Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 01-28-2015, 06:33 PM   #141
c5Legend
Camaro5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by smggugfaw View Post
I wish I lived in that world.

No one looks twice at this car anymore. They're a dime a dozen in my neck of the woods. A far cry from 2010/2011 when they really did get looks and comments.

If anyone is still "ooohing and ahhing" at the 5th gen, they've been under a rock for the last 4 years.
ABM for the win
go get a custom paint job or wrap or dip job with a nice/different color and people will look.

6th gen better come in ABM or SGM

My Build
'11 Chrysler 300 Limited / '10 Camaro 2LT
c5Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 08:36 PM   #142
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
! No more funny boy - it was getting annoying...
Old 01-28-2015, 09:41 PM   #143
GRAHL
workaholic

Drives: 69 SS Lemans Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Well, would you pick the refresh if you're looking for a muscle car over the challenger and mustang in looks?
Absolutely. It's pretty close with the challenger. the new mustang isn't even close. That front end is hideous.
Old 01-28-2015, 09:42 PM   #144
GRAHL
workaholic

Drives: 69 SS Lemans Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3130 View Post
I wasn't particularly looking for a 3rd gen inspired 6th gen, its just the best rendering I've seen thus far. I agree with you about the early 5th gens, the pre 2014 models were beautiful. Everyone keeps saying its all in the details, and that's true to me. The refreshed 5th gen just got the details all wrong to me, making me not like a car that's 90% of a car that I really liked.

I agree with the guy above. Dodge took the same approach with the Challenger, and got the details all right. The front looks better, the rear was modernized while staying true to its look, and the interior is best of class in my opinion.

I'm hoping for something similar from Chevy. It seems like Chevy and Ford are trying to make the cars appeal to the whole world, which I totally understand, but are alienating their original base at the same time. If I wanted a sleek Euro inspired car, I would just buy a European make.
Understood. And well said.
Old 01-28-2015, 09:45 PM   #145
smggugfaw

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by c5Legend View Post
go get a custom paint job or wrap or dip job with a nice/different color and people will look.
Yeah, but that'd be true of ANY car. Again, the point is that there was a time that the 5th Gen was a head-turner straight off the lot (even in the lower trims).

I was hoping that'd be the case for the 6th Gen.
smggugfaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 11:53 PM   #146
spratleyea
Graphic artist

Drives: 2010 wht w/silver ralley stripes
Newest 2016 Camaro spy photos - spotted in Ramona, CA

I found this on line last night. I don't think it's correct though. The caption read 2016 Camaro interior.
It might be the Cruze interior
Attached Images

Last edited by spratleyea; 01-28-2015 at 11:56 PM. Reason: Add to coment
spratleyea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 12:04 AM   #147
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
It is

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 12:42 AM   #148
bharabs

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE Summit White
This is all I'm expecting, a refresh of the refresh(styling), slightly smaller body, new engine, new interiors and more power!
bharabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 08:42 PM   #149
fradaj

Drives: RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAHL View Post
True! Of course there will still be the people who light their hair on fire and hope that a nuke is dropped on GM because, heaven forbid, it's not a complete departure from the 5th gen--which is arguably one of the most sexy, hot and aggressive designs put out for a Camaro. Yet a 3rd gen refresh will be the best thing since sliced bread and bring peace to the middle east.

It's going to look awesome, it's going to perform great, and it will sell. Not really seeing how the fuse-stang and challenger are any more exciting but opinions vary of course.

I am expecting something a little radical with the styling of the C6 especially on the front end, but also be familiar to the C5. Like a next generation C5 that has a more modern look, both inside and out.
fradaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 09:23 PM   #150
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
We need pictures!!!!!! I just want it to be revealed so I can decide whether or not to hold off on buying a car.

I don't understand why they are being so secretive. Hopefully GM has come up with something worth hiding. Also, wouldn't you want to get some media attention to get a buzz going for the car? If it's going to go on sale this year, i would think it has to be revealed fairly soon, unless the Camaro is really low on GM's list of priorities now that they used the first slot in the biggest car show of the year to reveal a car that they can't currently produce profitably. Oh and it sells a quarter of the unit annually that the Camaro sells.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 09:45 PM   #151
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
We need pictures!!!!!! I just want it to be revealed so I can decide whether or not to hold off on buying a car.

I don't understand why they are being so secretive. Hopefully GM has come up with something worth hiding. Also, wouldn't you want to get some media attention to get a buzz going for the car? If it's going to go on sale this year, i would think it has to be revealed fairly soon, unless the Camaro is really low on GM's list of priorities now that they used the first slot in the biggest car show of the year to reveal a car that they can't currently produce profitably. Oh and it sells a quarter of the unit annually that the Camaro sells.
Makes you wonder if something is keeping gm from revealing. It has been radio silence for a long time now.

why cant they tease the interior a little...release another video...confirm LT1....give us something to chew on.

GT350 looking better and better.
DenverTaco07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 01:30 AM   #152
samurai

Drives: C8 Corvette
Quote:

Maybe they found out that people dont want a 5.2 gen in terms of the visuals and now they are doing a last minute facelift to make it look more modern. Maybe they guessed nobody would buy the new mustang because of the modern looks. Maybe the data from the mule test drives didnt turn out as good as expected. Who knows.

Too me it always feels like a bad sign if a company is completely silent. The first mules were spotted in July, and still they cant even say at which auto show they will reveal the camaro
samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 02:30 AM   #153
'01LS1

Drives: 2003 Pete
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai View Post
Maybe they found out that people dont want a 5.2 gen in terms of the visuals and now they are doing a last minute facelift to make it look more modern. Maybe they guessed nobody would buy the new mustang because of the modern looks. Maybe the data from the mule test drives didnt turn out as good as expected. Who knows.

Too me it always feels like a bad sign if a company is completely silent. The first mules were spotted in July, and still they cant even say at which auto show they will reveal the camaro
It is always dead silent on new car reveals that have a fan following previous to the official debut. Generally about a week or two before the curtain is lifted, the leaked rumors start circulating the web sites & media outlets. That is all apart of what fuels the anticipation. Think the C7 Corvette vids started showing up around 10-12 days before it was shown.

Besides if they found any of the conspiracy notations above, we would have never seen the camo cars running around in spy shots.

My guess is our wait will be for the NY Auto show.
'01LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 06:56 AM   #154
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai View Post

I think a Gen 5.2 Camaro is exactly what the people want. They are not going to vary far from one of their most successful body styles. GM has been down this road before with the Camaro. Ford had to do something extremely different. GM does not.
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 camaro spy, 2016 camaro spy photo, 2016 camaro spy photos, 2016 camaro spy pics, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation