Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-29-2010, 07:14 PM   #1
mvarley

Drives: 2012 Cadillac CTS-V Wagon
Experience with Gieco or Progessive?

I'm with Allstate but have been quoted lower rates by Gieco and Progressive. Anybody have good or bad experiences with them?

In particular, I have heard issues with Gieco about covering accidents/issues that happened outside of the insureds home state or when traveling in Canada.
Thanks,
Mike
mvarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 07:18 PM   #2
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvarley View Post
I'm with Allstate but have been quoted lower rates by Gieco and Progressive. Anybody have good or bad experiences with them?

In particular, I have heard issues with Gieco about covering accidents/issues that happened outside of the insureds home state or when traveling in Canada.
Thanks,
Mike
well i didnt like gieco when years go I went to go with them and then right after everything they pull driving recorded and said I had license suspended 7 yrs ago before i even had a license and wanted to up quote.. so I went with USAA for years.. had Progressive for like 4 years they were great. Prices were low. When my car was stolen they were out there fast. Got everything done. came to my house at my conveince. And got me paid in 2 weeks as soon as cops closed case.. (cant pay you till case is closed)

Id go Progressive. They also do accident forgiveness after your have them a couple of years. They only go back 3 years. Geico goes back 10 years. so if you do have accident geico will raise your insurance for 10years which progressive only 3years
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 07:29 PM   #3
mtcwby
High on "The Camaro Life"

Drives: 2010 2SS, IOM, LS3, Vortech, LG cam
Send a message via AIM to mtcwby
I've got Allstate and I pay $400/year less than Geico or Progressive quoted me.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:34 PM   #4
Madcat0911

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:

Thanks,
Mike
I've been a Geico customer since I got my first car 9 years ago. I'm also military so I've been to multiples of states and have had accidents in quite a few of those as well. I've never had an issue with Geico, even when dealing with car mods and custom paint jobs. I've also not had any major insurance company able to even match what my rates are with them. I won't be leaving them anytime soon.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:35 PM   #5
shroomjohn

Drives: Golden Eagle
Ive had progressive for 7 years you cant beat their rates or customer service(IMO) but Ive also never had a wreck just questions here and there
Old 01-29-2010, 07:38 PM   #6
68/2010
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS Rally Yellow
I have Allstate and the other two were higher and plus I trust Allstate.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:51 PM   #7
firstmate

Drives: 2010 Blk/Gry SS/RS M6
I have had Geico for 24 years or so. I have had several claims over the years, mostly incidents that happen on the road, but not accidents. I have run over things in the road that caused damage, had things fly into the car, hit curbs when run off the road etc... Also, had minor scratches all over my Infiniti G35 from Hurricane Ike. I have never had any problems getting paid right away, and I couldn't beat their prices every time I have checked. However I haven't checked in a couple of years, and I do want to get some quotes just to be sure. They really seem to work with me too since I have been with them so long. I know that won't help though if you are just starting out, but long term they have been great. Good luck whoever you choose.
VIN #2386
Delivered 6-11-09 - Woo Hoo!!!

Hey Houston locals--------

Join the H-Town Camaro Club
www.H-TownCamaroClub.com
firstmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:14 PM   #8
DarrenJ

Drives: '67 Camaro ZZ4 & 2010 IOM 2SS
State Farm, State Farm, State Farm!

Why would you trust anyone you couldn't get to if you had a problem? What's the guy/gal from Progressive's Name? Ever get to talk to Flo? (haha). Never talk to the same person twice at Geico.

I thought HP computers were great until I had a problem, then I found out what kind of service they provide. Anyone can hide behind a telephone, it takes a real company to put the people in place to take care of real problems.
DarrenJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:19 PM   #9
MacTruck

Drives: Camaro RS
Quote:

Thanks,
Mike

DON'T DO IT!

I was with Progressive, Geico quoted lower rate, I dropped progressive for Geico. Month later my rate went up. They do this all the time. The rate quote is never accurate.
MacTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:28 PM   #10
Easy Go

Drives: LLT MV5 B34 N65... period.
We recently went to Progressive. Not long after, my wife got hit by someone in a parking lot (not my Camaro, thankfully) and Progressive was great to work with. They took care of everything very quickly and professionally. Car looks like new which it was.

I did notice on my policy that the coverage is voided if you make changes to your vehicle to set it up for racing. They specifically call out modifying the ride height as a no-no. Of course it could be argued that under certain conditions a tighter ride is safer, but that's what's in their policy - so you want to ask questions of ANY insurer if you intend to do any modification.
In the early morning... when there's only a mere suggestion that the sun is going to bother coming up at all that day - a CGM blur accompanied by the anthem of 312 horses awakens the morning commuters from their NPR-induced stupor. Charging past the front lines in an all-or-nothing battle cry that the King has returned...
Easy Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:42 PM   #11
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk 2018 Sierra SLT
Progressive has lowered my rate EVERY 6 months since I have been with them, which will be 4 years now. Im 23 and have a total loss on my record from when I was 18

Had 2 claims with them, one for a windshield, and one for my wife's civic when a trailer lost a wheel/tire on the freeway and it took off half of the front end

Both incidents were handled VERY quickly and Customer Service was outstanding.

I highly recommend them.

TRADED: 2016 2SS M6
Jeanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:54 PM   #12
Chevyg1rl

Drives: Chevys
I've been with Progressive for 14 years. You can't beat their customer service. They even told me who to use to insure my '76 Vette for a cheaper rate. My 2010 Camaro is $20/year more than my 2001. I'd say that's a great deal!! I had proof of insurance faxed to my dealer before they finished the paperwork.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:01 PM   #13
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:

Thanks,
Mike

Insurance threads are . Felt like 1/2 way thru, thinking about accidents. (glad it I got here on the first page)

That being said, Geico does check with DMV, but if you drive clean they seem to be fine for me. Had 'em for the past 10+ and haven't had a problem.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:02 PM   #14
brtaus

Drives: None
My experience with insurance, both vehicle and health/dental, is you get what you pay for. My wife had Progressive, and they were a nightmare to deal with on trying to file a claim and get money out of them. They tried to use every excuse in the book not to pay. But she wanted to go with them b/c they were cheap. I, on the other hand, have State Farm; quick claims, great staff, an actual office to go and talk to someone, and higher payouts than other companies. Sure, the premiums are higher, but the service is unmatched. We now have both vehicle insured & financed through them along with our house and life insurance. All that too = deep discounts. Gotta love it.
brtaus is offline   Reply With Quote