Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-17-2018, 05:35 PM   #29
Abdulisraddd

Drives: 17' 1SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwebster View Post
This sounds suspiciously like the "Manual Transmission Protection" feature described in GM Doc ID 4733151. The DIC message sounds a lot like the one specified in the last paragraph. This is feature is always-on and hard-coded into the ECM, I believe. It may be an indication that your clutch is worn and slipping. If not, a good tuner might know how to adjust or disable it.

Wierd that it would happen on an A8, though... (just realized you've got an auto). Still, the message sounds similar.

Attachment 920555

--Cal

This happens to automatics as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-17-2018, 08:39 PM   #30
cwebster
Cal

Drives: 2017 6th Gen Camaro ZL1 Coupe M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdulisraddd View Post
This happens to automatics as well?

I don't think so because the feature itself is for "Manual Transmission Protection" but the message you quoted and the symptoms that preceded it sounded so much like it that I thought you had a manual at first, until I looked back at your profile. Sorry for the confusion. Maybe there's a similar thing for the autos?

--Cal
cwebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 10:35 PM   #31
Abdulisraddd

You guys think it can be a bad maf sensor ?

Old 02-18-2018, 11:47 AM   #32
jdasnt3

Drives: 18 Silverado 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRGNZ View Post
Just a thought, Valet mode?
Valet mode in these cars doesn't do a thing to car performance. Just keeps people from messing with settings on the touch screen, I believe.
Old 02-19-2018, 09:18 AM   #33
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
You guys think it can be a bad maf sensor ?
You have been messing around with this for a few weeks now.
I think maybe you should sell that Innova code reader and move up to something with live data logging. Maybe even something that connects to a laptop so you don't have to download it. You seem serious about engine mods and I think you would be better served by a more advanced tool. Flip that innova on ebay and move up to something for like $50 more and you will have a lot more information.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 10:06 AM   #34
Abdulisraddd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlz View Post
You have been messing around with this for a few weeks now.
I think maybe you should sell that Innova code reader and move up to something with live data logging. Maybe even something that connects to a laptop so you don't have to download it. You seem serious about engine mods and I think you would be better served by a more advanced tool. Flip that innova on ebay and move up to something for like $50 more and you will have a lot more information.

I also have a hp tuners ! Was getting the same exact code I fortunately. I also data logged and it would show nothing . I’ll rescan on hp tuners and report back . Anything helps lol

Old 02-20-2018, 11:03 AM   #35
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
I also have a hp tuners !
See if you can get some data with the throttle position sensors (1 & 2) along with maybe MAF, engine rpm, and spark timing. Not sure how much you can monitor simultaneously.
Someone here may know a better combination. I would like to see if TPS 1 & 2 are ever dropping out. I think the "reduced power" error results in retarded timing. So the TPS dropout might show in the timing data. I am guessing on this, and someone may have a better approach.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 12:55 PM   #36
Abdulisraddd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlz View Post
See if you can get some data with the throttle position sensors (1 & 2) along with maybe MAF, engine rpm, and spark timing. Not sure how much you can monitor simultaneously.
Someone here may know a better combination. I would like to see if TPS 1 & 2 are ever dropping out. I think the "reduced power" error results in retarded timing. So the TPS dropout might show in the timing data. I am guessing on this, and someone may have a better approach.

Will long tonight and report !

Old 02-23-2018, 06:52 PM   #37
Abdulisraddd

Engine reduced power...

Guys it ended up being burnt wires from touching my headers, it was the harness for the ecm and the header was burning wires over time. Fixing this will fix every issue I have in my car , I have a Chevy tech taking care of it for me . I’ll report back when I get my car back. Thanks for the help everyone