Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 03-15-2013, 11:28 AM   #57
Hulkamaniac
Livin' the Dream

Drives: '22 Challenger GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by GmcSierra6.2 View Post

If you’re anticipating the new Camaro, then you’re not alone. We’ve been running into sketches, Photoshopped renderings, and “what-ifs?” of the 2015/2016 Camaro all over the internet for the last couple of months. We’ve even heard a report that the 2014 Camaro is getting a facelift to keep things fresh. But more on that later.

Along with an updated body that's unmistakingly Camaro, the artist believes that the next car should get some fresh color options as well.

According to the original poster on GM Inside News, MonaroSS, he wanted to give the next generation Camaro a look that was familiar, and unmistakable, but one that was fresh, modern, and exciting. It’s been said that the next iteration of Chevrolet’s pony car will be smaller and lighter, and more nimble – just the way a pony car should be.

In a form of sacrilege, MonaroSS makes a mention to the Scion FR-S/Subaru BRZ in terms of how the next Camaro should be. Perhaps not in so much as styling, just in size, uniqueness, and price. He also renders not only the coupe, but a convertible and an 800 HP tuner version too, just to give us an idea of what could be done to the body in regards to performance and personalization.

Truth be told, no one other than the GM designers and engineers have a real idea of what Camaro 6 will actually look like, but thanks to the modern luxury and convenience of computers, we can get together as a group and speculate.
Those renders remind me of the old '70's Monza hatchback.

Hulkamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:52 PM   #58
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Whatever design GM has for the 6th gen will be locked in place by the time they figure out if the Mustang bombs or not. They won't be able to make any changes.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:28 PM   #59
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Whatever design GM has for the 6th gen will be locked in place by the time they figure out if the Mustang bombs or not. They won't be able to make any changes.
Also, it's moving to a new platform, which may dictate some of the changes.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:17 PM   #60
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt View Post
Chevy has the luxuary of waiting to see how the Mustang redesign goes. If the Mustang bombs I'd bet a weeks pay you'll see an evolution of the 5th gen. instead of a total redesign for the Camaro. Camaros are selling well right now. don't want to turn buyers off with a bad design like they did with the 4th gen.
I don't think there's ANY link between Camaro design and Mustang...this opinion besides what Fen and Blur said above.

Mustang chose to go retro in 2005 and made some positive waves in the segment because they were able to pull it off in a modern way...Challenger chose to carbon-copy the original (or at least get as close as possible), and produced what many could consider a 100% retro look.

Camaro, by contrast, is a throughly modern design that uses some cues from the 1969 model to drive inspiration. There are only a handful of design elements that they pulled directly off the 69, though. It is not "retro", like the other two.

The Camaro has handily "won" the award for best-looking of the 3...I think sales reflect that. So if I had to venture a guess...I'd say that the Camaro Team is far more worried about living up to the high bar they've set with this generation's design...than what Ford makes their pony car look like.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:39 PM   #61
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
...Camaro design has gotten more accolades than Ford and Dodge, thats a fact. GM with it's technology advancements, Company restructuring, redistribution of it's assets. product development, investment, and it's initiative is positioning itself to be the Global leader into the next decade. Look for more advancement and better things to come from the General.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:33 AM   #62
SabotAndHeat

Drives: 2010 Camaro
@ Big Dawg

I think this one would do well.

If I remember correctly this was someones personal render released just a couple months prior to the Gen 5 Concept pics being released. Is that accurate?
SabotAndHeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:48 AM   #63
Duck
Autobahn lover

Drives: 2011 SIM Camaro 2SS RS M6
I like it..............a lot.
Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:14 AM   #64
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Whoever did it has skills... nice job.

The tail looks more like the late 80's Vette than anything else, that's not a bad thing.

The 2nd, 3rd & 4th gen Camaro was a fastback design, so that fits with previous cars.

Old 03-20-2013, 09:53 AM   #65
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt View Post
don't want to turn buyers off with a bad design like they did with the 4th gen.
Say what? You lost me putting "Bad design" and 4th gen in the same sentence...

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:02 AM   #66
ryzrs10

Drives: Victory Red 2012 2SS Auto
....I sure hope it doesn't look like this...
ryzrs10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:46 AM   #67
Agent orange
socal ht5

Drives: 2010 Camaro ss
No good. Rear end looks like a mustang. I doubt it.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:51 PM   #68
Kleeeb

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 1LT/RS
Send a message via MSN to Kleeeb Send a message via Skype™ to Kleeeb
Even though it is just a photoshop, I really like it! Not so much the tail lights, but It reminds me of an Audi A7. Those are my weaknesses
Old 08-14-2013, 10:23 PM   #69
Athena's Savior

Drives: 2014 Summit white RS 2LT Camaro
Ewww no.

What the hell is this a hatchback!?
Athena's Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 01:03 AM   #70
mjclemm
"Gunny"

Drives: 2023 Camaro LT1 RS Radiant Red
Don't think the rear of the car can carry the total theme of the car. If they go somewhere a bit fresh, I'd say it needs a longer rear end with out the long slope into the trunk, needs a more aggressive stance... Reminds me of the Monza as well...hmmmmm
mjclemm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation