle
I drive my 2SS/RS daily without issues in snow or ice. Of course I wish I wouldn't have traded the truck in on this until later this spring, but it is well worth it. Oh, and I think I have better traction control in this that I did with my truck in 2WD.

And let's not forget that I put on the Pirelli Ice & Snow tires. Tried it with the P-Zero's for one day, yeah that ain't happening.

RedEagle Out !

2010 Camaro 2SS/RR, M6, Black on Black, White Stripes, Sunroof, WeatherTech Mats, Body Molded Splash Guards, Skit Shift Eliminator -- VIN 60162

Last edited by RedEagle; 02-02-2010 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention the tires.
RedEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:27 PM   #56
extremepcs

Drives: 2010 2SS Automatic - Black
My 2SS is my daily driver until I can get my 78 Bronco back on the road. I almost got in 2 accidents today on slick roads. Tried to stop for a yellow light, slid through the intersection after it turned red. I wasn't speeding... 25 mph max when I hit the brakes and they had absolutely no effect (ABS just keep groaning). The other cars around me didn't have any problems stopping. It has to be the tires.
extremepcs is offline   Reply With Quote