Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Thread Closed

Old 01-28-2013, 05:17 PM   #99
Abstrak

Drives: 2012 AGM Camaro LS / Team LFX
You do realize that if you arent a "Car Guy/Gal or a "Camaro Enthusiast" then to the general public all you drive is the transformers car lol. Nothing exclusive about it all in their eyes. To us we revel at the ZL1, its a bad ass car I see maybe 2 or 3 commuting back and forth to work. Other than the magnetic ride you could build an SS that would kill the ZL1 I dont know if thats available for purchase yet. Your vin is your exclusivity point blank period. The ZL1 has the best factory styling so to get mad/upset because people want their car to look like it is absurd. I think the fact is you want people to know you have the "Best Factory Camaro". If I modded my stock v6 to look like your car same color and all "Regular people" outside of the Camaro community wouldnt know or care lol unless they heard us cold start next to each other .
Old 01-28-2013, 05:23 PM   #100
12 ZL1 #1725

Drives: 2012 ZL1 Black 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
What we need here is a group hug. Everybody come together now.

Now, doesn't everybody feel better? Be nice.
LMAO!!! to each their own!!! Enjoy what you have!!! Isn't that the goal?
Old 01-28-2013, 06:11 PM   #101
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Easy, Tiger...first, I don't own a ZL1...lol...second, I'm not in the least upset about what people put on their cars....third, why do you defend those who use ZL1 parts, then slam the actual ZL1 car?...

Until I see a thread that says "I Bought a Used ZL1..!!!...Turns Out it was a Fake!!!...WTF???"...then I'll believe those who get all upset about putting on different parts have an argument....But I don't think that will ever happen...
That's fair, I did take a shot at the ZL1. Im not totally slamming it, just pointing out that aside from the magnetic's, its not much different in the end than people who have supercharged their SS and set it for track duty.

Its not a unique vehicle, so why there's so much hate from people for anyone who dares add "ZL1" items to their car is beyond my understanding.

As you state, unless someone is trying to sell their car as a ZL1 when its not, how is it possibly hurting or impacting anyone else?

A real Camaro owner or enthusiast will recognize within a few minutes that its not a real ZL1, and the average person on the street cant even tell the difference between an LT and SS when they see it, much less a ZL1. And as far as cost, people who don't know seem to think I paid insane amounts for my SS.

If your wanting to flaunt how much money you spent on a vehicle, you will need to go to a much higher bracket before anyone really cares, the only ones who will be like wow are other Camaro owners and enthusiast, and I direct you to my fourth paragraph on this comment.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:24 PM   #102
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
A reasonable concern but it likely will never happen. Best they could do is make specific parts very expensive for non owners. Like making the entire ZL1 kit cost like $3,000 for any one but owners.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:30 PM   #103
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk Edition
whats funny is my local Camaro club has regular SS's and even a few Turboed V6s in the 1000+hp range that stomp ZL1s for lunch.. You are not that special.
530/520 SAE
Old 01-28-2013, 06:36 PM   #104
Blueclyde

Drives: 2023 ZLE
I haven't read all of the responses but this has been going on for as long as muscle cars have been around. I could care less if somebody bolts a bunch of body parts and wheels onto the SS/LT/LS. It doesn't impact the ZL1 at all. There's only one way to get a ZL1 and that is to buy one. I'm not trying to minimize anybody's modified car because there are certainly many many very tastefully modified Camaros. I'm just saying it has no impact on the ZL1.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:41 PM   #105
Synyster

Drives: 2006 F150 Lariat
OP you probably should have bought a Lamborghini.

I hear they're pretty unique.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:44 PM   #106
Les7311

Drives: 2017 Zl1 (M6)
Send a message via Yahoo to Les7311
Posted this on another thread, but heres something that sets the ZL1 (projected) to differ from the camaros.....so keep it original

While there were shouts out for V-8 powered Chevrolet Camaros, DeutscheBundeswehr picked the top-dog ZL1, suggesting that today’s ZL1 will be in 25 years what 1960s classic Camaros are to us now.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:18 PM   #107
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonpope2003 View Post
whats funny is my local Camaro club has regular SS's and even a few Turboed V6s in the 1000+hp range that stomp ZL1s for lunch.. You are not that special.
I have plenty of friends with high powered vehicles, faster then my stock ZL1. Not sure what your point is? Hell Suxhost 1LE would most likely whoop my ass, and many other members on this forum. Once again, what's your point? Oh wait you dont have any, and clearly misunderstood what I said. Enjoy your Dusk edition, btw.

I'm simply asking GM to make it harder to replicate, nothing more, nothing less. If they decide to add fenders, maybe a vent in the quarter panels, etc that would work which would require different lines for the front bumper/hood. I have nothing against other models. I've had them all damn near. In any case, this is a platform for opinions and this is why I love the car. Not all will agree which is everyone's right, I pay my car payment just like everyone else.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:24 PM   #108
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
I have plenty of friends with high powered vehicles, faster then my stock ZL1. Not sure what your point is? Hell Suxhost 1LE would most likely whoop my ass. Once again, what's your point? Oh wait you dont have any, and clearly misunderstood what I said. Enjoy your Dusk edition...
my point is.. you make no sense at all.
You bought a muscle car. a Camaro at that which the entire history of the car has been about modding.
If you wanted to be "exclusive" buy a freaking Bugatti. otherwise you are not special.

welcome to the world of muscle cars and cars in general.
530/520 SAE
Old 01-28-2013, 07:26 PM   #109
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les7311 View Post
Posted this on another thread, but heres something that sets the ZL1 (projected) to differ from the camaros.....so keep it original

While there were shouts out for V-8 powered Chevrolet Camaros, DeutscheBundeswehr picked the top-dog ZL1, suggesting that today’s ZL1 will be in 25 years what 1960s classic Camaros are to us now.

Probably right.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:35 PM   #110
Dr.Spike

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 (IOM)
Quote:
Would this be at Board track racing? Drag racing? Dirt track racing? Ice racing? Formula racing? Midget car racing? Sprint car racing? Off-road racing? Pickup truck racing? Production car racing? Rally racing? Rally-cross? Road racing? Slot-car racing? Sports car racing? Stock car racing? Touring car racing? Truck racing or Lawnmower racing? Or maybe Street racing?

Wait, what the heck does stomp for lunch actually mean?

I have heard 'eat for lunch' and 'stomp', but 'stomp for lunch'?

Oh well, group hugs for all. Or maybe just a round.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:38 PM   #111
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Spike View Post
Would this be at Board track racing? Drag racing? Dirt track racing? Ice racing? Formula racing? Midget car racing? Sprint car racing? Off-road racing? Pickup truck racing? Production car racing? Rally racing? Rally-cross? Road racing? Slot-car racing? Sports car racing? Stock car racing? Touring car racing? Truck racing or Lawnmower racing? Or maybe Street racing?

Wait, what the heck does stomp for lunch actually mean?

I have heard 'eat for lunch' and 'stomp', but 'stomp for lunch'?

Oh well, group hugs for all. Or maybe just a round.
all the above as there are many different people and tastes.. some are drag peeps others are SCCA types.
530/520 SAE
Old 01-28-2013, 07:49 PM   #112
Dr.Spike

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 (IOM)
Quote:
all the above as there are many different people and tastes.. some are drag peeps others are SCCA types.

LOL, did you really read what I posted? I would think not.

Which peep has the SS or turbo6 lawnmower?

If you really stand by all the above, I call

What is stomp for lunch? and where can I get some? I would like to try a new place tomorrow.

Closed Thread