Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 01-21-2015, 07:01 PM   #15
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
The prototypes (not mules) indicate a similar car, an evolutionary design.

I expect a giant leap in performance, a huge improvement in the interior in style and materials.

But I believe you will recognize it as a Camaro.

The prototypes are still hiding the details and jewelry that will make the new car stand out from the current car.

Just my opinion, but GM will move this car into the next level of performance and refinement.
I'm a long time Camaro enthusiast and I approve this statement.
Old 01-21-2015, 10:21 PM   #16
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
The Ford GT occupies a niche market. It would make no sense to move the Corvette out of it's current segment and into a higher market. Not to say a "super" Corvette with mid engine setup isn't possible, but they would keep a cheaper Corvette with the traditional design for sure.

For what it is worth, there have been several times rumors of a mid engine Corvette and none have come into being. No reason to start believing rumors now either.
I agree, and I highly doubt they will make the Corvette mid engined to compete with the GT. Although, this go round with the rumor is a little more believable as the Corvette pricing is getting pretty close to making it a niche car. The Z06, fully equipped is a six figure car. Still a bargin for it's capabilities, but where are they going to go from there for the next generation? Two things that can pretty much be counted on, it won't get slower, and it won't get cheaper.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 10:40 PM   #17
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
I agree, and I highly doubt they will make the Corvette mid engined to compete with the GT. Although, this go round with the rumor is a little more believable as the Corvette pricing is getting pretty close to making it a niche car. The Z06, fully equipped is a six figure car. Still a bargin for it's capabilities, but where are they going to go from there for the next generation? Two things that can pretty much be counted on, it won't get slower, and it won't get cheaper.
All cars are creeping up in price, especially the premium ones. But I agree, the Corvette now has multiple models going from $50k and up. I could see the top of the line ZR1 becoming the mid engine, since it was already in the $100k range unless they make a totally separate car (the Zora?).

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)

Last edited by SuperSound; 01-22-2015 at 08:54 AM.
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 10:53 PM   #18
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
The 5th gen is a great looking car. For them to abandon the design completely would be stupid. I'm not saying the 6th gen should be a replica of the 5th gen but carrying over the cues that make the 5th gen a great car is a smart decision. The design will be different just by changing the platforms it is built on.
Old 01-22-2015, 12:37 AM   #19
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
The 5th gen is a great looking car. For them to abandon the design completely would be stupid. I'm not saying the 6th gen should be a replica of the 5th gen but carrying over the cues that make the 5th gen a great car is a smart decision. The design will be different just by changing the platforms it is built on.
The design don't change because of the platform. You could put a old body on a new platform. I think they should just change the front because that's the thing that makes it look the same and not refreshing! Details won't do because there's so many things that you can do already to add or subtract! So it has to be different to where you can't just buy a aftermarket one to look the same!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 06:41 AM   #20
djm96z28

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS LS3
From all the spy shots we've seen, yes, I think the new car looks too much like the 5th gen. I hope I'm wrong, though. The pictures look more like a "refresh" to me rather than a new generation of car. Yeah, it's a new platform, so why not give us a "new" car in appearance.
djm96z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 07:33 AM   #21
Cam#7

Drives: 2011 2LT IBM / SIM stripe 6M
The Camaro heritage is to have a fresh new design every generation. I'm proud of GM having the guts to do that. I still say it's a sad time for Mustang owners to settle with a cross between the original Mustang and a Fusion!!
Cam#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 10:22 AM   #22
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
The design don't change because of the platform. You could put a old body on a new platform. I think they should just change the front because that's the thing that makes it look the same and not refreshing! Details won't do because there's so many things that you can do already to add or subtract! So it has to be different to where you can't just buy a aftermarket one to look the same!
The design won't necessarily change but the proportions will due to the differences in the platforms.

Still, what we have seen is a good guess based on what GM has allowed us to see under the camo. I'm not going to make a judgement until I see the final design in person.
Old 01-22-2015, 01:31 PM   #23
SS22

Drives: 2010 Blue Camaro RS
What concerns me is that the designer that designed the 2006 concept (Sangyup Lee) is no longer at GM. I would have loved to see that same designer take on a next generation of the Camaro. What if the current designers just aren't as good and are just deriving from that 2006 car? Each generation should look different in my opinion.
SS22 is offline   Reply With Quote